Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ammo changes
Who even requested this?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 3 users Like equal's post:
  • Nevy, RK-Fin, Dauntless
Put it through at 4am, sorry about the bugs there; forgot to change a couple of strings.

I tried to combine both the realism and the changes many people were requesting, by writing some of the calibres and so on in the description. Got a couple of Americans to help, seeing as I don't really know a huge deal about guns.

As for who requested it: multiple people. Unfortunately, it seems that most people who were against this change didn't bother to post any positive feedback regarding the ammo system of a few days ago, so all we saw was a lot of negative feedback. There were 65 votes putting the ammo system at 'less than average', and only 50 at above average; the vast majority of vote spread of those was also in the lower categories, and nearly all of the comments received both on that survey and through other sources (steam etc.) were saying that the ammo system was two complicated. There were also suggestions along these lines.

The old ammo system is still in for a while (until Temar runs refund scripts), so this update can be reverted with relative ease. However, I'm not going to play the back-and-forth game where people don't bother to place their vote and then complain when things were changed. Judging by the likes in this thread, the ammo system of a few days was actually the more popular option; why did you not vote when given the chance, or raise your voice in objection to the many ammo complaints? We're trying to listen more to the community, but we can't hear what is unsaid.

I'm adding a vote on this thread to get some extra feedback on which system is preferred, and I'll change it to whatever the majority is. If you don't vote of course your voice isn't going to be heard.
I like how you asked help about guns and ammo specifically from americans, 'MURICA, FUCK YEAH
Il say it; I were one of those who thought all of those ammo types were a bit over the top, but I see now that the old-new system is better than the current one.

I dont prefer the new system because of its names; "5 Cases of battle rifle ammo". I feel it lost a tad of its realism.
So yeah, I was wrong, sorry.
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
The following 2 users Like Voluptious's post:
  • RK-Fin, Suarez
Guess this is better, I liked the whole aspect of the previous system. But it was too complex for me.
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy
Keep it, the ammo doesn't matter in terms of realism. Keep it please.

+Support
Complicated?
I'm sorry you cannot take 5 seconds to go to market, go to the weapons and look at the ammo that a weapon needs, its not fucking hard jesus christ.
Put the system back with 5.56x45mm or whatever it is, it feels stupid going "yeah I can get battle rifle ammo?" when it sounds much better going "Can I get some 5.56x45mm and then etc"

tl;dr people are lazy asses and can't be bothered to check the description of weapons for the ammo type.

and before you shit bricks on me for going "you have to check it all the time!!"
yeah there's a thing called remembering stuff, it works in revision for the majority of the time, more time your exposed to it/doing it(selling this ammo type) more times you get to know it more.
The following 2 users Like alexxx's post:
  • RK-Fin, Nevy
I strongly dislike the ammunition update.

I would prefer reverting it back to the realistic ammo types and not the dumbed down versions just so people stop complaining that it's too complicated. People just whine because they have to set more binds to equip different types of ammo or because they don't want to spend the money to buy different ammunitions for the variety of guns they wish to use. No more 'rifle ammo' being universally used by rifles and 'smg' ammo being universally used by smgs. This isn't kindergarten and if people can't bother to learn the ammo types then they shouldn't bother to buy a gun in-game.
The following 6 users Like Nevy's post:
  • RK-Fin, Mustang, Smex, Falcon, Old Man Jokhah, Bradley
Aye, the update kinda messed my inventory up, and didn't allow me to use my revolver or my AK-74.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
Honestly, I do agree on the point of adding the old ammo thing you had back. It is was more realistic and doesn't seem to take any longer or waste time to use or even buy ammunition. If the descriptions stated what the ammo was for or even you used your brain and remembered which ammo goes into which gun, we wouldn't have any problems. If you want it to be realistic, then the ammo path that was taken before seems to be the right step.

Another point is that if everybody is okay with 30 different guns and not okay with a larger amount of ammo and cannot determine which goes there, then I don't understand what you have been learnt all these years by your teachers. In my opinion, I thought that the 5.56 stuff was a good idea and it actually made sense for that ammo to be there.

Note: This is just an opinion of mine, please don't cry/sulk/complain from an opinion.
Ex-Server Teacher
The following 3 users Like Bradley's post:
  • RK-Fin, Nevy, alexxx