Debate time! Restructure the Leadership of the Community.
Smile 
(05-17-2015, 11:57 PM)Venom Wrote: *cough* super admins *cough*
My understanding was just that SA's where just an overruling body (With the exception of Temar, what I know of atleast), not a decision making body. My argument is a firm decision making body, could improve the community. 
(05-18-2015, 01:21 AM)Nacreas Wrote: The reason we don't have one "head administrator" is to avoid situations where we have a power-hungry madman running the team.
Honestly the team is fine and you guys should have more faith in us as we're constantly discussing ways to improve the gamemode and community. Smile
Nacreas, I think you have misunderstood my intention. I believe you should have more trust and faith in your team, as I have to decide the best Head of the community. Remember the vote that I was talking about, is ONLY available for the staff and I trust you to know eachother well enough to make a good choice.  And just a shoutout to Rolórox as well, I trust the entire staff has it undercontrol I just think that Soulripper's lack of interest in the community is a problem and this idea was a solution to it.
(05-18-2015, 01:30 AM)LivKX Wrote: Lmfao this isn't some darkrp server, we don't need no head admins and 14 co-owners. Works fine as it is. Raptor stated his issue is with soul. A structure change won't change Souls personality.
Pointless.
I'm not sure about the DarkRP reference? As stated we already have SA's and they are doing a good job, ohh well atleast Temar because that's the only one I have seen using his status as SA (to organised the development team). About the Soul's personality, I don't think there is a reason to change his personality due to what I could understand on the issue were just that Soul was just no longer interested, which this idea then counter. 
Lastly: Thank you all for the response and the good tone. I really like that all you staff members took the time to make a comment and give me an insight in how it all functions. Hope we can keep this debate going Smile
We've always discussed viable options when it comes to team-structure. There is no need for a "head administrator".
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
(05-18-2015, 09:56 AM)Nacreas Wrote: We've always discussed viable options when it comes to team-structure. There is no need for a "head administrator".

So you feel there isn't any problems with having a less engaged owner, that it doesn't hinder the effectiveness of the staff team?
If I may point out the old staff team that included Narcotic that some of you may have heard of and experienced what was somewhat harsh and semi-bad. Not going to say how but just putting out there that right now the staff team is at its best, never seen a better set up staff team. If you compare now to 2013 a lot more stuff has gotten done recently to better the servers then in the past.
[Image: ghTXnEx.png]
  • Davidson
I whole heartly agree Fury. Me and Narcotic wasn't the best of pals as well, the only admin who have ever banned me for a rather.. overzealous reason. Let me get this out here. I have NO problem with the staff team, atleast not in the sense of personalities or anything. I just came up with a idea of a structure that I rather liked Smile 2013- and the start of 2014 wasn't the best years for FL which were why I left. However now I'm back because I quite like the new engagement from the staff, so I just wanted to offer an idea and ofc have alittle debate Smile
The staff team has already had long - and sometimes violent - discussions on this topic. The weakest link in any team has always been someone letting too much power go to their head, or going over the wishes of everybody else, creating drama; Narcotic is a prime example. The head admin system wouldn't work.

What we do have is the new SA system, which most of the team are currently happy with. When we made it we were careful to add checks that allowed the team to vote out an SA at any time, and there are 4 SAs, each with a different focus (but they still work together). The number of SAs and vastly increased transparency within the team means that the SAs can watch over each other, and the admins can keep an eye on the SAs just as the SAs keep an eye on the admins; we've already resolved one or two potential issues this way.

A more role-orientated system has also proven beneficial. Temar manages development, and we're updating much more frequently than we used to - he also gladly helps out fresh coders (such as myself) and tutors them a little; Dig is our admin contributor officer, and he's built up the contributor system pretty much from scratch, and we've already seen good results from there. I manage server/hardware/networking issues, working closely with the advice/requests from Soul, the SAs, and the rest of the team; Burnett is a huge help on the networking side, and Venom is great at investigating issues. Enzyme and Fultz are our HR division, and handle most team issues with help from the other SAs. So far, this split has worked pretty well; we also have other admin roles.

Sometimes issues like the other day still crop up, but to avoid drama I'm not going to go into further detail. I've said more than has previously been revealed above, and I'm increasingly looking to get more community feedback on both how our team interacts with you and on what updates we push.
The following 8 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Nyander, Davidson, Fury, Safira, Baskingner, GeorgeTheBoy, Adman, Benporium
(05-18-2015, 10:46 AM)Faustie Wrote: -snip-

After reading this, it puts the staff team into a better perspective for me. I don't think we need change, although it's nice for us regular members to get an insight into what's going on behind the scene. Cheers.
The following 4 users Like DVN's post:
  • MacTavish, Fury, Faustie, Benporium
(05-18-2015, 10:46 AM)Faustie Wrote: -snip-
That's was properly the most useful information I have seen in a long while on the forums, Thanks Faustie. I had no idea about this change in the structure and thank you for telling me.
If I may then come with a point, wouldn't it be nice if we as members could get some info of the staff. Just so information like this had it's own thread that people could then read and learn from. That way members can come with much more constructive feedback since we have a real idea about how it all works out. I'm not saying that you should tells us every little dirty secret or anything, because frankly I don't care about your personal infighting (if there is any). What I would like to see some more transparency in the fearless staff (to members ofc) so we could also have a sense and maybe lend a voice that you havn't heard off. Also I'm not saying that we should have a say in any decisions that's staff related and not what members should help with, however what I'm talking about is firing out a thread like "Hey Community, there has just been a staff meeting and this is the ideas we have. We could use some feedback". That way we as members can also help out and this becomes a much more dynamic and transparent community were voices are heard.
Again thanks Faustie. 

edit: Just saw DVN's post and thumps up. I agree as you can see.
The following 2 users Like Davidson's post:
  • Faustie, Benporium
Davidson - Very valid points, you're absolutely right. We're just starting to do this, which is why I added the updates sub-forum, and you'll see a thread regarding the clan system in the discussion forum; we've been internally discussing the clan system for a while now, but community feedback is vital.
The following 3 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Davidson, Fury, Benporium
(05-18-2015, 11:17 AM)Faustie Wrote: Davidson - Very valid points, you're absolutely right. We're just starting to do this, which is why I added the updates sub-forum, and you'll see a thread regarding the clan system in the discussion forum; we've been internally discussing the clan system for a while now, but community feedback is vital.

Thanks Faustie, I also think it's too bad that we as a community don't know what you're doing due to the fact that you don't get the appreciation you you deserve. Like what you just have done now Faustie puts you into another light from my point of view other than "a good admin that bans minges", there are so much more than just patrolling the server when you're an admin not to say SA apparently. So great work and look forward to seeing your plans for the clan system.
The following 1 user Likes Davidson's post:
  • Benporium