CityRP Update "Red Alert"
(01-31-2015, 01:59 AM)Mavis Dracula Wrote: Concept ~ 1 year ago

Hud now

What "Features" are removed? I've only seen new added.
Jarz: however I trust that if you have a planned HUD that is much better than what it is currently, make it entirely to it's full potential, then release it. There is no point to make a HUD, remove a couple features, call it an update, and slam it in and literally tell us to get used to it.
This is the hud, which cost me a shitload of time getting it all professional fixed. No features removed, only added. Slimmed down. Even mechanic had to be moved to a later date for finalizing everything. And you call that "Removing features, call it an update and then slamming it in"? And finally telling me that I take critism to personal. What are you real points exactly? My points were already mentioned, you called me autistic, aswell as some other people, and you said you had no place to belong here.

OT:
Enjoy your day tomorrow with console var: cl_oldleft 1
If there is more I can do. I like to hear it.

Well, it wasn't that long as previously described.

Quote: too much script needs to be rewritten for no reason. Get used to it, and you will love it.

This is exactly what we wanted, thank you. 
Something that I think everybody wants is new fists, and I speak for myself when I personally believe all weapons should be buffed. It's unreal how an entire magazine can sometimes not kill someone. I understand why they aren't so powerful, I really do, but it's a but too nerfed for my liking. Just me.
Keep the arguing and hurtful criticism out of this thread.

I've seen so many comments that have been simply useless posts stating opinions in a very aggressive way. Mavis is doing a great job with everything. He puts his time into developing for this server and clearly many of you show little appreciation. He was clearly shocked by the negativity and responded in a manner that showed that. 

I don't see why you would like the older HUD more than the new one, because the last one was abnoxiously blocking the majority of the lower portion of the screen. But you know what, Mavis stepped up and made a way for you to revert to the old HUD. He didn't have to, but he did. 

As of right now, the arguing ends and some of you need to show a little more respect. Criticism is only useful is you provide details to how it can be improved, rather than just stating your personal preference. 

Great work Mavy. Can't wait to see the upcoming updates! 
The following 5 users Like Nevy's post:
  • Cameron, Wood, Voluptious, James_Gaff, Mustang
I'm disappointing to see so many people ranting and complaining.

FL's getting an update, a big and a much needed one and some of you are acting like spoiled brats because you didn't get something that you're used to. It's an update, it's a change. Mavis is doing a lot for the community, and I only see people complaining about new changes.

Get used to it. Shit will be updated, shit will be changed.
Give it some time and it will grow on you.

Unless you got any helpful and detailed criticism to improve an issue, take your salty tears somewhere else.

Take a deep breath, go to bed and you'll feel better tomorrow. 

[Image: 7592036.gif]

Good night. 
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I like the new HUD, but if it wouldn't be a problem, could you increase the size of the notifications? Like if you receive money, or if you run out of gas, that sorta thing. It can kinda get confusing (at least for me). This doesn't have to be done, I'm just wondering if it's possible.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • Brynn
(01-31-2015, 08:52 AM)Falcon Wrote: I like the new HUD, but if it wouldn't be a problem, could you increase the size of the notifications? Like if you receive money, or if you run out of gas, that sorta thing. It can kinda get confusing (at least for me). This doesn't have to be done, I'm just wondering if it's possible.

The idea was to try keep everything on the HUD out the way so you can 'have more of the game' and not things flashing up in your face.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I do like the new hud but I really would like the health,stamina to be like 1.5 bigger. It's really small and when you have net_graph 1 on to see how much lag you're getting it's really hard to read it other than that I find this hud quite nice.
For all those who cant check now, this is what cl_oldleft 1 does
IGNORE THE CHAT, obvious bug

Now tell me, is that better or worse than the current one?
[Image: TPd8UXM.jpg]
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
The following 1 user Likes Voluptious's post:
  • James_Gaff
Personally i really like the new HUD. I also love the fact that the Bar resizes depending on the Length of the Text. Cant wait for more Updates to arrive!
[Image: B1ry4Eh.png]
Have I helped? Well you could always Rep meh!
The following 1 user Likes BlackForestAdam's post:
  • James_Gaff
(01-31-2015, 10:04 AM)Voluptious Wrote: For all those who cant check now, this is what cl_oldleft 1 does
IGNORE THE CHAT, obvious bug
Now tell me, is that better or worse than the current one?
[Image: TPd8UXM.jpg]
Forgot to compare the barheight and the information height to compare to set the right height of the textbox. Fixed.
My god!

What has this thread turned into?

Mavis, this is an excellent job. I've been wanting a new HUD since I joined FL way back when and this is a positive change.

As for all the people constantly complaining. Times change. If you don't like it, leave.
The following 4 users Like James_Gaff's post:
  • evilmat360, Wood, Voluptious, Sauce