FPS Drop
Okay so I have a tiny problem in v33x that is really annoying.
When I enter the city I have a bit of a fps drop and thats weird because on singleplayer everything is okay, I have a good gaming PC and that drive me nuts.
I even got blacklist for this one time, And I would really like to fix the problem, I tried to lower graphics but it still occur.
If someone experienced that before please help me!    Smile
If there's a lot of players, props, entities etc inside the city, this could cause lag for you. No real way to fix it apart from upgrading your rig. Lowering certain settings, like model detail, fucks up TDMCars.
The city was made by an idiot who didnt include certain things to improve FPS
The only thing you can do is deal with it like everyone else has to. (I dont mean to sound like an ass here)
ON THE OTHER HAND (aka Edit: )
Most lag from the server is hardware related as Enzyme posted underneth, and when one less than everyone doesnt paste w/o constraints and such lag can and will happen
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Sadly, GMOD is a badly optimized game.

It's laggy for those with old computers because of the constraints that people have when they paste their dupes. There would be less lag if people would post their dupes as frozen and [/b]without constraints[/b].

What you could try to increase your PC performance is to install a game-booster. This might help with giving you a bit better performance.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I made a suggestion to auto tick on the "Spawn without constraints" but it got really negative,so i removed it sadly.

The game booster does work to a point,but afterwards it will just make you lag even more.
(03-07-2015, 11:17 PM)MacTavish Wrote: I made a suggestion to auto tick on the "Spawn without constraints" but it got really negative,so i removed it sadly.

Negative? Who would vote no for that? There are very few occasions when spawning with constraints is necessary. I think i've always used the "without counstraint" on the server without any need for them.
(03-07-2015, 12:14 PM)Voluptious Wrote: The city was made by an idiot who didnt include certain things to improve FPS
This is the main issue. The map is horribly unoptimised and the way it's laid out (large open spaces) leads to the Source engine having to render too much at once, even without all the things people are building. It's why bits of the city disappear and reappear when you enter it. 

All you can really do here is slow down when you take a corner so you don't crash into anything when the game locks up.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles