CityRP Update "Red Alert"
So for about the past week I've been working solely on the new firetruck (easily 35+ hours). I had to get the original model imported to 3DS Max, then redo the UV map for the body of the vehicle (since the original just repeats 2 small square images), then port it back into Gmod all while getting more errors and issues than I can even count. As of now, all is working and I just hope the vehicle animations are okay when it comes time to test it.

Here's a WIP look at both vehicles (the green lines on the firetruck are model faces mapped out so I can see where images need to go, they won't appear on the final model). 

Q. Why does it say 'Fire Dept.' on the ambulance?
A. In the United States 99% of 1st response paramedic services are handled by the Fire Department. The rest are done by private EMS services (usually used for patient transport), and seeing as the paramedics are considered a government job it makes sense to texture it this way.
[Image: 2F858848192FAC12C0FC502B10323FD0C723FA7D]
The following 8 users Like Noble's post:
  • Rouch122, Coded Brain, Moisty, GRiiM, Suarez, SixPackSoCali, Mustang, Nexus
They look very nice. Good job
Is the new red ambulance a skin that can be set much like others with the context menu and vehicle mod access or will it always be a FD skin?

I noticed what you stated above but it just looks off, especialy if we leave the paramedics in their current form wearing hospital floor staff scrubs, which in it self has always been odd.

It could also just be personal preference, since ambulances where I live in all responding situations look like this:

[Image: BC_Ambulance_at_RCH.jpg]
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
I'm not sure how Canada handles their EMS services so you may never see a fire department ambulance, only privatized ones. State-run EMS in the US is almost always handled by the fire department for 1st response emergencies, and 80% of the calls received by fire departments are for medical emergencies and not fires. I was also wanting to theme the two similarly like the IRL counterparts in New York and San Francisco and researched into RP and IRL reasons to do so. I've seen some really good fire department/EMS roleplay and I figured this could help add to that if anything. I could make a separate skin to replace another one of the default ones (so you could use the context menu and swap it) if I get the time to, I've been busy putting my effort to finish and fix problems with the firetruck as on lately.

New York Examples:
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/wp-conten...%20amb.jpg
http://www.emergencyrigs.net/users%5C164...000574.jpg

San Francisco Examples:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1166/13154...ce1c71.jpg
http://www.spartanerv.com/uploadedImages...nFran1.jpg

I'll see what I can do though!
Looks great Noble. I certainly agree with your choice of having the ambulance a FD vehicle for the reason stated. It is just nice to see the two vehicles sharing the same theme, looks professional.

About 95% of my time playing on Fearless is in the Firefighter role. And I enjoy running as a team. Even is all that is requested is a medic, we often still deploy the fire engine just in case. So, seeing those two vehicles running down the road together will look great.
Fighting fires so you don't have to.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:5102768&b=13]
The following 1 user Likes SirWulf's post:
  • Noble
But in the UK it isn't ??? And in a lot of other places outside the states it actually isn't. This won't make sense to a lot of players unfamiliar with the American system. Shoulda just put ambulance on it in my opinion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-03-2015, 08:00 AM)Marty Wrote: But in the UK it isn't ??? And in a lot of other places outside the states it actually isn't. This won't make sense to a lot of players unfamiliar with the American system. Shoulda just put ambulance on it in my opinion.

That's true, but arguably all the Fearless servers are set within the US and there are many indicators that point to this.

Driving on the right side of the road, Old 'Liberty' New York license plates, all the emergency vehicles are or resemble US counterparts, Bank of America only resides within the US, server currency is in US dollar, etc.

Because the servers appear to be set in the US it wouldn't make sense for government paramedics to respond to an emergency in a privatized ambulance for 1st response emergencies. If I get the time to I can make another texture you can swap with in the context menu.
To counter that. (Btw tell me if I'm being an ass lol I do like it though) Most countries drive on the right. The Bank of America doesn't necessarily only operate in the US same as the Bank of England, the bank of Ireland, royal bank of scotland etc etc. nothing saying it has to be privatised. Just a mere Ambulance sign on the side. Not like NHS or anything like that Tounge good work though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-03-2015, 11:04 AM)Marty Wrote: To counter that. (Btw tell me if I'm being an ass lol I do like it though) Most countries drive on the right. The Bank of America doesn't necessarily only operate in the US same as the Bank of England, the bank of Ireland, royal bank of scotland etc etc. nothing saying it has to be privatised. Just a mere Ambulance sign on the side. Not like NHS or anything like that Tounge good work though.

No you're fine haha, and I understand what you're saying. It does have the typical ambulance symbol on the other side and on the back but I'll work on another design as well. And I double checked on the Bank of America thing before I posted it, they're only in US.
The following 1 user Likes Noble's post:
  • Preditor
I like the models Noble they look great Keep up the great worl.
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge