Rules overhaul (IMPORTANT)
I'm seriously questioning whether some of the staff messaging here (not all) actually know what they're saying. It's fucking disgusting.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • livkx
I've just read through the comments. Wow.

Scared of it. Yes I am scared of racism and social exclusion. May I point to you exactly what has happened in the past with mild racism and how it transpires. Hitler only started out as a mild racist. So did groups such as EDL etc.

Fucking disgusting.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • livkx
> Comparing Hitler with us allowing for more mature language ingame ICly.

You what?
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 2 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Preditor, jimmyboyo
I'll use whatever comparison I feel necessary to show the extent of how racism can affect people.

I don't give a shit what anyone else says in this thread.

By tolerating racism you may as well call yourself racist.

Absolutely scumy behaviour in my opinion.
Also the staff here and other people advocating racism and sexism are saying freedom of speech. NO not fucing freedom of speech. Being free to offend someone is out of the question. It is downright ridiculous.

I tell you what.

I am going to post this in the suggestion page and put up a poll. It's then up to you lot to listen to the community.

Racism/sexism and social inclusion has no place in this society. Or in this community.
The new rules will take some time to get adjusted to, and for people to find the appropriate limit as to how far racism and discrimination should go. We're doing our best to guide players and explain to them where the limit goes. People are currently experimenting with the new rules and how far they can go.

You guys are taking this way too serious. The staff is not going to allow excessive racism or discrimination and we're going to enforce that whoever is using such language is actually using it with their roleplay in a realistic sense and not just for trolling and being an annoying brat. You guys need to give us some time to educate the players on what is okay and not before you guys start to compare us with Hitler (Marty).

I'll try to make it as clear as possible:

- We've allowed racial and discriminating language IN CHARACTER and only IN CHARACTER IF they don't use this excessively and IF it fits in with the role-play that they're currently doing.  

If you guys don't like the new rules then try to help the players understand the RIGHT WAY of using these rules to benefit a given roleplay instead of just trying to be as racist and discriminating as possible because you don't like the rules. Show people how to use this rule to benefit their RP instead of abusing the rules just to be offensive and mean.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • already_fallen
Okay, lets get rid of racism, and everything that offends people. As in murder, kidnapping, oh and also driving! Maybe the rest of bad language to! We can change the name from city rp to daycare rp. No I'm not racist or any of that. Neither is the rest of the staff.
The following 2 users Like Preditor's post:
  • already_fallen, jimmyboyo
(05-24-2015, 03:26 PM)Enzyme Wrote: The new rules will take some time to get adjusted to, and for people to find the appropriate limit as to how far racism and discrimination should go. We're doing our best to guide players and explain to them where the limit goes. People are currently experimenting with the new rules and how far they can go.

You guys are taking this way too serious. The staff is not going to allow excessive racism or discrimination and we're going to enforce that whoever is using such language is actually using it with their roleplay in a realistic sense and not just for trolling and being an annoying brat. You guys need to give us some time to educate the players on what is okay and not before you guys start to compare us with Hitler (Marty).

I'll try to make it as clear as possible:

- We've allowed racial and discriminating language IN CHARACTER and only IN CHARACTER IF they don't use this excessively and IF it fits in with the role-play that they're currently doing.  

If you guys don't like the new rules then try to help the players understand the RIGHT WAY of using these rules to benefit a given roleplay instead of just trying to be as racist and discriminating as possible because you don't like the rules. Show people how to use this rule to benefit their RP instead of abusing the rules just to be offensive and mean.
I've said this before, but I feel like every major thread made here lately has descended into a shitshow of epic proportions.

Personally, I think in-character sexism and racism is okay because, after all, it's roleplay - the whole point is that you play a character that is entirely different to yourself. It's fictional. Just because you're roleplaying as a racist, doesn't necessarily mean you are one in real life. That's like telling me that I can't roleplay as an Indian man because I myself am not Indian nor a man. (That second bit is up for debate but that's irrelevant to my point.)

Hatred and violence is a trait inherent in our species. Yes, it's wrong and we'd all be better off without such a trait, but like it or not, it's there and it will be there for centuries to come. Not to mention that CityRP is focused on staying true to real life, so while it's here we might as well let it into the party and just make sure it doesn't break anything.

Anyway, the rules specifically state that you shouldn't overdo it or carry it over to OOC. So there's that. Bottom line is, all y'all whining about wanting in-character hatred removed from the server need to grow up and understand that life is not all peaches and daisies. In other words, stop being such whiny babies.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 9 users Like Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • Enzyme, Preditor, Faustie, already_fallen, Nevy, builderboy123, Nacreas, Safira, livkx
Thanks so much!

I love the new rules!
The following 2 users Like Bowiii's post:
  • Preditor, Suarez