Removal of ban from record
(02-05-2014, 04:17 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: Again, a lot of our users seem to have misconceptions about what FearRP is and when it is applied.

What is FearRP:

FearRP is when your character is threatened with a weapon or a tazer. When threatened by a weapon (meaning the weapon is pointed at you or is reasonably close to cause danger - such as in the same room or near you, where the person can obviously shoot within two seconds), your character is to obey the armed person. That means you can't run off "because I was scared". You obey the armed man to the fullest extent.

FearRP is also when someone else has your friend or teammate hostaged, as you fear for his life. The lives of innocents are also valid reason for FearRP, when it applies to the police and SRU.

When FearRP applies to you and exceptions:

There are no exceptions.

FearRP ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS applies. No matter if the person doing that is doing it in your opinion "randomly", or "he didn't know what he was doing". It always applies. What you can do is call a staff member or post a ban request, if it was random. But even then, you will obey FearRP.

Thank you.

Quote:Anyways, I ran up the ramp to find the SWAT member, who was standing in the corner with his gun holstered (FearRP does not apply.)

Fear RP does apply. Any weapon that can be used against you within a matter of two seconds places you under Fear RP.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
(05-22-2015, 04:49 PM)Nacreas Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 04:17 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: Again, a lot of our users seem to have misconceptions about what FearRP is and when it is applied.

What is FearRP:

FearRP is when your character is threatened with a weapon or a tazer. When threatened by a weapon (meaning the weapon is pointed at you or is reasonably close to cause danger - such as in the same room or near you, where the person can obviously shoot within two seconds), your character is to obey the armed person. That means you can't run off "because I was scared". You obey the armed man to the fullest extent.

FearRP is also when someone else has your friend or teammate hostaged, as you fear for his life. The lives of innocents are also valid reason for FearRP, when it applies to the police and SRU.

There are no exceptions.

FearRP ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS applies. No matter if the person doing that is doing it in your opinion "randomly", or "he didn't know what he was doing". It always applies. What you can do is call a staff member or post a ban request, if it was random. But even then, you will obey FearRP.

Thank you.

Quote:Anyways, I ran up the ramp to find the SWAT member, who was standing in the corner with his gun holstered (FearRP does not apply.)

Fear RP does apply. Any weapon that can be used against you within a matter of two seconds places you under Fear RP.

Oh god, in all my hours I had no idea and always thought it did not apply. May I add that he did not approach me in anyway, he may have talked, but as I said, sound was not on my side. In all honesty, I did not know that FearRP applied when a gun is holstered.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
(05-22-2015, 04:52 PM)TheMJ Wrote:

What is FearRP:

There are no exceptions.

Thank you.

Oh god, in all my hours I had no idea and always thought it did not apply. May I add that he did not approach me in anyway, he may have talked, but as I said, sound was not on my side. In all honesty, I did not know that FearRP applied when a gun is holstered.

Well you learn every day? Eh

OT: well when i arrived he was behind you close up Poiting a gun at you and he sais stop many many times.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:29300898&b=3]
(05-22-2015, 05:01 PM)Pinky Wrote:
(05-22-2015, 04:52 PM)TheMJ Wrote:

What is FearRP:

There are no exceptions.

Thank you.

Well you learn every day? Eh

OT: well when i arrived he was behind you close up Poiting a gun at you and he sais stop many many times.

Yes, you really do.
OT: I understand you, as it says in my UBR. I was getting lag on that day, which might have caused me to slow down, but I can say that I did not know he was telling me to stop and that I did not know he had a gun pointed on me.
Any updates?
No need to bump this. Im waiting for a 3rd staffmember to rewiev it.
Btw this UBR is actaully against the courthouse rules you arent allowrd to post an 2nd ubr
Since the ban was under a week. But we are allowing it since the first one was closed so fast.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:29300898&b=3]
(05-22-2015, 10:35 PM)Pinky Wrote: No need to bump this. Im waiting for a 3rd staffmember to rewiev it.
Btw this UBR is actaully against the courthouse rules you arent allowrd to post an 2nd ubr
Since the ban was under a week. But we are allowing it since the first one was closed so fast.

Understood. Oh, thank you.
Sorry there is something I am failing to see an explanation for the SWAT member you ran past, was he facing you when you ran past him or was his back turned, and he noticed you after you ran past?
Well, half and half. In 33x jails, in the last area leading to the garage is a blind corner, he was at the wall opposite that corner looking at the wall, but one side towards at me. So it was about half and half.
The noticing part, well when I ran past he didn't seem startled but kept on looking at the wall abit, he must have seen me when I ran past him though.