BMW restoration project
I think you still need to make the dash 3D and tidy the a Gear stick.
The following 1 user Likes James_Gaff's post:
  • Rain
Well, Noble finished the re-texturing and has send the file to me. The BMW is broken now though and crashes the server when spawning. He refuses to try and fix it, and does not want to develop for Fearless anymore.

It really grinds my gears.

I hope that Griim or someone else with knowledge would like to help me finishing the BMW.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
So much trouble over a car. :/
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
I thought the agreement that he was only gonna model/re-texture the car?
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 6 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Preditor, Noble, Nevy, Tomo, James_Gaff, Chumps
(04-07-2015, 09:21 PM)Enzyme Wrote: I thought the agreement that he was only gonna model/re-texture the car?
^
This is just pathetic, just do what the community wants and what you made a pole on which was to have the new one.
The following 1 user Likes Blurr's post:
  • Hitman
(04-07-2015, 08:59 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Well, Noble finished the re-texturing and has send the file to me. The BMW is broken now though and crashes the server when spawning. He refuses to try and fix it, and does not want to develop for Fearless anymore.

It really grinds my gears.

I hope that Griim or someone else with knowledge would like to help me finishing the BMW.

The original agreement was to retexture the BMW to become a developer for Fearless, something that I have aspired to do for almost 2 years now. I gladly took up your request after contacting you regarding your thread looking for a modeler/texture artist and began by scaling up the original texture files and replacing them. After getting poor results from this, I then moved the car to 3DS Max to redo the UV map (essentially changing where and how the textures are organized and sourced to allow for better quality). After spending 20+ hours on this over a weeks time I managed to get the vehicle out of 3DS Max, animations and all, into Gmod as a prop. I had never tested the car with a vehicle script since that was always outside of my knowledge and was given no indicators as to how to fix it since there were no reported error messages or crash logs to go off of. You can still use the vehicle by re-exporting it from 3DS Max with whatever changes necessary, however you need to know what's causing the issue to proceed. 

Today I asked you about developer, to which you began telling me the Corvette and Golf needed updated textures. I talked about how there are better variants ported from Forza 4 that should be used since these aren't as iconic as the BMW and that this was not our original agreement. You then told me since the BMW does not work with the vehicle script that my work is unfinished and you were not required to uphold your agreement, even after telling me that you could have someone with better knowledge of the vehicle system take a look at it.

At this point I was quite upset after spending a week working on this model's retexture only to be told that it was all in vain. I only made texture changes out of fear of some issue arising, such as this. Did I act out somewhat in frustration during our Steam conversation? Absolutely, and I apologize for that. However I spent a lot of time on this work only to have our arrangement altered. 

I had worked on these flags (which are spawnable on the server) as a project to test my abilities to become a developer, and had never received an answer after months of waiting. In addition I had been working with Mavis on re-texturing new emergency vehicles in which I had to go through a very similar process on the firetruck as I did with the BMW, so as far as I was aware no problems should have happened.

It wasn't that I refused to develop for Fearless, I was refusing to continue developing without being a part of the team as agreed upon.
This just gets better and better huh.. /sarcasm
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Tomo
Please explain me where I can use a car for that crashes the server.

I tried talking to you to see if we can fix it but instead you blame the script and threatening me that you will code for another community. Well that is not what I want to hear from someone who is nearly developer. And it's not the first time.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
dude, swallow your pride and just put the stuff in that is basically unanimously wanted by the community 
Sig by Dex. Check it here!
The following 3 users Like Cujo's post:
  • Tomo, James_Gaff, Falc