AMD Overclocking help please?
So I've had an AMD FX 4130 black edition stock 3.8 ghz, and I had it overclocked to 4.2. I accidentally reset my BIOS though and I have to re-overclock. I'm trying to use AMD overdrive to get it to 4.5, but every time I try to increase the frequency, even a tiny bit I get a lot of lag on almost everything, I can't even watch youtube videos let alone play games. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Might be something with the voltage, I'm not sure. I have a liquid cooled system so temp isn't much of a problem. 4.5 is my mark here. Help would be very much appreciated, thanks!
Have you tried overclocking from the BIOS?
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
I'm sure you can do that from the AMD Control Center, I clocked from 4.0 to 4.3 max I think.
(03-23-2015, 08:40 AM)Nuka Wrote: Have you tried overclocking from the BIOS?

I haven't, Overdrive just makes it significantly easier.
Step 1. Acquire a fire extinguisher.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
Have you tried turning it off and on?
The following 1 user Likes James_Gaff's post:
  • Tandy
(03-23-2015, 08:54 PM)Fiddlestiiicks Wrote:
(03-23-2015, 08:40 AM)Nuka Wrote: Have you tried overclocking from the BIOS?

I haven't, Overdrive just makes it significantly easier.

Try it, ramp up the clock ONLY A TINY BIT.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
(03-23-2015, 09:07 PM)Deathstroke Wrote: Have you tried turning it off and on?

Several times.
Literally, use AMD overdrive and do it ever so tiny each time until you know it won't work anymore.
(03-23-2015, 10:08 PM)LivKX Wrote: Literally, use AMD overdrive and do it ever so tiny each time until you know it won't work anymore.

That's what I've been doing. But even when I turn it up even the tiniest little bit I get lag. I don't know why it's not working this time