Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ammo changes
I quite liked Pistol Ammo, Rifle Ammo, Shotgun Ammo and Sniper Ammo... Smile
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • Grub
There's an alternative, but it'd require a re-vote:

-Five-seven and P90 return to FN 5.7x28mm
-MP5 returns to 9x19mm
-AK-74 renamed to AK-101, and 5.45x39mm ammo is scrapped in favour of NATO 5.56x45mm ammo.
-The Desert Eagle would use .44 Magnum instead of .50AE (which would be scrapped), have mag increased to 8, and damage tweaked to ensure the price is fair in comparison with the MR96.

This would mean that all guns use realistic ammo types, we keep the more realistic naming system, but .50AE and 5.45x39mm ammo is scrapped, leaving us with two less ammo types. It's a compromise between the two.

If there's enough support for a compromise like this, I can always call a re-vote with the two previous options and this compromise, and go with majority.

Picture, by Dr Internet:
[Image: 3438f10cc83e57002b8f4e522a73c586.png]
The following 5 users Like Faustie's post:
  • RK-Fin, Doctor Internet, Enzyme, Bradley, BasicallyMental
(06-10-2015, 04:34 PM)Faustie Wrote: -The Desert Eagle would use .44 Magnum instead of .50AE (which would be scrapped), have mag increased to 8, and damage tweaked to ensure the price is fair in comparison with the MR96.

Just to note. I did research, and found that the Desert Eagle holds 7, .50AE rounds, 8 .44 or .41 rounds. Hence, the decision to remain faithful to the IMI Desert Eagle.

Realism team! Away!
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 1 user Likes Doctor Internet's post:
  • RK-Fin
I like the suggestion that you just brought up, Fausticles!

(I have no idea which of the vote-poll-candidates represents that suggestion though)
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
If people get confused by all of the different ammo types, either make some form of a guide with all ammo types on or just generally put in the description of the ammo types which weapon takes which. The old ammo system was good, but I'd rather have a newer system with multiple ammo types.

I did like the pistol, sniper, shotgun and rifle ammo idea, but I'd personally think that more ammo types would create a better feel than before. The old system was good, but when you think of it from the server stand point, more ammunition types would give a larger variety. This can be thought to be more confusing than it actually sounds, you would just have to remember say '5.56' for rifle etc. Not an overload of ammo types just a variety. Even if there are a lot more ammo types, you will have to except the fact that you have to remember something in a game.

Another point Faustie - I do like that idea of yours, it is looking like not too many different ammunition is being added, which is a great idea. I also like the whole idea of '5.56' being for certain 'upper' rifles such as the AK etc. I do like your idea, the ammo types seem also fair and reasonable which means the weapon system will be at a good stand point. Great Work!
Ex-Server Teacher
Alright. Well, I'll try and reach out to a few people who've made the most grievances on both sides; remember, while the vote made some things clear, I can't reach out to every single person, and people may miss or not fully comprehend the compromise in a vote (as it's semi-hidden and requires a little in-depth understanding), which could sway the vote unfairly. So, I'll reach those who've actually provided an in-depth opinion and so on, and discuss whether they'd prefer a total revert (which one the vote) or the compromise. The system that we have today is out, having lost the vote.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • RK-Fin, Bradley
Faustie, I would like the compromise thing to be added. But Let see how goes.
[Image: RK_zps7yf6fcdd.png]
Thanks Dig for awesome Sig!

The following 1 user Likes RK-Fin's post:
  • Doctor Internet
Love the idea of getting the realistic ammo types again.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Doctor Internet
(06-11-2015, 06:37 AM)Sir Bradley Wrote: If people get confused by all of the different ammo types, either make some form of a guide with all ammo types on or just generally put in the description of the ammo types which weapon takes which. The old ammo system was good, but I'd rather have a newer system with multiple ammo types.

I did like the pistol, sniper, shotgun and rifle ammo idea, but I'd personally think that more ammo types would create a better feel than before. The old system was good, but when you think of it from the server stand point, more ammunition types would give a larger variety. This can be thought to be more confusing than it actually sounds, you would just have to remember say '5.56' for rifle etc. Not an overload of ammo types just a variety. Even if there are a lot more ammo types, you will have to except the fact that you have to remember something in a game.

Another point Faustie - I do like that idea of yours, it is looking like not too many different ammunition is being added, which is a great idea. I also like the whole idea of '5.56' being for certain 'upper' rifles such as the AK etc. I do like your idea, the ammo types seem also fair and reasonable which means the weapon system will be at a good stand point. Great Work!
It's not his idea. It's my idea...

Ontopic.
It was written in the weapon description, which ammo it used.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 1 user Likes Doctor Internet's post:
  • RK-Fin
(06-11-2015, 07:01 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(06-11-2015, 06:37 AM)Sir Bradley Wrote: If people get confused by all of the different ammo types, either make some form of a guide with all ammo types on or just generally put in the description of the ammo types which weapon takes which. The old ammo system was good, but I'd rather have a newer system with multiple ammo types.
It's not his idea. It's my idea...

Ontopic.
It was written in the weapon description, which ammo it used.
I apologize for the confusion about the post. I do thank you for creating the document also.
Ex-Server Teacher