New TeamSpeak IP
(05-17-2015, 06:19 PM)builderboy123 Wrote: I've just finished scrolling through this shit storm of comments and replies and although some were pretty funny, it was also pretty ridiculous.

In my opinion, I think this has been blown way out of proportion, there is no need for countless numbers of people to be (well, what seems to be) at other people's throats.

This. Fucking this.

I've just spoken to Jamster, and we've both agreed on something.

It's a Teamspeak. Get over it. Your IP is at no more risk on this TS, than Raptor's (Private - Not FL's) TS, than it is on the forums, than it is on the server, than it is on any website. Can we all just stop hating each-other over this?

Edit:

(05-17-2015, 06:20 PM)Raptor Wrote: I'll end the stupid argument here, yesterday you closed it because allot of people complained you opened it again today, tomorrow you might close it if we ban you on our servers or threaten us with it. I don't care if you revoke your powers your still the owner of it and you can always close it when you want to just like you did yesterday.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a player and to be really blunt, I don't trust you. Specially after yesterday's childish act.
To be completely honest, I don't trust you. Administrators here have abused their powers before. But I put that issue aside, because (up until this point) your TS was the only option.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 3 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • James_Gaff, Coded Brain, Old Man Jokhah
(05-17-2015, 05:49 PM)Jamster Wrote: -snip-

About the point you brought up about the teachers office channel, with the current Raptor TS the teachers come under the staff channels but as a sub-channel of nacreas' channel.

But as already mentioned, security is the major issue with this TS. It was created by someone outside of the admin team meaning there cannot be a total amount of trust in the server. Important discussions take place within the TS, because it's the easiest way to discuss.

While it's a nice gesture, the TS should really be the responsiblity of the admins/soul.
(05-17-2015, 06:27 PM)evilmat360 Wrote:
the teachers come under the staff channels but as a sub-channel of nacreas' channel.
By that logic, CS:GO is a staff member/group as it's a subroom of Wood's room. Just thought I'd bring that one up.

But anyways, this has been fun but I'm done for now.
(05-17-2015, 06:36 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(05-17-2015, 06:27 PM)evilmat360 Wrote:
the teachers come under the staff channels but as a sub-channel of nacreas' channel.
By that logic, CS:GO is a staff member/group as it's a subroom of Wood's room. Just thought I'd bring that one up.

The CS:GO part in my room is where I drag anyone in when I do MM with mates :p
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(05-17-2015, 05:49 PM)Jamster Wrote: By that logic, CS:GO is a staff member/group as it's a subroom of Wood's room. Just thought I'd bring that one up.

You do need to stop jumping straight to conclusions, all sub-channels of staff channels can be personal/related channels. It just means the TS still needs reorganising and reconstruction.
How can this TS story still be such a problem.
50 slots TS server is really cheap. How can this be so fucked up hard to buy one.
I have the same TS server as I bought for 3 years ago.
Cheap, cheap and cheap.
The community's feedback has been listened to and I've decided that we won't continue with Connbob's Teamspeak. I do however really thank him for offering his server, that is really appreciated.

We will get a TeamSpeak server owned by Fearless as soon as possible and the IP will be announced in another News thread.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 11 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Mustang, James_Gaff, Enzyme, GeorgeTheBoy, Brynn, Benporium, Nacreas, Barkles, Zecon, Blurr, Old Man Jokhah
(05-17-2015, 09:17 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: The community's feedback has been listened to and I've decided that we won't continue with Connbob's Teamspeak. I do however really thank him for offering his server, that is really appreciated.

We will get a TeamSpeak server owned by Fearless as soon as possible and the IP will be announced in another News thread.

[Image: PUfiMK2.gif]
The following 7 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Nyander, Project, James_Gaff, Benporium, Pinky, Blurr, Old Man Jokhah
Brick 
FL's old Teamspeak-Server is back online.

IP: 5.135.141.116:9987
The following 17 users Like Burnett's post:
  • Bowiii, Nacreas, Nyander, Faustie, Pinky, Fury, Nevy, Zecon, Mustang, Brynn, Suarez, James_Gaff, Benporium, Blurr, Enzyme, konsta, Davidson
Great job, Burnett!

I've updated the forums header; the link is now there.