Promotion of Barkles
(04-07-2015, 05:41 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(04-07-2015, 05:17 PM)Enzyme Wrote: [...] Barkles has done a great job as a teacher and we feel that there's no need to limit him to that position anymore.

So that rank is a trial rank to moderator then? Because that is sure what it seems like.

Congratz Barkles, you deserve it for sure.

Being a teacher doesn't increase your chances of becoming a moderator, but it doesn't decrease your chances either.

We promote people to moderator without them being a teacher first Flood.
Being a teacher doesn't mean that you'll become a moderator. 
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
Gratz! You'll do great and you 100% deserved it.
The following 1 user Likes Real Tom's post:
  • Barkles
Congratulations Barf! Cheese
[Image: KyhzLMb.png]
Credits to Rain.

The following 1 user Likes Imperator's post:
  • Barkles
Congratulations Barkles! I am sure you'll do well.
The following 1 user Likes GhostRider's post:
  • Barkles
(04-07-2015, 05:48 PM)Enzyme Wrote:
(04-07-2015, 05:41 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(04-07-2015, 05:17 PM)Enzyme Wrote: [...] Barkles has done a great job as a teacher and we feel that there's no need to limit him to that position anymore.

So that rank is a trial rank to moderator then? Because that is sure what it seems like.

Congratz Barkles, you deserve it for sure.

A teacher doesn't get more chances getting moderator, but it doesn't decrease them either.

We promote people to moderator without them being a teacher first Flood.
Being a teacher doesn't mean that you'll become a moderator. 

Last two promotions to mods were previously Teacher.. wasn't they? There hasn't been any mod promotions since the installation of the teacher program since it got installed. Seems to me that it rather does give you higher chances, as you get the admins to look at you. But perhaps he and Safira was discussed before the teacher program.. which I highly doubt (doesn't take long for a team to decide when yar all happy with the guy).

I just found your word selection in the OP quite interesting and contradicting to what has been said before.

-Over and out.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Nuka,
Congrats Barkles!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander
The following 1 user Likes Tawee's post:
  • Barkles
Congratulations Barkles! Cheese
The following 1 user Likes Nyander's post:
  • Barkles
Congrats Barkles, been a great player and helper since I first met you! Have fun.
The following 1 user Likes Blurr's post:
  • Barkles
Congrats!
Being a teacher is of course going to increase your chances, it may not on paper, but it's like an official way of saying "I can RP extremely well. I can help others. I can be trusted with powers." It's going to insanely increase your chances, to believe this bias does not come into play is foolery.

Well deserved though, barkles!
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor