[SPOILERS] Game of Thrones - Season 5
(06-16-2015, 03:10 AM)yarrrs Wrote: I found it pretty lame Stannis was just.. killed by Brienne like that.

Brienne was sworn to his brother, and she finally found his murderer after ALL THIS TIME. She takes her vengeance out in about 15 seconds, and to top it off, a slay OFF CAMERA. I was pissed, it was very anti-climatic.

Also, it'll be very awkward for Jamie and Cersei. Also, Cersei boobies.

stannis might not be dead(?)
felt kind of bad for him, he literally sacrificed everything to melisandre, and he ended up getting fucked anyway
but you don't burn your only daughter, dickhead
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
I still have no idea why they killed Jon Snow ;-;
(06-16-2015, 03:10 AM)yarrrs Wrote: I found it pretty lame Stannis was just.. killed by Brienne like that.

Brienne was sworn to his brother, and she finally found his murderer after ALL THIS TIME. She takes her vengeance out in about 15 seconds, and to top it off, a slay OFF CAMERA. I was pissed, it was very anti-climatic.

Also, it'll be very awkward for Jamie and Cersei. Also, Cersei boobies.

eh, bit disappointed it was a body double... i was looking forward to some of that lena headey nudity

though I guess it has been 8 years since 300
(06-16-2015, 10:32 AM)Dauntless Wrote: I still have no idea why they killed Jon Snow ;-;

the same reason they killed ned stark, catelyn stark, rovb stark, jeyne westerling, joffrey, etc...
it was written in the books...
and if you're talking about thorne and his band of betrayers, because they don't understand jons decision. they can't see the bigger picture, though Jon admittedly was a bit foolish in not paying attention to the attitude of his men, and doing this regardless of his men's opinions 
The following 2 users Like mgdwszx's post:
  • Dauntless, Benporium
I can't believe what they did to Stannis. The show writers have completely lost the essence of what made the series great and are just causing deaths for shock value at this point. The reason bad things happen on GoT has changed. GoT has gone from a show that wouldn't cheat to help the good guys win but will absolutely butcher plotlines and cheat to help the bad guys win for you guessed it.. shock value.
  • Yara/Ashe and "The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles" lose a fight to a shirtless guy with a knife and 3 dogs, which is roughly what you would encounter on your average domestic disturbance call. The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles couldn't survive half an episode of "Cops"
  • The Unsullied and Baristan Selmy (greatest Knight in the 7 kingdoms, slayed the Titan's Bastard with a wooden staff) lose a fight against unarmored aristocrats with knives.
  • "20 good men" infiltrate the camp of the greatest military tactician alive.
  • The Unsullied lose another fight against unarmored aristocrats with spears, who honestly also make a pretty good showing against a dragon.
  • The Boltons, despite not being supported by most of the north, and seemingly not having any massive source of money, raise an army of tens of thousands and overwhelm Stannis.
The show writers are destroying GRRM's legacy.

Also, if Stannis realised he was outnumbered, which he did. Why did he not help clear the Ironborn out of the North to help get the support of the Northern houses? You know, like he did in the damn books?!
The following 1 user Likes Sub-Zero's post:
  • mgdwszx
(06-16-2015, 02:22 PM)Sub-Zero Wrote: I can't believe what they did to Stannis. The show writers have completely lost the essence of what made the series great and are just causing deaths for shock value at this point. The reason bad things happen on GoT has changed. GoT has gone from a show that wouldn't cheat to help the good guys win but will absolutely butcher plotlines and cheat to help the bad guys win for you guessed it.. shock value.
  • Yara/Ashe and "The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles" lose a fight to a shirtless guy with a knife and 3 dogs, which is roughly what you would encounter on your average domestic disturbance call. The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles couldn't survive half an episode of "Cops"
  • The Unsullied and Baristan Selmy (greatest Knight in the 7 kingdoms, slayed the Titan's *** with a wooden staff) lose a fight against unarmored aristocrats with knives.
  • "20 good men" infiltrate the camp of the greatest military tactician alive.
  • The Unsullied lose another fight against unarmored aristocrats with spears, who honestly also make a pretty good showing against a dragon.
  • The Boltons, despite not being supported by most of the north, and seemingly not having any massive source of money, raise an army of tens of thousands and overwhelm Stannis.
The show writers are destroying GRRM's legacy.

Got to agree with this. Also found it very funny that Unsullied were patrolling narrow streets with spears. Also a shame they didn't put the Aegon storyline in, maybe would've been a bit too much in the scope of things, but still would've been interesting to see what he accomplished with the Golden Company at his back, and after E10, likely Dorne and The Iron Throne at war.
(06-16-2015, 02:28 PM)Devin Wrote: Got to agree with this. Also found it very funny that Unsullied were patrolling narrow streets with spears. Also a shame they didn't put the Aegon storyline in, maybe would've been a bit too much in the scope of things, but still would've been interesting to see what he accomplished with the Golden Company at his back, and after E10, likely Dorne and The Iron Throne at war.

Pretty sure it says the unsullied are trained with daggers, a short sword and spear throughout their entire lives.. Why in 7 hells did they resort to loose formation in an alleyway against trick or treaters with daggers? It's annoying as hell. I'm not pissed with the show because of some of my favourite characters dying (my fav Petyr Baelish is still alive) I'm pissed off with it because it's bad writing. The whole Dorne story line this season was horrendous. It was absolutely pointless. I wished at least we got a speech from Doran Martell based on the Fire and Blood one he gives in the books. No hints whatsoever that he will support Daenarys Targaryen or Aegon Targaryen/Blackfyre when he or she invades. What a waste of screen time.
  • mgdwszx
Well actually, if you think about it - if Jamie Lannister hadn't headed down to Dorne, then he would be in the capital (most likely rescuing Cersei and starting a war, which would not allow the story to progress as it will). Y'all can't be narrow-minded and think that just because it wasn't action-packed this season on one place, doesn't mean that it is pointless. Game of Thrones is quite famous for build ups, which is why I like it. I personally find, even though I found this season not as great as the others, that you shouldn't judge too early - especially when it's a series like this. The unsullied thing was a bit n00b, but I found this season watchable and enjoyable, although not as much as the other seasons.

Can't wait for the next season Smile
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(06-16-2015, 03:47 PM)Floodify Wrote: Well actually, if you think about it - if Jamie Lannister hadn't headed down to Dorne, then he would be in the capital (most likely rescuing Cersei and starting a war, which would not allow the story to progress as it will). Y'all can't be narrow-minded and think that just because it wasn't action-packed this season on one place, doesn't mean that it is pointless. Game of Thrones is quite famous for build ups, which is why I like it. I personally find, even though I found this season not as great as the others, that you shouldn't judge too early - especially when it's a series like this. The unsullied thing was a bit n00b, but I found this season watchable and enjoyable, although not as much as the other seasons.

All I can say to that is

[Image: BBMvMxX.jpg]
  • mgdwszx
(06-16-2015, 04:09 PM)Sub-Zero Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 03:47 PM)Floodify Wrote: Well actually, if you think about it - if Jamie Lannister hadn't headed down to Dorne, then he would be in the capital (most likely rescuing Cersei and starting a war, which would not allow the story to progress as it will). Y'all can't be narrow-minded and think that just because it wasn't action-packed this season on one place, doesn't mean that it is pointless. Game of Thrones is quite famous for build ups, which is why I like it. I personally find, even though I found this season not as great as the others, that you shouldn't judge too early - especially when it's a series like this. The unsullied thing was a bit n00b, but I found this season watchable and enjoyable, although not as much as the other seasons.

All I can say to that is

[Image: BBMvMxX.jpg]

not gunna lie
i lol'd
i presume you've read all the books?