Clan system
For quite a while our clan system has been floundering, for multiple reasons. Dig has started a great job in trying to revitalize things, but he can only do so much with the current system.

As we now have several devs/contributors working on updates, I think it's time we focused a fair amount of effort into fixing our clan system, whether this be with gamemode updates or policy changes. However, we can't progress without the input of the community, which is where you all come in. Where would you like to see the clan system go? Are there any major changes or suggestions you have in mind, or is it simply a matter of easing up on policy, allowing wars and skirmishes to happen more freely and loosening up on the restrictions for official clans?

We tried to add the groups system a while back as a safe haven for totally passive clans, but it doesn't seem to have kicked off well. This might stay or go; we'll see.
The following 3 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Davidson, Cameron, Benporium
I would like new rethinking of the way we do official clans. Currently every official clan has a staff member as founder which is for me fine, however I think it's so selective to have official clans and unofficial clans. For my point of view, the idea of an unofficial clan seems weird to me, because why should anyone decide why should anyone decide what's official when we are talking about IC. S.A.A is just like Weyland-Yutani Corporation depending on the government and who they hire. OOC shouldn't decide the agenda for what is and what's not official as long as they follow the rules of the server.

So what about official clan's own subforum, should every clan then their own subforum? No, they shouldn't. However what we should do instead is letting the size of the clan matters. Let's say that you need 15 active members (I have no idea what the best number is and think it should be to the staff to decide) to get your own subforum. If we appoint a SA to the matters of clans (which I thnk we should) then you as a clan can send a message to this SA saying "Hello we have 15 active members on our clanthread and we would like to apply for our own subforum". Then the clan and the SA decide the time and place were the 15 active members then arrive on the server and if the number is accounted for are on it. (also you're members should have atleast 30 hours, before their membership counts) Then a clan get's their own subforum in the "Big Clans Thread" or whatever you would call it.

Point out any problems with my idea so I might be able to reform them. Smile Constructive feedback is appreciated.
The following 2 users Like Davidson's post:
  • Roachy, Benporium
Just want to input my suggestions here. [Image: latest?cb=20100114084317]
[Image: latest?cb=20100114084318]
The leader(or a higher rank given access from the leader)  can assign which ranks can deposit/withdraw things from the clan bank, this could be weapons for a clan raid, etc.
  • Exactly as before, but with money this time, say a officer of this so called clan needs some money to buy things, he can withdraw the amount of money.(if he has been given permission by a higher rank/leader) 
What I'm trying to say here, is having a clan bank, a collaborative inventory where the leader(or higher ranked people given access by the leader) can choose which ranks can deposit into things, which ranks can withdraw things.
If you really wanted to get into detail you could let them choose which player can do these things, but this may cause people to discriminate against others and others would complain saying they don't have the same rights as this other guy blah blah blah.
Example - Enzyme is on the server and sees there is a dictator, but wait Enzyme is out of money and has no weapons or kevlar, but he is a high ranked person in his clan and he can take things out of his clan bank and use them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Talk to people in your clan with your new earpiece, because why not.
I'm assuming someone is working on government radios and everything right?
If so this feature could be a clan feature as well, they would need to have a earpiece which you can buy from the market, and the fun thing is you don't need to model it either!
(I suppose i'm going to get someone who's going to say "USE TEAMSPEAK" and then I'll go, "but mate thats meta gaming and we cant have that can we?")
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • In game forum discussion thing.
Because you need some things or what ever to get your clan as a official one and therefor you get a subforum to discuss your things in? Why not have a in game forum where members can do things on this forum without having to use a browser or anything, or tab out.
Open the F1 Menu>Clan>Forum>insert your stuff here
All I've thought of for now.
My list of wishes would he quote short in regards to this.
Allow clans to become official with a proper checklist of sorts, so they have something to aim for.
Fully allow the integration of clan-only content.( I made a suggestion on it,allowing clan only cars and skins.) I believe there is a clsn/only skin suggestion which has been approved since.
Remove the rules around clan wars. Having speaken to many of the older players whom,took part in the constant clan wars of late 2011/ early 2012, I feel as though that it a dynamic which I'd missing from the server. Allow people to Base everywhere, allow people to see the actual war. Granted, some innocents may die as collateral occasionally, but it'd 'realistic'. ( people constantly talking about hoe realism is good, so add it to all parts of thr game, not just picking and choosing St realism.)
Honesty, having been in multiple clan wars myself, the extremely restricted nature of it just makes them pointless. Allowing drive-in, kidnappings etc made them exciting, and actually like a war of sorts.
Hosting a war on the event server, is quite frankly shite.

*written on iPhone, so any spelling mistakes are probably due to that.*
A more fitting signature. 
The following 4 users Like Jono's post:
  • Roachy, Benporium, Greed^, James_Gaff
Thank fuck we're finally re-doing this system.

I think official clans are more a thing of staff favouritism of players, rather than the quality of the clan. The entire clan is judged by how 'popular' the founder is.

Davidson pretty much hit the nail on the head.
moar wars
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(05-20-2015, 11:53 AM)Floodify Wrote: moar wars

i'll war u in a minute
(05-20-2015, 11:59 AM)Roachy Wrote:
(05-20-2015, 11:53 AM)Floodify Wrote: moar wars

i'll war u in a minute

pft i brieng back ebc and rek ur rektum
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(05-20-2015, 12:18 PM)Floodify Wrote: