Rules overhaul (IMPORTANT)
I am disgusted by you allowing racism and racism. Absolutely and utterly tasteless and is a spit in the face of equality between genders and people. Thought FL was actually somewhat mature, but this is by far the most retarded move I have seen. Viva las la twelve year olds running around yelling n-word, claiming they can say it because they're black.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 9 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Marty, livkx, Verzyn, , MacTavish, aviator, Wood, xPrike, Feffe
(05-24-2015, 01:24 AM)Floodify Wrote: I am disgusted by you allowing racism and racism. Absolutely and utterly tasteless and is a spit in the face of equality between genders and people. Thought FL was actually somewhat mature, but this is by far the most retarded move I have seen. Viva las la twelve year olds running around yelling n-word, claiming they can say it because they're black.

what? shut up lol It would be more immature to not allow it because we are scared of this. What you are saying makes no sense. I believe people will roleplay properly with this freedom. It will be monitored. I am not going to let players to just go around yelling ***, if they do not have a proper reason to use it, they will get punished. Its quite simple, the immaturity comes from you thinking people can't handle it. You believe what you will, but I think this is great.

Also great example of showing your advocacy of equality by calling us retarded for doing this, oh yeah, you really know how to be all encompassing a man of the people. Think before you speak mate.
The following 5 users Like Rolorox's post:
  • Nyander, Benporium, Rain, MacTavish, jimmyboyo
I'd argue that torture and murder are worse, yet we allow them, too. If people aren't mature enough to handle racism etc. in an entirely make-believe environment, then really we ought to ban everything immoral. I've noticed a lot of hypocrisy among those who argue against allowing roleplayed racism between this thread and another which regards a Muslim extremist clan. No names, but hypocrisy likes that does tend to make me take such complaints somewhat less seriously.

If people end up roaming the streets yelling racist terms all day, we'll ban them (as the rule states). If they continue, we can modify or remove the rule. Until then, we're going back to our roots of being a more mature server where we don't censor roleplay.
The following 3 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Benporium, GeorgeTheBoy, MacTavish
(05-24-2015, 01:24 AM)Floodify Wrote: I am disgusted by you allowing racism and racism. Absolutely and utterly tasteless and is a spit in the face of equality between genders and people. Thought FL was actually somewhat mature, but this is by far the most retarded move I have seen. Viva las la twelve year olds running around yelling n-word, claiming they can say it because they're black.

Equality between genders and people in exchange for freedom of speech and opinion? This is a role-play server and whether you like it or not, racism and discrimination is largely present in modern day society, no matter where you live. Funny how you claim that it was immature to allow these things, yet it is far from that. We are giving our community the option to use whatever language they wish, so long as it is In-Character.

People had been getting overly butt-hurt and need to get over acting all high and mighty as if they were offended by these words on a computer game. People don't know what your skin color is, your age, your ethnicity nor your sexuality. Every instance someone discriminated someone IC'ly, you'd see them instantly post a Player Report in order to get them off the server(s). For the most part, they did this not because they were offended but because it was an easy excuse to have that player banned. 

We are making a push to make this server more focused around role-play and less about administrative intervention. People should be able to develop their character however they wish, whether they are going to be sexist/racist/homophobic. In the end, their IC actions are going to end up having IC consequences. It can be expected that the President will place a ban on these forms of harassment and thus the use of this language or any actions that demonstrate these feelings (Anti-Race Movements, Hate Speech) can lead to a person being arrested or the victim of the verbal harassment forming a lawsuit against the individual(s). 

The times of being politically correct need to move aside and allow our RP'ers to be granted priviledges that were once met with the striking end of a Ban Hammer.
The following 8 users Like Nevy's post:
  • Faustie, Enzyme, Benporium, Mustang, GeorgeTheBoy, MacTavish, :-), jimmyboyo
(05-24-2015, 01:30 AM)Rolorox Wrote:

I believe people will roleplay properly with this freedom. It will be monitored. I am not going to let players to just go around yelling ***, if they do not have a proper reason to use it, 

Please give me an example of when there is a "proper" reason to use racist language and since when did admins tell people to "shut up"? 
The following 4 users Like Verzyn's post:
  • ryan!, aviator, Feffe, Baskingner
(05-24-2015, 02:30 AM)Verzyn Wrote:

I believe people will roleplay properly with this freedom. It will be monitored. I am not going to let players to just go around yelling ***, if they do not have a proper reason to use it, 

Please give me an example of when there is a "proper" reason to use racist language and since when did admins tell people to "shut up"? 
Honestly it's not just about a "proper" reason. What we mean by that is that there is a fine line between having a comment, and straight out fail RP. For example if you have some racist redneck in the back-woods of some place, and then you have some one who just joined the server, and runs around mic spamming f*ck n!ggers!. 

I do think that in order for our players to have the best roleplay experience, we shouldn't limit them. It should be about their characters, and who they are. Not who we tell them to be. By instating rules such as banning racism, homophobia, and sexism, we control how they can develop their characters. Of course I'm not saying racism is a good thing, along with homophobia and sexism. Besides, it's only IC, if it gets to be in OOC then they will be dealt with. If people have a problem with getting harassed about something like that, why do they tolerate murder? Where's all the anti-murder activist? People have the right to RP who they want to be.
The following 1 user Likes Preditor's post:
  • Benporium
The only problem I can see will be the people who use it to make sly comments to people about OOC stuff but somehow relate it IC

e.g. knowing something about someone OOC then saying things IC with the intent to get a reaction because you know it will hurt/annoy them. I think if that can be reported and investigated atleast it will be fine.
(05-24-2015, 02:30 AM)Verzyn Wrote:
Since when did I get burned at the stake for saying "lol, shut up" to a ridiculous comment? It's is downright patronizing what he is saying as well as yourself. You know very well what is being said and what is meant. You guys attempt to cause problems in any situation you can. There is a difference between constructive criticism and arrogance . But to be honest you guys are displaying more so ignorance and its pointless, I will not let people walk all over this community and treat it like shit just because they have their own issues. Go to reddit or tumblr if you want to shove hypocritical beliefs down peoples throats. This is a roleplay server and players should be allowed the freedom to roleplay what they would like, we have no issue with monitoring the amount of racism and the extent it is taken. Context is everything. The point is you know the obvious answer, you just want to cause problems. Its getting quite old to be honest.
The following 2 users Like Rolorox's post:
  • Benporium, jimmyboyo
If saying 'n!gga' is considered racist...
Question about 6.9:
What if the camera has a rope or something attaching it to the wall?