VCMod - Proper Light and Siren Usage
Disclaimer: You do not have to follow any of my suggestions I put here, it is solely up to you what to use.
       With the release of the new VCMod update, many people have fiddled with it and have figured it out, for the most part. The thing that gets to me though, is when people use the wrong siren and lights. Having the sirens set to wail for every single call is not very realistic. So, I am here to help those who might need a push in the right direction. (These are based off of real life police usages.)

Sirens:
Wail- Usually only used in high speed chases, the most abused siren.
Yelp- Used for emergency situations, such as a death or a fire. Can be intermixed with Wail by using the manual siren, default "T".
Priority- Can be used in chases, responding to robberies, or emergencies. Usually mixed with another siren.

ELS:
Illuminate- Used in shady or dark neighborhoods while looking for a criminal, used during the night. (Note: This is not an emergency light.)
High Priority- The most often used light setting, used to respond to everything under the sun. Usually used while traveling fast.
Caution- Also can be used to respond to almost anything. However, usually used at slower speeds. (In the city.)
Stable- Used at the scene of an emergency or crime. 

Scenarios:
Pulling Someone Over- When pulling someone over, it is important to not scare the living crap out of them. This could cause them to panic. Firstly, you should switch ELS on Caution...slowly pulling up behind them. If they do not slow down you can simply "whoop" the siren for a split second by using the manual siren, default "T". If they still do not stop and/or speed up, you can set ELS to High Priority and Sirens to Wail, begin the chase.

I hope this helped you correctly respond to your next call! Go out there and stop some crime!
(Note: Any questions or concerns can be directed below or through a PM, Thank you.)

Update: Added A Scenario
Kind Regards,
Mr.UnionSniper
Proud Donor

The following 8 users Like Mr.UnionSniper's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Jiggles, Karakuts, Humla, Blurr, Soviethooves, thomas-law, summotion