Map Assessments
(03-23-2015, 03:31 AM)Falcon Wrote: Well, I like Chaos City, Littletown looks too European (No offense), and is just.. little. Rockford, is a buggy mess, and is huge, so my vote is for Chaos City. I think we should replace our current v33x server with Chaos City, as it is just a perfect map, and it is very similar to v33x.
Can't ever look too European Smile

Little town sort of looks like a remote town in Italy.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
The following 1 user Likes Wood's post:
  • MacTavish
Strange. I had no problem running Rockford with 30 players a few monthes ago. Maybe they added something that bugged the hell out of it.
(03-23-2015, 08:53 AM)Mysterius Wrote: Strange. I had no problem running Rockford with 30 players a few monthes ago. Maybe they added something that bugged the hell out of it.

It ran just fine, however you could walk right through worldprops, certain parts of buildings were just non-existant etc.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Map testing of littletown has begun!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=131302441
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Is there another link to the map the steam community isn't working for me. Or could someone explain why it is not working for me.
Overall I am going to say -support for Littletown. It certainly has a lot of charm. However with our current system it doesn't really work well. Vehicle support is a prime example. It is hard to manage the streets with one car, let alone multiple vehicles on the road. The larger vehicles take up the entire street. The sewers are certainly scary though, I could see some good RP down there.
Fighting fires so you don't have to.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:5102768&b=13]
The following 1 user Likes SirWulf's post:
  • MacTavish
To be honest I find littletown to be a great map. It has so many places for RP's, altough it is kinda small I love it.
Also I think Chaos is a cool map as well, only problem in my opinion is the size of it.

Maybe we can try to test littletown during the weekend?
I'm massively in support of Littletown. Chaos was a very nice map, but it had a few problems and was very similar to 2d and 33x. It makes for a highly viable replacement for 33x, but a third server running the same deal would be rather dull, in my opinion. Rockford had some nice aesthetics, but it was far too spacey and empty, and had many bugs and areas of negative space on it. It's really only suitable for 150+ players, and even then only with a good few weeks of bug-fixing (or a new map version).

Littletown has everything we need for a third server. It's different from 2d and 33x, which will make for some new and unique RP. The overall map quality is very high: the textures are solid, the aesthetics clean, there are no bugs that I've noticed and no areas of negative space. There are some buildings that are just façades, but the same is true of v2d and 33x - people just choose to notice it less - and certainly true of chaos and rockford. Also, I don't consider the façades a problem; in reality, you're not going to inhabit every building in a city, as some will be closed, so not being able to enter every building in littletown is no problem. As it is, the limited space means that people will be brought together to RP more often (yet thanks to the outskirts and the sewers, there are still many places to get away and hide or spread out the RP). The buildings that you can enter are all of a high quality (with the possible exception of the gun shop) and there is a great variety of them. No assets from 2d and 33x are re-used, which is a major problem in chaos. They're all new buildings, and are a lot of fun to explore, especially as the map is loaded with secrets.

The complex sewer system adds a really nice criminal element to the map that you can't find on any other. It's mysterious, it's dark, it's cold, and you just know that the denizens of the criminal underworld are going to hide there, making it a dangerous place, difficult to police. Sort of like the Parisian catacombs, if you believe the stories.

As for the driving, why do people feel the need to be able to street-race on every map? We have two maps, both with 75 slots, on which you can race and zoom about to your hearts content on wide open roads. Littletown adds something a little different. We shouldn't just go for more of the same, especially if the only complaint is an inability to drive fast. If CDM becomes a problem, we can limit what cars people can use on the server, and we can also add railings to the CDM hotspots by the pavement (side-walk for you yanks) as world props, like we do on 2d. The map is so compact that people can walk anyway, yet thanks to the good map design there's still a lot of space to RP.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Mustang
Why Rockford isn't a good map for FL.

[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • MacTavish
I think Chaos city is an extremely good map. Yes, the city to desert seems sorta weird but it's variety and you don't get that in a lot of maps.
The following 1 user Likes Venom's post:
  • MacTavish