Reckon I should upgrade my gpu?
Originally I was able to get a gtx 970 (even though mum said no, I would have eventually persuaded her), but now I can't because she broke my monitor and I had to replace it :p

Anyway, would it be worth upgrading from an oced gtx 660 windforce to something around the $250 range. Should I wait for the r9 300 series? or the gtx 960 or 1000 series (not sure what it will be called :p)

And I just want to see if there is a worthy gpu to upgrade to.

I also live in Australia :p
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51639267&b=9]

☐ rekt ☐ not rekt ☑ tyrannosaurus rekt
Wait for the new GTX 960.
Will do. I just wish my mum understood and agreed that upgrading to the gtx 970 was actually worth it in terms of money, as in its not a waste.

(01-13-2015, 12:49 AM)Mishchap Wrote: Will do. I just wish my mum understood and agreed that upgrading to the gtx 970 was actually worth it in terms of money, as in its not a waste.

Aw man, i feel your pain, last year i had no bank account OR money, i begged and begged my parents to get me a bank account, so they did, if you live in the UK like me, i'd recommend starting up an account with Santander, it's easy for your parents and yourself, and the even better thing is, my dad has to put £20 every month or else the account gets shut down for some reason (i think), so nag your mum to get you a bank account, and if possible, get a small job like me, i do a paper round every Sunday, its takes 1 & 1/2 hours and i get payed £8, but the money stacks up! Just go to your nearest corner shop and im sure they'll have a job available, since most teens think they can just live off their parents and don't bother looking for any small jobs.

On Topic:
Like Antares said, wait for the GTX 960, it's going to be coming out by the end of January, latest mid-February, it's going to support DirectX 12, which is something to be very exited for, and the GTX 960, (When it comes out) is going to be the best bang-for-buck card on the market until something else beats it! Personally i bought  GTX 970 cause i had the money and i was impatient to wait for the GTX 960, but please do get the GTX 960 if you can, it will be amazing.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
(01-16-2015, 05:38 PM)Tandy Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 12:49 AM)Mishchap Wrote: Will do. I just wish my mum understood and agreed that upgrading to the gtx 970 was actually worth it in terms of money, as in its not a waste.

Aw man, i feel your pain, last year i had no bank account OR money, i begged and begged my parents to get me a bank account, so they did, if you live in the UK like me, i'd recommend starting up an account with Santander, it's easy for your parents and yourself, and the even better thing is, my dad has to put £20 every month or else the account gets shut down for some reason (i think), so nag your mum to get you a bank account, and if possible, get a small job like me, i do a paper round every Sunday, its takes 1 & 1/2 hours and i get payed £8, but the money stacks up! Just go to your nearest corner shop and im sure they'll have a job available, since most teens think they can just live off their parents and don't bother looking for any small jobs.

On Topic:
Like Antares said, wait for the GTX 960, it's going to be coming out by the end of January, latest mid-February, it's going to support DirectX 12, which is something to be very exited for, and the GTX 960, (When it comes out) is going to be the best bang-for-buck card on the market until something else beats it! Personally i bought  GTX 970 cause i had the money and i was impatient to wait for the GTX 960, but please do get the GTX 960 if you can, it will be amazing.

i have a bank account with my own money, my mum puts $15 a week. She just wouldn't let me get the gt 970. And she also broke my monitor so now I can't even get a gtx 970. (Wouldn't pay for breaking my monitor) Ill get the gtx 960 when it comes out. What about amd though?

(01-17-2015, 08:46 AM)Mishchap Wrote:
(01-16-2015, 05:38 PM)Tandy Wrote:

On Topic:

i have a bank account with my own money, my mum puts $15 a week. She just wouldn't let me get the gt 970. And she also broke my monitor so now I can't even get a gtx 970. (Wouldn't pay for breaking my monitor) Ill get the gtx 960 when it comes out. What about amd though?

Wait, you've got your own bank account, can't you just use the card online and pay for it without your mum's permission? My parents didn't really seem to understand why a powerful PC is important, and they didn't want me spending hundreds of pounds on parts, but i educated them a little bit about PCs, and they've loosened up on me, not that i cared in the first place, but it saved me being nagged at all the times, give it a try! Educate your parents on PCs and hardware and such!
(Also it sucks that your monitors broken Sad )
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
what do you think ive been trying to do lelelel.

my card can be used online but i can't use it online yet. I'm not 18 yet :p

and also i bought a new monitor when she broke it. so i don't have enough to get the gtx 970.

(01-18-2015, 02:08 AM)Mishchap Wrote: what do you think ive been trying to do lelelel.

my card can be used online but i can't use it online yet. I'm not 18 yet :p

and also i bought a new monitor when she broke it. so i don't have enough to get the gtx 970.

Aw man, life sucks, anyways, you absolutely don't need to be 18 lol, i'm 15 and i buy all my games and everything through paypal(mostly), i have absolutely no problems with it...
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
the bank i use for my debit card won't allow me

also, would sliing a gtx 660 be sufficient?