Removal of Carmodaccess
(05-31-2015, 11:46 PM)ryan! Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 05:49 PM)Mavis Dracula Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 03:05 PM)DVN Wrote: I really support this until we find an appropriate, working and manageable mechanic job. Until then it's not like we're going to lose out, keep your pants on jeez.

Would already be here if things not happened... xD

COOL.

liKE MY FACE
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
What kind of abuse is taking place with the /carmodaccess?
I mean, if it's mainly that people go around and color other people's cars to minge around, maybe granting each car owner a /carmodaccess <name> command would help.
By that, I mean that their cars are protected from being modded until they give the mechanic access to modify it.
Not sure if it could be done (easily) and if that's the only point of abuse, just throwing a suggestion out there.
Also, maybe adding a timer to the existing command, for example 1 hour, or like with the ban system being able to manually enter a time in which the user is allowed to modify cars.
After that, the access would be gone and new approval would need to be requested.
Salinsky.
The following 1 user Likes Sjloefrens's post:
  • Nuka
We're trying our best not to shove new commands down player's throats every week. Having to type a command for every little thing makes everything complicated and kills the fun. 

Right now, we're working on a way for have access to modify their vehicles. It's possible a mechanic job will be in the near future as it was announced in a suggestion thread the job was in the works, how ever if this is actually what is going to happen, I'm not sure. 

Not to worry, this removal (As already said) is temporary. 

For the few who have decided that taking jabs at the staff because we simply don't like giving out access, you're absolutely right in a sense. However, we have a process on how we need to go about giving out accesses like this. We need to grant it while the players are using it, make sure they're not doing anything inappropriate with it and be able to take the access away once they're done with their mechanic RP. This isn't a 20 second job. I'm sure you've all called an admin at some point and no one can respond at that moment to help out, this is a pretty big factor; Having to sit and watch someone who car mod access so they don't go around and ruin it for everyone further. 

Sorry about the lose of access for now, but please understand that we do this for the best of the community. 
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 1 user Likes SirCrow's post:
  • Benporium
No offense, but I hardly think that giving players a command to allow access to mod their car is "shoving commands down their throats", as the only time they'd have to actually use it, is when they want their cars modded.

If you're aiming more at the "/carmodaccess <name> <time>", I don't see your point at all. Considering it's just a small addition to an already existing command, merely limiting the time it'll be active for.

And yes, I've experienced staff not responding to @ calls due to them being busy. Other times because they were generally just messing about.
I don't mind that, I've got recording software for rulebreakers and most other things I'd call admins for (permissions etc) can often wait a little.

Your statement in which you claim you'd have to type a command for every little thing is a bit rough around the edges.
More commands allow for more options and choices. You're not obligated to use them, anyway.