Projects undertaken by Mavis Dracula
Well although I can't say anything really, I would just like to say on behalf of everyone that Mavis was an amazing developer who pioneered work for FL. In my opinion he did not deserve the demotion he was given, and this is something that I truly, truly believe. I'd like to thank Mavis for all of his work he did here, and being an awesome guy in general that supported helping RPs through the use of his developer powers to improve them.
Thanks Mavis.
The following 3 users Like livkx's post:
  • MacTavish, James_Gaff, Sgtbender2000
Demoting Mavis was a tough choice, but a choice we decided was fair and unbiased.

I'll remind the public that there are a few details that they do not know about, and that they need to remember that they do not know all of the details and should therefore be careful with making up thoughts and accusations that aren't right.

Mavis did an outstanding job as a developer, and we had a lot that was happening on the development-front while he was with us.
Even though he did a lot that benefited FL, he crossed the lines and committed actions that even he couldn't get away with.
The whole process took a week, and there was a lot of discussion going on with both the whole admin-team and the SAs. In the end we made a result that wasn't popular, but it was right. There's a limit to how much we can accept from a developer. No person on the staff is invincible or untouchable and there are clear lines that one cannot cross as a staff-member.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 2 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Preditor, Benporium
Mavis was part of the team. He did things that he shouldn't have done. I've defended Mavis on some things, disagreed with others. Mavis did what he felt didn't harm anyone, what he did wasn't allowed. He was caught, broke rules and was punished as a team member. He didn't have any administrative powers. 

Punishment is indeed to be given out but this... In my opinion a demotion is a bit over the top. A talk with the man would have done just fine, I'm sure he would have reversed what he had done and he'd be reminded of what he is allowed and not allowed to do.

Mavis, you're a damn good developer and I hope you continue doing the work you do, even if it's not on FL. There are tons of other servers around that would jump at the chance to have a developer such as yourself.

Thank you for the time and effort you've into the servers of this community for the players to enjoy. 
Keep on keepen on brother.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 4 users Like SirCrow's post:
  • MacTavish, Noble, Blurr, Sgtbender2000
Unbiased my ass. I'm sorry but unbiased, when Soul wasn't even consulted in the decisions to demote him? SA was re-introduced to help Soul make decisions, not make them for him. The fact that he disagrees with the opinion really shows something.
The following 3 users Like livkx's post:
  • James_Gaff, Tomo, Sgtbender2000
(03-16-2015, 07:41 PM)LivKX Wrote: Unbiased my ass. I'm sorry but unbiased, when Soul wasn't even consulted in the decisions to demote him? SA was re-introduced to help Soul make decisions, not make them for him. The fact that he disagrees with the opinion really shows something.

Not to sound like an arse but how do you know soul wasnt involved?
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Real shame. I was really enjoying checking out the new updates when I had the time but I guess it will probably go back to one update every few months so the only thing making me excited to play again is the new map Sad

Only thing I can hope for is that Soul overrules the decision
(03-16-2015, 07:45 PM)Voluptious Wrote:
(03-16-2015, 07:41 PM)LivKX Wrote: Unbiased my ass. I'm sorry but unbiased, when Soul wasn't even consulted in the decisions to demote him? SA was re-introduced to help Soul make decisions, not make them for him. The fact that he disagrees with the opinion really shows something.

Not to sound like an arse but how do you know soul wasnt involved?

As per usual, I can't say.
If you cant say stuff, dont brag about it, its annoying.
Real shame Mavis got demoted, we have a lot to thank him for.
(03-16-2015, 07:50 PM)Baskingner Wrote: If you cant say stuff, dont brag about it, its annoying.
Real shame Mavis got demoted, we have a lot to thank him for.
Didn't brag. This is serious, not something to brag about.
I'll say this again, YOU GUYS DONT KNOW EVERYTHING. You can think it wasn't fair, but Mavis was given chances to correct his ways and he didn't.
The following 7 users Like Venom's post:
  • Preditor, Floodify, Mysterius, Blurr, Benporium, Burnett, Enzyme