Getting Invalid/Redundant Bans Removed
Your name: Joey Skylynx
Your ban ID(s):  2449, 5179, 5725, 5772, 6977, 7044, 10679, 10978, 12676 

Banned by: 2449 - Andreas | 5179 - Shadow | 5725 - Toby | 5772 - Toby | 6977 - Private Toast | 7044 - Blackdog | 10679 - MikeyTheFox | 10978 - Killjoy | 12676 - Zzzzap
Reason: All reasons and otherwise will be listed in the "Why we should unban you"
Involved: All admins that are listed above, including anyone who was involved in my original threads regarding unbans.
Why we should unban you: 
Quote:2449 | "Propclimbing" | Andreas
When this ban was made, I was doing Czech Rebel RP, and in the forested areas near the bar[which we owned] we had set up are well known Czech Rebel encampments, that included a deer-stand in a tree. All though I do not have a picture of the deer stand on hand, I do have a dupe of it which can be examined by the admins on v2d! The dupe's name is "treepost" and it's simply a sign with a cs_militia ladder running up to it. It was connected to trees to allow our guys to act like hunters with tranq rifles in the case we had anyone trying to act aggressive to us. 
In order to prove that I'm not lieing about the Czech Rebel Encampments, please feel free to look at this picture: Czech Rebel Encampment
Quote:5179 | "Modifying car and public building" | Shadow
At the time of this ban, I was roleplaying with my group the Czechnyen Rebels, and we were studying new methods of raiding the infamous doomforts of the day. Considering our groups lore and background of being more-or-less a resistance group that uses whatever is can salvage in the woods and junkyards of Evocity. 
As you can imagine with this type of lore, we tend to restrain ourselves to basic weapons, basic vehicles, and basic housing(as seen with the Czech Encampment!). So in the interest of finding something that would fit our lore and would seem fitting for our roleplay, we decided to test the construction of wooden siege towers that were on wheels, and could be maneuvered and pushed to a doomforts wall, so that we can do a bit of Siege Warfare RP.
All of this construction and testing was done within our home-base of the bar area, and at the time we were not bothering anyone around us, and just testing out the concept of these siege towers on test walls. While we were doing this though, Shadow came into the area and saw the tests of us pushing the siege towers with our trabants, which could be very much seen at the moment in time as being an attempt to modify a vehicle. Even though we had a discussion with Shadow to explain the idea, it was deemed against the rules and the builder[myself] was banned for what I believe was 12 hours. 
I never fully understood the reason for the ban, as we had never even deployed this siege tower propelled by a trabant. We kept it within our own base area, and were simply testing it's functions and capabilities. Considering it's not really public building to build within your own home, and the fact we never deployed this siege tower, I was wondering if this ban could be removed as it seems sorta out there.
Quote:5725 | "Yell raid next time k? thanks" | Toby
The rule had been removed for about a week when this ban occurred, and I was unable to post an unban appeal as it was below the one day limit. 
Quote:5772 | "Swearing in OOC" | Toby
From the start, this ban was considered a ban up for debate, as I wasn't attacking or insulting any players, but rather telling them that if you don't want people attacking you, that you shouldn't act like a cu*t.  Link to my unban thread for proof of this. It just seems awkward that this was even a ban in the first place, I mean heck... If telling someone that being a warmonger is bound to get another warmonger after you is a bad thing, I'm confused.
Quote:6977 | "(ban lifted before expired) Ban req approved" | PrivateToast << 1st Ban [Removed to Get Evidence] >>

7044 | "Ban request" | Blackdog << 2nd Ban [Ban Reinstated after Evidence Gathered] >>

10679 | "propclimbing" | MikeyTheFox << 3rd Ban [Banned for same thing as 1st Ban] >>

So this is a rather entertaining story, but in order to get the full grasp of everything, I would like to advise everyone to goto this thread, and read the entire story. 
Alright so you did that? So lets get cracking on what happened, and how it happened. This all started off with the construction of my Hobo Tower. I had started building it, and while I was building it, two users decided to use it to climb up onto the nearby roof, and refused to come down when I asked them to do so. I kept on building in order to finish the tower off so that no more people would climb up onto the roof, and even though I did, I was still banned for two other players actions. 

After this ban occurred, I requested the ability to go onto the server, and take photos of the completed dupe in order to prove that I had in truth completed it, and I never intended on anyone climbing onto the roof. Blackdog granted me the right to do this, and I went on to take pictures of my hobo tower, and once I was done, I asked him to reban me for the time being. After posting evidence on the thread, it was found that the bans were invalid, and should of been removed. This was never done though, and I had waited on both bans. 

For some reason, these two bans were still counted on my ban record, even though within the thread I posted earlier in this report, it can be seen that I was suppose to be unbanned. 

Now onto the third ban! What was this ban for you might ask? Same bloody thing. I was adding another part to the hobo tower in order to widen the top floor's patio, and a user decided to climb onto the nearby roof. I was once again banned, and was never able to give any sort of contest to this ban due to the unban rules at the time preventing me from doing so. 

So yeah... Fun-fun fun.

Quote:10978 | "12 priors, FailRP, random raiding, ignoring admins" | Killjoy

12676 | "Random raid, Fail RP, Public building, 13 prior bans. Multiple accounts" | Zzzzap

I can argue and debate about this ban for years, but to sum it up in some easy bullets...

1.) The whole story of this ban, is that I was using my hobotower for Projekt RP, the government attempted to come down on it thanks to some drug dealers in the area, they killed some innocent people, we pelted them with glass bottles and boots, and a massive standoff happened. This situation ended with my group of hobos being armed with AK-47's, we proceeded to the main intersection of v2d, and aimed into the sky, and fired our guns off as a show of force. We never raided, never did any illegal public builds, never fail rp'ed, and were never involved in any raids.  The raid that did happen was a Corleone Raid, and I never had any communication with ANY of the Corleones. 

2.) Killjoy himself removed my ban on all charges. The ban was found to be somewhat shotty, and any case of "multiple accounting" was found to be sorta lackluster considering all KJ had to do in order to find out about my double accounts was to simply ask me directly, I gave him all said accounts, and told him at the time that the current IP Tracking system used by Fearless was broken. 

Quote:Thursday, February 07, 2013

4:28 AM - [FL] Killjoy: joey, you wouldnt be using an alt account to go on FL, would ya?
4:29 AM - Joey Skylynx: I've got like six which I've got for testing purposes
4:29 AM - Joey Skylynx: Why whats up
4:29 AM - Joey Skylynx: Strange thing really though
4:29 AM - Joey Skylynx: I'd figure Salinsky would of put out the note of my existence
4:30 AM - Joey Skylynx: Like the 1st time he banned me he noted my voice cause I told him he was a *** straight to his face
4:30 AM - Joey Skylynx: And even he was like 'your joey skylynx'
4:31 AM - [FL] Killjoy: how cute lol
4:31 AM - [FL] Killjoy: youre rather cheeky at times, you know tat?
4:31 AM - [FL] Killjoy: that*
4:31 AM - Joey Skylynx: I'm a *** what can I say
4:31 AM - Joey Skylynx: By the way, let Temar know the IP system has been borgia'd for some time
4:32 AM - [FL] Killjoy: yeah we know about it

3.) Both bans should simply be one ban considering that's what it is... I was banned for one thing.

Please do understand that I am not trying to be unbanned, but rather have the many questionable if not wrong bans I have cleared off my record. I have provided a great deal of evidence for several of these bans, and if any bans need any more information, please feel free to ask for it. 
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
The main issue with all of these bans are that they are very old and that many of the banning admins are no longer with us on FL.
Trying to appeal several year old bans will not tip in your favor just because you've waited to appeal these bans, it's rather the opposite.

There needs to be valid evidence to prove your innocence to have a ban removed. You writing sentences years after receiving a ban doesn't prove your innocence. Therefore, previous UBRs will play a major role in the decision-making.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ban ID 5772:
UBR for this ban: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=8113
You were banned for "swearing in OOC".

The banning administrator (Toby) explains in this UBR how he found your word-usage unacceptable and how you broke the rules. This ban is 4 years old and there's little point to argue with a ban that's this old. The banning administrator saw that you broke the rules and I don't see how this ban is valid. You simply broke the rule here.

Also, second UBR for a one day ban which is against the rules. This ban has been decided on already.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BanID: 12676  
Previous UBR: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=17407
Previous UBR (second UBR): http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=17702
Previous UBR (third UBR): http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=21703
3 year old ban.

It was denied in your previous UBR and I hardly see how what you did was acceptable at that time.
Many of the details here are lost with the age and absence of administrators long gone.
Also, this ban has been reviewed three times already. That ban will remain on your record.

As for the "Multiple account" ban, there's no way it's being removed. You have yourself under several circumstances not only informed about having several accounts you use to play on our servers, but you've also bragged about this. There's no secret that you've double-accounted on our servers, both ignoring our in-game rules and Terms of Service. Showing both disrespect towards the rules, TOS and the staff-team.

BanID 10978
Previous UBR: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=14890

Previous UBR was denied by the banning administrator. I don't see you presenting any evidence proving how the ban is invalid. 

BanID 5725:

Investigation pending.

Reading your UBR (as that's what it essentially is) I see that you're appealing old bans where words are your only evidence, why are you trying to have so many of these old bans removed and why should we believe your statements?

We're talking bans which are several years old and where evidence has disappeared with age. We cannot know 100% if you're telling the truth or lies, so why should we take the word from someone who was previously permabanned on the forum, and someone with the reputation that you have?

I'm afraid that I don't see why we're going to remove several of these old bans.

You're argumenting with how you're innocent and that the ban was a mistake, and there's nothing nor no-one to prove you wrong because the ban is simply so old. That doesn't mean that the UBR will go in your favor. I fail to see any real evidence to prove your innocence here. I'm hardly seeing any real evidence at all. With the title of your thread, you're claiming that these bans are either invalid or redundant but I really fail to see how this is (Ie banID 12676 where it was decided on 3 times).

With this thread, you make me wonder:

Are you ultimately attempting to appeal the bans so you can play on our servers again?

Quote:Please do understand that I am not trying to be unbanned, but rather have the many questionable if not wrong bans I have cleared off my record. I have provided a great deal of evidence for several of these bans, and if any bans need any more information, please feel free to ask for it.

Many of these bans have already been discussed in the courthouse and which have been denied. I fail to recognize the great deal of evidence that you claim you've given us. If you got any solid evidence to prove your innocence with these bans then please present them now.

Note: There's a difference between argumenting about the situation about a ban that's 3-4 years old and actual solid evidence. Don't mix "argumentation" and "evidence" up as these are two completely different things.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
10978 and 12676 were both declared undone at a latter date by the invoking adminstrator: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=44951
Quote:It was denied in your previous UBR and I hardly see how what you did was acceptable at that time.
What exactly did I do wrong? Civil protest is a civil protest. We never raided the government, instead we protested in the city street until the president actually gave in to our demands. He was later raided by a bunch of Corleones who were not related to us.
Quote: You have yourself under several circumstances not only informed about having several accounts you use to play on our servers, but you've also bragged about this.
Did I not mention that I told Killjoy the usernames that I was using so he could ban them, and never questioned him on it. Failing to see the problem here.

Quote:The banning administrator (Toby) explains in this UBR how he found your word-usage unacceptable and how you broke the rules. This ban is 4 years old and there's little point to argue with a ban that's this old. The banning administrator saw that you broke the rules and I don't see how this ban is valid. You simply broke the rule here.
I fail to see Toby's reasoning for said ban at the time, and still do. I told someone not to act like a cu*t if they don't want people to smite them. What's wrong with that statement?
And once again, I have mentioned several times that this is the reason as to why I want these bans removed from the record, because I'm not filing for an unban, but just to get some stuff removed from record that was otherwise pretty bad judgements.

And I'm getting bans off my record to of course play on the server again, but first of all I'm getting these crud bans off my record as they tend to give wrong information. My record is far from 13 bans, and whenever I try to talk about a possible unban request, it gets shot down on that, and that alone.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
(01-10-2015, 05:26 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 10978 and 12676 were both declared undone at a latter date by the invoking adminstrator: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=44951

You were cleared for another chance. The ban wasn't decided to be invalid, but you were given another chance. This ment that the ban-time was raised, but the ban would still remain on your record. That's why it wasn't removed. This is something you'll see happens to other bans as well.

The ban will remain.

Quote:It was denied in your previous UBR and I hardly see how what you did was acceptable at that time.
What exactly did I do wrong? Civil protest is a civil protest. We never raided the government, instead we protested in the city street until the president actually gave in to our demands. He was later raided by a bunch of Corleones who were not related to us.

Your UBR was denied 3 times. It's simply not negotiable. You already broke the courthouse rules when you made the third UBR for that ban, and you've broken the courthouse rules again by appealing it for the fourth time.

Quote: You have yourself under several circumstances not only informed about having several accounts you use to play on our servers, but you've also bragged about this.
Did I not mention that I told Killjoy the usernames that I was using so he could ban them, and never questioned him on it. Failing to see the problem here.

1. That doesn't hide the fact that you used several accounts to bypass bans to play on our server.

2. That doesn't hide the fact that you've bragged in later times that you still have accounts which aren't banned that you use to play on our servers with whenever you want to.
Sincerely, Enzyme
(01-10-2015, 05:26 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:
Quote:The banning administrator (Toby) explains in this UBR how he found your word-usage unacceptable and how you broke the rules. This ban is 4 years old and there's little point to argue with a ban that's this old. The banning administrator saw that you broke the rules and I don't see how this ban is valid. You simply broke the rule here.
I fail to see Toby's reasoning for said ban at the time, and still do. I told someone not to act like a cu*t if they don't want people to smite them. What's wrong with that statement?
And once again, I have mentioned several times that this is the reason as to why I want these bans removed from the record, because I'm not filing for an unban, but just to get some stuff removed from record that was otherwise pretty bad judgements.

And I'm getting bans off my record to of course play on the server again, but first of all I'm getting these crud bans off my record as they tend to give wrong information. My record is far from 13 bans, and whenever I try to talk about a possible unban request, it gets shot down on that, and that alone.

You still broke the rules when you used this word. Simple as that. The banning administrator found the ban valid, and so do I. You broke the rules at this time. Your tone towards the other player was insultive and unwanted. 

The reason why you get shot down when you want to discuss a possible UBR is because of the major rule-breakages, TOS breakages and attitude you've shown both towards Fearless and the staff-team. 
Sincerely, Enzyme
Case reviewed and concluded.

Closing notes:

All of these bans that you are contesting are from 2012 and or older. All most the whole entire staff was not even staff for this time period and you cannot expect the ones who were staff to remember every detail to each of your bans. As of right now the only thing we have to go off of is your word regarding these bans and with that being said, that is not enough for these all to be removed from your record.

I could do the same exact thing and make appeals for each of my old bans from 2011, but I do not expect say Flame to come on here and defend against a ban from that time period.

Denied.