Identity.
(01-09-2015, 07:02 AM)Wood Wrote: They want 150k for what? Surely that's going to cost far more?
Yeah, that is one of my three big bug bears
1. Price, 150k is nowhere near enough
2. open world MMORPG is the hardest shit you can do right
3. Not enough screenshots of in game things (No GUI, HUD, anything at the moment)
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
(01-09-2015, 07:02 AM)Wood Wrote: They want 150k for what? Surely that's going to cost far more?

Looking at the video they have already got this far with money from their own pocket/arma servers.

Also here, read bottom up.

1. @BL - Sorry, I'll try to be a little more clear! Should we reach our goal of $150,000 here on Kickstarter, that won't be enough to develop the entire game but it will be what we need to begin fulltime development immediately. We have a few publishers who we're talking with now who can carry us the rest of the way, but ideally we'd love to be able to continue funding the project from crowd funding as it would give us more control.You're doing both, really. By backing us here and now you're getting the ball rolling and giving us everything we need to continue to completion.I'm confused. Under Risks in your project description, you clearly write, "Should we meet our goal here on Kickstarter, we'll have everything we need to ensure that Identity gets completed."Yet, here in a comment below, you state: " Identity will take a whole lot more than $150,000 to produce, but this will most definitely get the ball rolling."Am I backing a game to completion or a rolling ball
I honestly dough it at the moment, it's a really cool idea but can these guys make it happen? If they can then hats off to them but it's a risk.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Its kickstarter. A lot of games will look like they'll become one of the best games ever on that website. "Amazing screenshots", "promised features who are cool as hell" and "weekly updates from the developer himself!". In the end its all a salespitch to get as much money possible and the promises remain unfullfilled.

Ive lost my trust in kickstarter and will happily let them cash full price for this game when its actually done.
(01-09-2015, 12:26 PM)Baskingner Wrote: Its kickstarter. A lot of games will look like they'll become one of the best games ever on that website. "Amazing screenshots", "promised features who are cool as hell" and "weekly updates from the developer himself!". In the end its all a salespitch to get as much money possible and the promises remain unfullfilled.

Ive lost my trust in kickstarter and will happily let them cash full price for this game when its actually done.

Even though some games have done it in the past, built up trust and ran away.
This guys seem legit, Even though they own 4 of arma 3 biggest servers, there is always a chance they could run away with the money.
I know I will be buying into the beta if the target gets reached, but I don't know does look amazing. And as for people saying 150k isn't enough it's only a small studio so it's not like they are paying 100's of people wages like bigger studios, and the developers being mostly modders by the looks I doubt they will be needing to pay licensing for using content.

Truthfully you can make a game without spending a penny, with 150kCAD I would be surprised if they didn't finish under budget. I just hope they don't do a Ubisoft and not give what they promised or make a game that barely runs with any fps or at all. Either way it will be amazing or utter shite.
Name change from: EvoluTion

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:42960010&b=2]
Without me you would be a monkey! #Luv-Corie
The images shown were not even made by them, they bought them.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I'm just going to wait for now...

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(01-12-2015, 08:18 AM)Wood Wrote: The images shown were not even made by them, they bought them.

I was noticing that too; at the bottom of the video it says they're art placeholders, more than likely everything you see now will be replaced. With this team not having the experience of creating a full game on UE4 you might want to wait on boarding the hype train.
(01-12-2015, 06:58 AM)ProbablyAGamer Wrote: I know I will be buying into the beta if the target gets reached, but I don't know does look amazing. And as for people saying 150k isn't enough it's only a small studio so it's not like they are paying 100's of people wages like bigger studios, and the developers being mostly modders by the looks I doubt they will be needing to pay licensing for using content.

Truthfully you can make a game without spending a penny, with 150kCAD I would be surprised if they didn't finish under budget. I just hope they don't do a Ubisoft and not give what they promised or make a game that barely runs with any fps or at all. Either way it will be amazing or utter shite.

They say themselves on that page that the $150k is only enough to just begin production.

"Sorry, I'll try to be a little more clear! Should we reach our goal of $150,000 here on Kickstarter, that won't be enough to develop the entire game but it will be what we need to begin fulltime development immediately. We have a few publishers who we're talking with now who can carry us the rest of the way, but ideally we'd love to be able to continue funding the project from crowd funding as it would give us more control."

So they don't actually have a publisher yet and there's a chance that they won't get one to finish the game.

As for licensing, of course they need it. This isn't a game mod, this is a full game which they are commercially releasing.
Unreal are quite nice, you only pay them 5% of what you earn from the game created with their engine. However any additional software such as 3DS Max costs around $3,750 per commercial license.