Phishers on Steam
Let's talk about this: Phishers.

Have you ever been targeted? I have been many times, the purpose of them is to put phishy links on your profile with a phrase that they are noobs and they lie, I know when it's a phisher or not, and they want to know your passwords, and hack your Steam, I have fallen for that one single time, but thanks to Kaspersky Lab Internet Security, it denied me access to this website, good job Kaspersky Wink

Post if you have been targeted and how, and If you want, add the user that targeted you.
Mexico is not safe
The following 1 user Likes TheImpossibleTruster5's post:
  • Sasha
Edit: I've been targeted now with this
User: Armen
Hi , i want trade my items for you skins
Check my offer screenshot link LINK REMOVED (do not click)
Tell me if you want, really good offer.
Mexico is not safe
They've been all over the place recently. I get a bunch of comments and friend requests daily with this crap.
I know, me too.
Mexico is not safe
I am getting targeted about 3-4 times per day on average, I quit all groups etc. but still getting striked, I have suspicion it's due to my 150+ games and 40 Level account.
On a side topic, this was posted on Reddit a while ago:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2cicnyh.jpg
I don't know why people keep bothering to talk about it?

I've received around 25 this week, as fools on my friends list decide to click them and people add me from CS:GO trading and decide to try send it me. I'll be honest, you have to be pretty silly to press it as they are so obvious, most being things like:
csgolonge:png
Take a careful look at that, the file extension isn't .png, it's the file name. People just name exes with .png or :png and people fool for it, click it and it signs their steam out. They relog and the hacker get's their steam account.

Just take a second to look before you click a link? thx.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I got sent a "post card" for the new year!
The phiser like me so much they sent a post card Cheese
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 1 user Likes Barkles's post:
  • Craz
I have never seen a single pisher  Smile 
I only blocked a crapload of them.... Luckily pishers stopped adding me no idea why :p
This picture was taken 5-6 months ago so there's more now, but hopefully they stopped adding me me atleast I got no friend requests last few weeks.
[Image: 66f6ec210a.png]
Phishing is the reason why I keep my steam profile comments friends only.

I get atleast 2 phishing bot friend invites everyday. Not sure why the amount is so low, but one day I got about 5 at the same time.

I always thought that phishing bots usually target rich profiles as in, high steam level, large inventory, inventories that have specific items in them etc. etc.. So I keep my inventory completly private for myself, so that phishing bots have one less reason to add me.
i have self control
(02-22-2015, 09:04 AM)Pawenstedt Wrote: Phishing is the reason why I keep my steam profile comments friends only.

I get atleast 2 phishing bot friend invites everyday. Not sure why the amount is so low, but one day I got about 5 at the same time.

I always thought that phishing bots usually target rich profiles as in, high steam level, large inventory, inventories that have specific items in them etc. etc.. So I keep my inventory completly private for myself, so that phishing bots have one less reason to add me.

They dont have any specific targetstar, I for example only have an inventory worth around 2-3 bucks and I still get a few friend request.