Identity.
*sigh* 30$ in from me.
Whatever you do, never give money to one of the million kickstarters out there, it'll always result in a scam. Always.
(02-04-2015, 02:02 PM)Jan Wrote: Whatever you do, never give moneey to one of the million kickstarters out there, it'll always result in a scam. Always.

I beg to differ. Check out Video Game High School series by Freddie Wong. He made 3 seasons using kickstarter to collect money for the pre-production, production and post-production. Saying it's always a scam is a huge bullshit and it's very ignorant saying such.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Wood
(02-04-2015, 02:04 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 02:02 PM)Jan Wrote: Whatever you do, never give moneey to one of the million kickstarters out there, it'll always result in a scam. Always.
I beg to differ. Check out Video Game High School series by Freddie Wong. He made 3 seasons using kickstarter to collect money for the pre-production, production and post-production. Saying it's always a scam is a huge bullshit and it's very ignorant saying such.
Not really, I just find it stupid to see so many people are paying money as if they get what the developers promise, just look at the recent Early Acces games, they all seem kinda similar to kickstarter projects, promising amazing stuff but not delivering anything. Yes there are a very few projects that do turn out good, however I can safely say this isn't one of them, and that anyone backing up this project is wasting their money.
(02-04-2015, 02:13 PM)Jan Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 02:04 PM)Floodify Wrote:
Not really, I just find it stupid to see so many people are paying money as if they get what the developers promise, just look at the recent Early Acces games, they all seem kinda similar to kickstarter projects, promising amazing stuff but not delivering anything. Yes there are a very few projects that do turn out good, however I can safely say this isn't one of them, and that anyone backing up this project is wasting their money.
Although I don't agree that "it'll always result in a scam", I'm with Jan on this one. 

Sure, you may be able to name a few successful (by that I mean actually good) games, funded with Kickstarter, but they're probably on a lot smaller scale or developed by experienced studios. This game is an incredibly, incredibly large project and the studio behind have no games in their portfolio. 

I won't be paying a single dime to this Kickstarter either.
I'll just wait until it comes out (if, of course, it does get finished).
Until then, good luck to the devs.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
I couldn't disagree with you even more, not all kickstarters are "scams". I honestly believe this will be created, their other project "Atlas Life" which is one of ARMAs biggest mod is enough proof that these guys can do it. It isn't an early access you're buying into, they only plan to run a BETA and this is just a few months before the actual one is released.

I've personally spoken to the devs about Identity, and trust me, it will happen.
Kind Regards,
Wood.