Some new scam on Steam?
So I haven't been a affected by this besides the annoyance of my inbox being spammed, but there appears to be people posting links on my steam profile to a website which will try and download something onto my computer.

Here's a pic.

[Image: kxjlmCd.png]

I've been getting these every time I log onto steam, and the people appear to be normal users as they have tons of games, so maybe they've been hijacked. Few seconds after I clicked the link (*People begin to sigh*) AVG picked up a Softsonic download, so most likely a virus or something. Just thought I should share. Smile

Also, upon inspection of the actual person he had the links on his page too. Maybe some sort of chain virus? Idk.

[Image: iwhvSAf.png]
People actually still click on random links from random people? Geez.
The following 1 user Likes Feffe's post:
  • GRiiM
It's nothing new, I get about 10 a day when trading. It's bots that send to everyones profile or when they add you. It's basically a key logger so they can access your account and take all your steam inventory. My idea is just block anyone with a steam level of 0 and ignore them if you do add me.
Kind Regards,
Arxxy
Fearless Donator

(01-16-2015, 12:02 PM)ZedsDead Wrote: People actually still click on random links from random people?  Geez.

I've been targetted too, sometimes is related on TF2 and some times , my GMod addons dissapear for no f*cking reason.
Mexico is not safe
I've been getting this on my profile:

Hey,sorry for trouble you. I unbox my first unusual,but i noob in tf2,and i need your help.Check please screenshot,it good or bad unusual? and maybe you know price? i could trade with you? {LINK REMOVED - Please don't spam, and be wary of scams.} (STEAM Name: Richard) and I busted him attempting to phish me, AKA: Scam me and hack me account
Mexico is not safe
The following 1 user Likes TheImpossibleTruster5's post:
  • Tandy
New? No. This has been around for awhile, just becoming more common.

As always, done click links from people you don't trust. If you get a link like this, delete it from your profile as well so others do the click on it.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 1 user Likes SirCrow's post:
  • Tandy
Watch out for this as well: 
My friend got it today and i don't know if he can get rid of it...

Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
I got a knife in csgo lately and suddenly you get 10 friend requests in 10 minutes. Never click on those links, even if it's your friend or someone you know.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.