Marijuana legalisation
Its getting ever closer to being legal here in Canada, but particularly B.C

People here can get a licence to grow their own for medical purposes, 80 plants worth.

I'm personaly be 100% for its legalisation for recreational use for those 18-20, and the unrestricted age related medical use for those who need it, i used to be on the fence when i was younger about the stuff, though as time has gone on and ive seen how it helps my dad deal with his medical issues and ive become all for it.

Before he got a licence to grow his own the stuff he would get made him sick, we had no idea what it could have been laced with,  and the times he went without the're was a massive difference in how he felt and generaly acted, pain wise and mental stability wise.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(02-09-2015, 07:22 PM)Enzyme Wrote: Let people smoke it at home if they're 18+ years old.
If people can drink themselves to death, then I don't see an issue with someone smoking something that you can't even overdose on.

I've met many many drunk assholes, but never have had a problem with someone who's been high.

Well there's a reason why alcohol hasn't been illegal... taxes.. same with tobacoo. Sweden for example would go to shits if tobaco was forbidden to sell and purchase - Basiclly is the main contributor to our tax income. Don't ask me for a source, I can't be arsed finding one at this time.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Here in Massachusetts recreational marijuana should be legal in 2016...
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:55638909&b=3]
I agree with what everyone says but I don't think there should be much of a cap on how much a person can have or buy cos my brother buys a half ounce (~14 grams) and just smoke a little bit every day, he's not a dealer he just finds that far easier than going out every day to pick up.
The only thing that sustains me is my satanic lust for rep
Marijuana is not my favorite drug but I have enjoyed it on some occasions. I think we should legalise it everywhere. As Enzyme said, If you can drink yourself to death why not smoke yourself to sleep? There is not a single documented case where anyone have died by an overdose on marijuana. A prohobition only supports dealers and drug cartels as they make a lot of money on it.
Yeah guys but think of the side effects, Short term:Sensory distortion
Panic
Anxiety
Poor coordination of movement
Lowered reaction time
After an initial “up,” the user feels sleepy or depressed
Increased heartbeat (and risk of heart attack)
Long term:Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
Suppression of the immune system
Growth disorders
Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
Reduction of male sex hormones
Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
Reduced sexual capacity
Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
Personality and mood changes
Inability to understand things clearly

Now, I'm not a pothead and I don't know if these effects are true but if they are and lots of people are smoking this stuff, there's going to be a change in society people say it'll lower crime rate? Well no, that's not true at all, it'll lower people getting arrested for being in possession of weed sure and it'll stop dealing but it'll increase things like driving under the influence of drugs which'll result in non users lives at risk. And it's a gateway, humans'll never be happy with what they've got, they'll just move on to cocaine or whatever and try legalize that too idk it just seems like a bad idea, influences little children into doing things like that when they're older and weed can fuck you up, especially if it's easily accessible. Massive no no from me.
(02-13-2015, 04:23 PM)Dex Wrote: Now, I'm not a pothead and I don't know if these effects are true but if they are and lots of people are smoking this stuff, there's going to be a change in society people say it'll lower crime rate? Well no, that's not true at all, it'll lower people getting arrested for being in possession of weed sure and it'll stop dealing but it'll increase things like driving under the influence of drugs which'll result in non users lives at risk. And it's a gateway, humans'll never be happy with what they've got, they'll just move on to cocaine or whatever and try legalize that too idk it just seems like a bad idea, influences little children into doing things like that when they're older and weed can *** you up, especially if it's easily accessible. Massive no no from me.

It is not a gateway drug. I tried amphetamine (speed) years before I tried cannabis. The real gateway drug is alcohol.
Personally, I wouldn't legalise it.
My friend was hit by a car. The driver was an addict. (She's fine, by the way)
Alcoholism is already an issue as it is; people getting drunk and ending their own and others' lives.
Imagine if there was another outlet which made you do so? Worse still, legal ?

I mean no disrespect for the USA, but let's take their 'Right to bear arms'. The amount of shootings both purposefully and accidental have made numerous countries question this aspect of the Constitution. "Gunman, 3 years old, accidentally shoots mother's pistol after reaching into handbag for iPod" . Why does his mother need a gun? To protect herself from... Guns? Well, there's the issue. In my opinion, it's quite clearly a right which people exploit, yet the government can do nothing because these people will start an uproar.
It'll be the same with legalising drugs. Yes; a lower crime rate. Perhaps that's because you've legalised one of the largest illegal activites? People who would never think about drugs, knowing of the consequences, could either be tempted or pressured into trying, because it's just across the counter at Tesco.

Just because people do it already, doesn't make it okay.
I mean, it's illegal for a reason, right?
[Image: readImage?iid=16464531]

The following 1 user Likes Safira's post:
  • Dolla