Warning: Possible virus-spreaders through steam!
I dont know if this is the right place to post it... Please move it if its not.
So, I was playing some TF2 today, when I got a friend request from a guy named "\u05d8LtY".
Just the name made me think "Hm... Virus?". I accepted him, and asked "Who are you?"
Well, you can check the picture:
[Image: GaeXRq1.png]
I didnt want to click on the link, as I didnt want to risk my computer. So, I tried to invite him to a trade.
For some reason, it tells you that "this person cannot trade". Dont ask me why.
He is not responding when I am asking him about things. Another thing: It didnt tell me he was writing when he sent me the long message.
Again, it could be a person spreading a virus? Who knows?
This must be like the 5th thread, this link has been going around for months now, you're lucky you have only just seen it.

Thanks for your concerns though.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • GRiiM
Thanks for the warning!
(12-26-2014, 06:34 PM)Jan Wrote: This must be like the 5th thread, this link has been going around for months now, you're lucky you have only just seen it.

Thanks for your concerns though.

Woops, didnt realize this, as I couldnt find any results on that kind. Well, I have never gotten the "WTF dude" thing which was pretty popular at some point...
Oh well, I still hope I saved a few computers' lifes.
Yep, ran it on my android, gets a .scr file then an imgur link of a m4a1 skin for trading
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b79c8.../analysis/

That's the analysis of the file
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
Appreciate your concern
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Never click links from people you don't know/trust. Trading can be quite dangerous sometimes.
I don't think of trading to be dangerous.

I'd rather say it requires more brain than a ten years old to trade. Seriously it's pretty easy.
Stay on the steam trading system if they have been reported for scamming do not trade them. If they offer you shit over Paypal and stuff like that don't accept it. Not to mention a offer that just sounds too good to be true.

Just don't..
Indeed, I actually know what software people use for this as I saw it on the Leak Forums the other day. It can be used via php, or just a java script that'll DL on people clicking the link and it'll send all the TF2 items, or CS:GO items to a certain person (most likely the guys account you met) which is almost 100% just a holding account and that'd be why you couldn't trade with him. He'll then pass the items onto another account, or just sell them on websites like hack forums and Leak Forums.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Scary shit
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.