Rules overhaul (IMPORTANT)
Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed Walkways and sniper/guard towers are allowed

ty
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 1 user Likes ryan!'s post:
  • already_fallen
(05-24-2015, 02:30 AM)Verzyn Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 01:30 AM)Rolorox Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 01:24 AM)Floodify Wrote: I am disgusted by you allowing racism and racism. Absolutely and utterly tasteless and is a spit in the face of equality between genders and people. Thought FL was actually somewhat mature, but this is by far the most retarded move I have seen. Viva las la twelve year olds running around yelling n-word, claiming they can say it because they're black.
I believe people will roleplay properly with this freedom. It will be monitored. I am not going to let players to just go around yelling ***, if they do not have a proper reason to use it, 
Please give me an example of when there is a "proper" reason to use racist language and since when did admins tell people to "shut up"? 
The first part "Roleplay" and since people say racist and derogatory language like that in real life, it would make sense for that language to be acceptable from an In-Character perspective, since it's directed to a character in a game. The second part seems more like it was said in sarcasm anyway, so I don't see why anything needs to be made of it.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 2 users Like Toxic's post:
  • Suarez, Benporium
Hitman RP here I cum
(05-24-2015, 06:40 AM)Emil2205 Wrote: Question about 6.9:
What if the camera has a rope or something attaching it to the wall?

I'm just going to answer as this is pretty obvious. As long as you have something that can support the weight of the camera in a realistic way, it's fine.
(05-23-2015, 09:47 PM)Faustie Wrote: 11.7 President’s may only become a dictator with admin approval.

[Image: I%27m_outta_here!.gif]
The following 8 users Like FEaRIeZz's post:
  • Emil, Voluptious, Tomo, Zecon, already_fallen, livkx, Feffe, HellShell
(05-24-2015, 01:24 AM)Floodify Wrote: I am disgusted by you allowing racism and racism. Absolutely and utterly tasteless and is a spit in the face of equality between genders and people. Thought FL was actually somewhat mature, but this is by far the most retarded move I have seen. Viva las la twelve year olds running around yelling n-word, claiming they can say it because they're black.

what? shut up lol It would be more immature to not allow it because we are scared of this. What you are saying makes no sense. I believe people will roleplay properly with this freedom. It will be monitored. I am not going to let players to just go around yelling ***, if they do not have a proper reason to use it, they will get punished. Its quite simple, the immaturity comes from you thinking people can't handle it. You believe what you will, but I think this is great.

Also great example of showing your advocacy of equality by calling us retarded for doing this, oh yeah, you really know how to be all encompassing a man of the people. Think before you speak mate.

Scared of racism and sexism? No dude, I hate it and I especially hate people who tries to enforce it. You CANNOT decide when it is okay to use racism or sexism, as you are completely biased on the matter. Your personal preferences and your political ideas will get directly influenced when you decide on whether or not it is proper use of racist and sexist words and phrases. I cannot handle people under mining other people based on their gender or their origin and ethnicity, no I can't. Calling me immature because of that? Wait, so I'm immature for being against something that's hurting this society? If I'm not wrong, a rather big part of the community is against Islam or/and religion in general (not saying everyone is against racism, but basing on the religion threads) - which is something that's hurting the society (take a look at the history). YET, religion is good in some aspects of life and racism and sexism is never. So calling me an immature because of that? Calling me an immature for being against something? Okay..

You are retards for allowing this, especially people as you, Rolorox. I do not care if you were to warn me or anything you want - go on, act like the big guy. But fact is that you are directly encouraging the use of racism and sexism, whilst you know that it will support bullying and under-minig. Murder or torture will not, because a very big fuckin chunk of this community will never endure such a thing - but racism and sexism they may very well be.

(05-24-2015, 01:47 AM)Nevy Wrote:

Equality between genders and people in exchange for freedom of speech and opinion? This is a role-play server and whether you like it or not, racism and discrimination is largely present in modern day society, no matter where you live. Funny how you claim that it was immature to allow these things, yet it is far from that. We are giving our community the option to use whatever language they wish, so long as it is In-Character.

People had been getting overly butt-hurt and need to get over acting all high and mighty as if they were offended by these words on a computer game. People don't know what your skin color is, your age, your ethnicity nor your sexuality. Every instance someone discriminated someone IC'ly, you'd see them instantly post a Player Report in order to get them off the server(s). For the most part, they did this not because they were offended but because it was an easy excuse to have that player banned. 

We are making a push to make this server more focused around role-play and less about administrative intervention. People should be able to develop their character however they wish, whether they are going to be sexist/racist/homophobic. In the end, their IC actions are going to end up having IC consequences. It can be expected that the President will place a ban on these forms of harassment and thus the use of this language or any actions that demonstrate these feelings (Anti-Race Movements, Hate Speech) can lead to a person being arrested or the victim of the verbal harassment forming a lawsuit against the individual(s). 

The times of being politically correct need to move aside and allow our RP'ers to be granted priviledges that were once met with the striking end of a Ban Hammer.

Yes, Racism and Sexism is a big part of this society - should we acknowledge the fact that such disgusting things do exist in this world? Yes. Should we try to make it even more existing by allowing it?  No. Don't use "itz err realistic purposes" argument - there is so much faults with CityRP claiming it to be realistic that just that argument won't suffice. Freedom of speech is something that is important of course, but when it comes to sexism and racism - then it is a hate speech rather than a freedom speech. You are influencing the society by this, perhaps in a small part, but you are nevertheless. It's immature to allow this and blame on people that don't tolerate this that we are immature because we can't handle it.

Oh and if you are advocating for freedom of speech, tell your little buddy above you (rolorox) that he should fuck off and stop tell me to shut up, because it's freedom of speech Smile

(05-24-2015, 01:38 AM)Faustie Wrote: I'd argue that torture and murder are worse, yet we allow them, too. If people aren't mature enough to handle racism etc. in an entirely make-believe environment, then really we ought to ban everything immoral. I've noticed a lot of hypocrisy among those who argue against allowing roleplayed racism between this thread and another which regards a Muslim extremist clan. No names, but hypocrisy likes that does tend to make me take such complaints somewhat less seriously.

If people end up roaming the streets yelling racist terms all day, we'll ban them (as the rule states). If they continue, we can modify or remove the rule. Until then, we're going back to our roots of being a more mature server where we don't censor roleplay.

No, as I said. Tortue and murder RARELY will happen in many of our lives (perhaps war veterans), but racism and sexism will be present in many lives and some might get really hurt. FL is not a mature community? I mean c'mon, just go to the off-topic section or go on the server and you'll notice.

Oh and, the muslims is not a fuckin race, thus being against it is not racist. Making prejudgement on ARABIC people (often people refer them as muslims)
is racism, but going against Islam or Muslims (people who follows islam) is not racist, because it's a religion. You can't say that you are all of the sudden a different race (god I hate that word) just because you follow a certain god. That's.. uhm.. wrong.

(05-24-2015, 03:46 AM)Rolorox Wrote:
I believe people will roleplay properly with this freedom. It will be monitored. I am not going to let players to just go around yelling ***, if they do not have a proper reason to use it, 
Please give me an example of when there is a "proper" reason to use racist language and since when did admins tell people to "shut up"? 
Since when did I get burned at the stake for saying "lol, shut up" to a ridiculous comment? It's is downright patronizing what he is saying as well as yourself. You know very well what is being said and what is meant. You guys attempt to cause problems in any situation you can. There is a difference between constructive criticism and arrogance . But to be honest you guys are displaying more so ignorance and its pointless, I will not let people walk all over this community and treat it like shit just because they have their own issues. Go to reddit or tumblr if you want to shove hypocritical beliefs down peoples throats. This is a roleplay server and players should be allowed the freedom to roleplay what they would like, we have no issue with monitoring the amount of racism and the extent it is taken. Context is everything. The point is you know the obvious answer, you just want to cause problems. Its getting quite old to be honest.

Yeah, you know the best rolorox. Why are you free to say whatever the fuck you want, yet I am not? I am to be called arrogant because I advocate for a world without sexism and racism? It's classic suppressor attitude when you are trying to undermine verzyn and myself as people that are causing problems because we are against such an act of going against humans rights.

And if you  are saying that people might as well be allowed to freedom of roleplay, then you might just allow rape RP then, because it can open up movements against it and it's actually censoring roleplay - and foremost it's limiting the freedom of roleplay, that you oh so dearly advocates for. As fucke'd up as allowing racism and sexism, yup.

And stop acting like such a know-it-all. You don't know what we think or if we even got problems.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 5 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Jan, aviator, livkx, Feffe, Verzyn
Great changes to the rules, except that permission of racism and sexism. Don't like it at all.

Some people here have a point arguing against this and while prevalent in society shouldn't we all be aiming to progress society and say, hang on a minute, this is wrong we shouldn't be allowing this?

There is never a time when being racist is correct. There is never a time when being sexist is permissible. Just turn a blind eye to it because well... it happens in real life.
And don't you dare to say it's freedom of speech... fuck that. At least in Europe, we don't count racism as free speech and I'm quite happy about that.

I urge the team, kindly here to revert this one rule back to its former state where racism, sexism, homophobia and other forms of discrimination were not permitted at all.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Feffe
I don't think racism should be allowed, however the use of words such as "fagg0t, and n!gga" is not racism, or sexism, those words should be allowed IC.
I'm happy with the new rules, I can take CriminalRP to the next level.

Also, hitmanRP... [Image: sneaky-face-gif_176404495.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • already_fallen
Racism in game? Here comes a big group of people doing KKK RP. 10/10 gg.

NLR timer is a bit over the top with 10 minutes but I understand, raids will end after everyone dies rather than all returning cause the odd cop is still hiding behind a car.

Hitman RP sounds good, good way to make a bit of money.
(05-24-2015, 10:04 AM)Floodify Wrote:
what? shut up lol It would be more immature to not allow it because we are scared of this. What you are saying makes no sense. I believe people will roleplay properly with this freedom. It will be monitored. I am not going to let players to just go around yelling ***, if they do not have a proper reason to use it, they will get punished. Its quite simple, the immaturity comes from you thinking people can't handle it. You believe what you will, but I think this is great.
Also great example of showing your advocacy of equality by calling us retarded for doing this, oh yeah, you really know how to be all encompassing a man of the people. Think before you speak mate.
Scared of racism and sexism? No dude, I hate it and I especially hate people who tries to enforce it. You CANNOT decide when it is okay to use racism or sexism, as you are completely biased on the matter. Your personal preferences and your political ideas will get directly influenced when you decide on whether or not it is proper use of racist and sexist words and phrases. I cannot handle people under mining other people based on their gender or their origin and ethnicity, no I can't. Calling me immature because of that? Wait, so I'm immature for being against something that's hurting this society? If I'm not wrong, a rather big part of the community is against Islam or/and religion in general (not saying everyone is against racism, but basing on the religion threads) - which is something that's hurting the society (take a look at the history). YET, religion is good in some aspects of life and racism and sexism is never. So calling me an immature because of that? Calling me an immature for being against something? Okay..
You are retards for allowing this, especially people as you, Rolorox. I do not care if you were to warn me or anything you want - go on, act like the big guy. But fact is that you are directly encouraging the use of racism and sexism, whilst you know that it will support bullying and under-minig. Murder or torture will not, because a very big fuckin chunk of this community will never endure such a thing - but racism and sexism they may very well be.
(05-24-2015, 01:47 AM)Nevy Wrote:
Equality between genders and people in exchange for freedom of speech and opinion? This is a role-play server and whether you like it or not, racism and discrimination is largely present in modern day society, no matter where you live. Funny how you claim that it was immature to allow these things, yet it is far from that. We are giving our community the option to use whatever language they wish, so long as it is In-Character.
People had been getting overly butt-hurt and need to get over acting all high and mighty as if they were offended by these words on a computer game. People don't know what your skin color is, your age, your ethnicity nor your sexuality. Every instance someone discriminated someone IC'ly, you'd see them instantly post a Player Report in order to get them off the server(s). For the most part, they did this not because they were offended but because it was an easy excuse to have that player banned. 
We are making a push to make this server more focused around role-play and less about administrative intervention. People should be able to develop their character however they wish, whether they are going to be sexist/racist/homophobic. In the end, their IC actions are going to end up having IC consequences. It can be expected that the President will place a ban on these forms of harassment and thus the use of this language or any actions that demonstrate these feelings (Anti-Race Movements, Hate Speech) can lead to a person being arrested or the victim of the verbal harassment forming a lawsuit against the individual(s). 
The times of being politically correct need to move aside and allow our RP'ers to be granted priviledges that were once met with the striking end of a Ban Hammer.
Yes, Racism and Sexism is a big part of this society - should we acknowledge the fact that such disgusting things do exist in this world? Yes. Should we try to make it even more existing by allowing it?  No. Don't use "itz err realistic purposes" argument - there is so much faults with CityRP claiming it to be realistic that just that argument won't suffice. Freedom of speech is something that is important of course, but when it comes to sexism and racism - then it is a hate speech rather than a freedom speech. You are influencing the society by this, perhaps in a small part, but you are nevertheless. It's immature to allow this and blame on people that don't tolerate this that we are immature because we can't handle it.

Oh and if you are advocating for freedom of speech, tell your little buddy above you (rolorox) that he should *** off and stop tell me to shut up, because it's freedom of speech Smile

(05-24-2015, 01:38 AM)Faustie Wrote: I'd argue that torture and murder are worse, yet we allow them, too. If people aren't mature enough to handle racism etc. in an entirely make-believe environment, then really we ought to ban everything immoral. I've noticed a lot of hypocrisy among those who argue against allowing roleplayed racism between this thread and another which regards a Muslim extremist clan. No names, but hypocrisy likes that does tend to make me take such complaints somewhat less seriously.

If people end up roaming the streets yelling racist terms all day, we'll ban them (as the rule states). If they continue, we can modify or remove the rule. Until then, we're going back to our roots of being a more mature server where we don't censor roleplay.

No, as I said. Tortue and murder RARELY will happen in many of our lives (perhaps war veterans), but racism and sexism will be present in many lives and some might get really hurt. FL is not a mature community? I mean c'mon, just go to the off-topic section or go on the server and you'll notice.

Oh and, the muslims is not a fuckin race, thus being against it is not racist. Making prejudgement on ARABIC people (often people refer them as muslims)
is racism, but going against Islam or Muslims (people who follows islam) is not racist, because it's a religion. You can't say that you are all of the sudden a different race (god I hate that word) just because you follow a certain god. That's.. uhm.. wrong.

(05-24-2015, 03:46 AM)Rolorox Wrote:
Since when did I get burned at the stake for saying "lol, shut up" to a ridiculous comment? It's is downright patronizing what he is saying as well as yourself. You know very well what is being said and what is meant. You guys attempt to cause problems in any situation you can. There is a difference between constructive criticism and arrogance . But to be honest you guys are displaying more so ignorance and its pointless, I will not let people walk all over this community and treat it like shit just because they have their own issues. Go to reddit or tumblr if you want to shove hypocritical beliefs down peoples throats. This is a roleplay server and players should be allowed the freedom to roleplay what they would like, we have no issue with monitoring the amount of racism and the extent it is taken. Context is everything. The point is you know the obvious answer, you just want to cause problems. Its getting quite old to be honest.

Yeah, you know the best rolorox. Why are you free to say whatever the *** you want, yet I am not? I am to be called arrogant because I advocate for a world without sexism and racism? It's classic suppressor attitude when you are trying to undermine verzyn and myself as people that are causing problems because we are against such an act of going against humans rights.

And if you  are saying that people might as well be allowed to freedom of roleplay, then you might just allow rape RP then, because it can open up movements against it and it's actually censoring roleplay - and foremost it's limiting the freedom of roleplay, that you oh so dearly advocates for. As fucke'd up as allowing racism and sexism, yup.

And stop acting like such a know-it-all. You don't know what we think or if we even got problems.

See you still don't understand. This is your real ignorance. You are accusing us of advocating racism, sexism etc. What we are doing is allowing peoples right to freedom of speech and the ability to to what they would like through roleplay. If you had any knowledge at all of who I am or took a moment to stop being angry and ask, you would know that I have made strong opinions against Aggressive roleplay, sexism, racism and all forms of borderline offensive roleplay. I hate terrorism roleplay, anyone that does it has an issue in my mind because why in the world would you want to pretend to be such a horrible thing? Same with racism and sexism, I would never roleplay it. People that want to mostly either hold those ideologies already or just want to act tough here because they can't in the real world.

Stop acting like you are the fucking victim all the time, you are allowed to say whatever you want as am I. But I am allowed to call what you are saying bull shit, and you can call mine as well the same. Won't make either of us more right than the other. But in my opinion you are making foolish arguments all based on what if. If you have no faith in this system and no faith in the staff controlling it and you are always having problems with the server then why play here? I am not telling you to leave but you are acting like you are holding this big sign saying "you guys better give me what I want, and make sure I am pleased or else I am gone". Everyone has concerns with this but they understand the value in allowing the freedom.

I am bias? Clearly the bias is on your end mate. You don't even want to give it a chance. Unlike you I think the community can handle it. But again you believe what you want. It won't change what is right to do and is fair.

EDIT: Also if you are going to have a sound discussion stop using arguments like "Oh warn me if you want, you can be the big guy". Because you are trying to put me in some bad light. I am not bias, nor do try to act tough with my admin powers. The second you realize I am talking to you on the same level is when maybe you stop trying to spin everything into an anti-staff message.
The following 1 user Likes Rolorox's post:
  • Benporium