Top Gear - On that bombshell..
So, I'l curious what you all think about Top Gear and now that Jeremy Clarkson has been dismissed, do you think it'll continue? I know for sure I won't be watching it without him being on it, but James May and Richard Hammond have both given out hints they won't be doing the show anymore (James changed his twitter to "I was a TV Presenter")

Tony Hall said he had "not taken this decision lightly" and recognised it would "divide opinion". However, he added "a line has been crossed" and he "cannot condone what has happened on this occasion". Clarkson was suspended on 10 March, following what was called a "fracas" with Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon. The row, which took place in a Yorkshire hotel, was said to have occurred because no hot food was provided following a day's filming. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations.

An internal investigation began last week, led by Ken MacQuarrie, the director of BBC Scotland. It found that Mr Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".
"During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip."

It lasted "around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness," Mr MacQuarrie noted in his report. "The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period" and "contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack" Mr Tymon, who believed he had lost his job.

Kind Regards,
Wood.
It's his own fault.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Top Gear will never be the same without Clarkson. He was a legend and his humour was relatable to all of us. He's an inspiration of mine and will be forever. Top Gear will probably continue though, it's one of their most viewed shows. Clarkson can be wrong a lot the times, don't get me wrong. Be it controversial or even a little racist, but that doesn't change much. I will probably continue to watch it even though he has gone. I hope that it is as good however Hammond and May cannot handle the show themselves, so I can't wait to see who replaces him. I just hope that they are at least funny and relatable. I also hope that the rest of the series is broadcast. I still can't see why the shows had to be "postponed" last Sunday and the one before because of this "fracas". Why let us fans suffer because Clarkson was a bit of a twat.
(03-25-2015, 05:41 PM)Suarez Wrote: I still can't see why the shows had to be "postponed" last Sunday and the one before because of this "fracas". Why let us fans suffer because Clarkson was a bit of a ***.

Physically assaulting someone is far more than being "a bit of a ***". It's a shame that fans of the show (and indeed the show itself) has to suffer as a result, but just because Jeremy Clarkson is a presenter of a popular TV show it doesn't mean he can remain untouched after fucking punching one of the show's producers in the face. He deserved what he got. 

And hey, even if Top Gear comes to an end, we've still got about thirteen years of reruns to watch!
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 3 users Like Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • equal, Barkles, Dauntless
Rip BBC.
The following 7 users Like Jan's post:
  • Brynn, Tmdirtbike, Blurr, Benporium, Suarez, Wood, Safira
I'm gutted, honestly gutted. He is the heart of Top Gear. If they decide to carry it on, which they probably will with a new producer I most certainly will not be watching it. He is a legend and cannot be replaced.

Wrong move by the BBC, stupid move also.
I love Jezza. But he's a f*cking idiot. He deserved this. I'll be sad to see him go.
The following 1 user Likes livkx's post:
  • GRiiM
(03-25-2015, 11:07 PM)samzo Wrote: Wrong move by the BBC, stupid move also.

As mentioned in this very thread previously, he assaulted his producer. Just because he's a famous TV host doesn't mean that he should be protected to do whatever he wants; if he truly did hit his producer, I think the contract termination is totally fair.

Look, BBC didn't want this. It's by far one of their biggest shows, but I agree in their decision to fire people who hit their colleagues.
The following 1 user Likes Joykill's post:
  • GRiiM
He f*cked up hard. If you're stupid enough to punch someone in the face because you have no hot food, you need to grow up. This seems to be the end of Top Gear sadly and as much as I love the show and want it to continue, I agree on his dismissal.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
I disagree with his actions, but the BBC have made a big mistake. None of the Top Gear crew can be replaced. I'm pretty sure that I heard somewhere that James and Richard are refusing to film without Jezza
The following 1 user Likes Gandhi's post:
  • Falc