Issue With Audio
Question 
Hello people of fearless, i'm hoping someone can help with a problem i'm having. Recently my audio stopped working due to audio service not running. I tried to activate it manually and error: 0x800706cc: The endpoint is a duplicate came up. After looking around on Google I was unable to find an answer to the problem. The only solution that was given was to revert my computer back to a previous point and go from there, I tried that and it did not work. I'm completely out of options at this point and would prefer not to wipe my computer and start from scratch, if anyone finds or knows any solution to this it would be greatly appreciated.

I googled the issue and I found a reply from a microsoft employee here

Here's the quote:

Quote:"The issue could be due to The Audio Service corrupted.

I would suggest you Try to copy and merge the audio service from a different Windows 8.

Note: Make sure the other computer is also a same as what you are using (Ex: If you are using 32 bit system then copy from 32 bit system only)
a. Right click on the start screen and select Run.
b. Click on Regedit.
c. Navigate to HKLM/system/current controlset/services/audiosrv click on audiosrv and then on the file menu select export and save the file on a thumb drive or disc.
Then copy that on your machine and merge it. Then restart your system."

So the next question is that is your pc 32 or 64 bit. Someone here might be able to provide you with a non corrupted file.
(04-04-2015, 08:06 AM)Joulle Wrote: So the next question is that is your pc 32 or 64 bit. Someone here might be able to provide you with a non corrupted file.
I have the 64 bit version
Oh and is it windows 8.1 or just windows 8 ?

If it's windows 8.1 I should be able to provide that non corrupted file.
(04-04-2015, 02:20 PM)Joulle Wrote: Oh and is it windows 8.1 or just windows 8 ?

If it's windows 8.1 I should be able to provide that non corrupted file.

Its 8.1, much appreciated.
Alright, so I found the file from this location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Audiosrv in windows registry and I uploaded it here.

What you have to do is import the file on to that location. Go to the location stated above in windows registry editor (regedit.exe), then click on audiosrv and then on the file menu and there click import and select the file I uploaded.

After that restart your pc.
The following 1 user Likes Joulle's post:
  • SourLemon