Removal of Carmodaccess
(05-30-2015, 11:22 AM)Diggy Wrote:
(05-30-2015, 11:15 AM)Marty Wrote: Well, there car mod access gone. Because no one will bother their arse to attempt to create a new way to do it. Why not punish rule breakers instead of removing stuff from the game, you know like, the way Admun are supposed to punish rule breakers.

This is some bullshit.

Quote:temporary removal of the /carmodaccess command until
we find a better means of distributing the access or by implementing some other automatic
function to edit vehicles.

Please do not turn this thread into some new flame war or it will be closed, we are already in the process
of planning a different way for players to edit vehicles. And this thread is certainly not for flaming.

My opinion was posted. I did not flame anyone at all in this thread.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Or because admins can't be asked to hand it out to players and instead just ignore there @ calls/pm's about it until they get annoyed and tell them in OOC that they ain't getting it? Yeah sounds about right.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Nuka
"The distribution method was inefficient"

We're not asking the admins to devote half an hour of investigating our roleplay when we @ call, it takes less than 30 seconds to TP to us and approve it and TP back. Unfortunately having to do that is a pain in the ass! A better method would be to allow teachers to do it as well, as they're more enthusiastic about their duties generally XD
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
(05-30-2015, 11:40 AM)Falcao Wrote: Or because admins can't be asked to hand it out to players and instead just ignore there @ calls/pm's about it until they get annoyed and tell them in OOC that they ain't getting it? Yeah sounds about right.

Maybe because there are calls that take priority over someone who wants to colour something. @ calls come through almost like spam so do you think we can spare to time give someone access like that and monitor them? The answer is no.

The alternative to car mod access is to have the mechanic job which I will bring up in our staff forum.
(05-30-2015, 01:04 PM)Nuka Wrote: "The distribution method was inefficient"

We're not asking the admins to devote half an hour of investigating our roleplay when we @ call, it takes less than 30 seconds to TP to us and approve it and TP back. Unfortunately having to do that is a pain in the ass! A better method would be to allow teachers to do it as well, as they're more enthusiastic about their duties generally XD

Although I see your point, I still don't feel this is the preferred option.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The OP makes points about abuse of the tool. Won't the mechanic job just make this easier for abuse anyway?
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
(05-30-2015, 03:05 PM)Nuka Wrote: The OP makes points about abuse of the tool. Won't the mechanic job just make this easier for abuse anyway?

It can be modified.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 1 user Likes Nacreas's post:
  • Nuka
I for one think the temporary removal of the /carmodaccess is a great thing. It gets abused. I recently saw someone going around changing every car to pink after they had finished with their mechanic RP.
The following 2 users Like Hitman's post:
  • General Rickets, Benporium
I really support this until we find an appropriate, working and manageable mechanic job. Until then it's not like we're going to lose out, keep your pants on jeez.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Nacreas, Suarez, Benporium
(05-31-2015, 03:05 PM)DVN Wrote: I really support this until we find an appropriate, working and manageable mechanic job. Until then it's not like we're going to lose out, keep your pants on jeez.

Would already be here if things not happened... xD
The following 6 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Matrix_, , Tomo, Nuka, equal, livkx
(05-31-2015, 05:49 PM)Mavis Dracula Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 03:05 PM)DVN Wrote: I really support this until we find an appropriate, working and manageable mechanic job. Until then it's not like we're going to lose out, keep your pants on jeez.

Would already be here if things not happened... xD

COOL.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 16 users Like ryan!'s post:
  • Fultz, James_Gaff, Faustie, Venom, Preditor, Benporium, Enzyme, Decay, Nihl, Brynn, Nacreas, Voluptious, Nevy, SirCrow, Pinky, Zecon