Server maintenance
You could probably do both tbf.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-11-2015, 02:04 PM)Mysterius Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 01:42 PM)Doctor_Rumelé Wrote: OMG. More player slots would be so MEGA awesome ! 

I must say i'd prefere an increased prop limit Smile.

More slots could make the servers too crowded. However, a higher prop limit could allow us to build some serious RP places !
I feel you on that buddy..
But it is such a lovely feeling then there is a lot of people in the city ! Makes is more living Tounge
Some times even with 50 persons on a server it can seem so empty and cold.
Only downside would be a minge orgie where everybody just slantered around. But an upside would be 60 people all active Rp'ing around the map.

But what does i know, i am but a dreamer.
I think the sooner these dedicated servers get up and running the better. Especially considering recent events, one DDOS stopping and some other mug starting one.
[Image: giphy.gif]
But, let's be realistic. Even with the new dedi coming, not all attacks will be stopped. It will still be possible. We try to minimize it though.

We're making good progress and it should be ready this week.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 2 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Burnett, Tomo
You can do a LOT with 40 props... can even get a friend to paste a dupe for you too but if it can handle it bring it on.
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
The following 3 users Like beflok's post:
  • Tomo, Rozzok, Tandy
(02-11-2015, 07:47 PM)beflok Wrote: You can do a LOT with 40 props... can even get a friend to paste a dupe  for you too  but if it can handle it bring  it on.

My body is ready.
[Image: 9lQ10sX.png]
updated 1/24/2020
The following 1 user Likes Rozzok's post:
  • Tomo
I suggest we don't do either. It will only cause lag even if we have new and upgraded servers.
When proplimits / playerlimits are higher the more the server will lag. Wouldn't it be great if it were to be like this with 50 players, a steady ping and 40 props? Only if we ACTUALLY have enough power capacity to run the server with such limits it would be a good idea but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Yay, might be a reason for me to actually come on FL servers since months!
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
If the server can handle more props on it then by all means lets increase the limit for donators/high hour players.

Prop lag is not caused by just high amounts, its generaly caused by the servers own smartweld tool which can apply up to 200 constraints on just 20 props, which in itself can cause serious lag for the server.

If we removed smart weld and tracked down alot of the problem dupes to remove, prop lag on the server wouldnt be as huge of an issue as it is now
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Tomo, MacTavish
(02-11-2015, 09:38 PM)BlackDog Wrote: If the server can handle more props on it then by all means lets increase the limit for donators/high hour players.

Prop lag is not caused by just high amounts, its generaly caused by the servers own smartweld tool which can apply up to 200 constraints on just 20 props, which in itself can cause serious lag for the server.

If we removed smart weld and tracked down alot of the problem dupes to remove, prop lag on the server wouldnt be as huge of an issue as it is now

I don't think we need to get rid of smart weld I think we just need to teach people how to use it properly. You should be only pasting your dupes w/o constraints then when you need to dupe it select all with smart weld, weld it then save it. After that I always undo once to get rid of the smart weld I created.

If anything I think we should make it to where you can only spawn in 3-5 props with constraints(for moving items). No one really needs constraints even the normal weld tool causes issues.

Its all about the constraints people! I have pasted 200 prop dupes w/o constraints and it doesnt cause ping increase.
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
The following 1 user Likes beflok's post:
  • Tomo