Rules overhaul (IMPORTANT)
(05-23-2015, 10:41 PM)Davidson Wrote: Question: How do we define a Dictator. I mean is it just when the job is set as Dictator? Because then it would make much sense since in --Reasons for raid/criminal activity— it's says that you may raid a president that makes restrictive laws.

Example: Couldn't I as a president then just make a law like "Lawl cars a banned", then this is a strongly restrictive law and reason for raid though I havn't changed my job to Dictator thus not needing to get admin approval.

It would be great if someone could define FL's term for Dictator for me. Thanks alot and GREAT job making this, very informative and easy to understand.

Dictators tend to enforce very strict laws which restrict the freedom of those living in and around the city. Banning rebels/Corleones for little violence by either group, banning vehicle usage, weapon ownership etc. are all thing that restrict the citizens. Dictators also tend to hand out harsher punishments to those who break the law.

You can usually tell when the president becomes a dictator.
The following 2 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Davidson, Benporium
nrl on crashes,cdms ect should stay 5mins
The following 1 user Likes Project's post:
  • MacTavish
Pleased to see these new rules.

They are a lot more understandable for new players now, for example the section on FearRP explains it well.

Dictatorships requiring admin approval also seems to be a step in the right direction.

Cheese
So hitman rp is now allowed? Expect some hitman rp tommorow from me Tounge
Tis' a great day for FL. Really glad that we got good rules that we agree with. It hasn't felt too right when enforcing rules that I've personally not agreed with.

If anyone have any questions regarding the rule then feel free to ask in this thread or a staff-member ingame. We're here to help.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • Jinkees!
Thumbs Up 
Quote: "...my favourite of which is probably how we've allowed much greater freedom in roleplay.."

I'm not sure what was the biggest problem:
The needlessly heavy restrictions on roleplay, forcing players to a strict set of guidelines that made every encounter of the same nature almost identical.
OR
The senile nature of staff who very, very heavily enforced a lack of variation of roleplay, especially that of the criminal underworld type.

Now that I've had my little prod at the staff, I have to stubbornly admit that this is a very good job by the staff team. Besides from the obvious, massive benefits this has to people who like to dot their RPs with little details (that might not strictly have followed the old rules), re-adjusting of the staff's "ban focus" and adding more possibilities to the table?
This actually gives me some hope that the staff team do care about players having a fun, immersing experience for all the players. Lest forgetting a unique one almost every time as well. It's genuinely fantastic, and I hope the staff-team are ready for the work that will be undoubtedly cut out for them managing and adjusting to this overhaul.

Good job, guys. This is a step in the positive direction.
Wow. Finally! NLR Timer seems long, but meh, everything else seems a lot more explained and would be easier to understand!
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
Yay! Really happy to see that the rules are much clearer now.
RIP TheoCity.

*Salutes*
The following 1 user Likes Theomenz's post:
  • Tmdirtbike
Yes to most. Ten minutes NLR. MEEH see how it goes.
However one change I would like to see is a COMPLETE BAN ON RACISM / sexism / homophobia/ anything like that at all. Regardless of in character or not. Completely banned, no ifs, no buts, nada.
This rule v
[Image: ic4pj6r.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Wood