Unban Request - Chocbar98
Your name: Chocbar98

Your ban ID: 57083

Banned by: [FL] Sir Crow

Reason: BRA (55763) - Random demoting

Involved: Rushlive, Flinger5000, [FL] Sir Crow

Why we should unban you: I would like to appeal my Ban Request, upon the grounds that I feel my ban was interpreted incorrectly by [FL] Sir Crow when reviewing my Ban Request.

Firstly, I had issued strict orders to the police force to not engage the rebels, whom were leaving the Nexus after they had raided and killed the last President, hence the raid being over. Upon leaving the Nexus, an unknown Security Guard began shooting the rebels (exiting via the garage) from the Bank of America. Following this, the entire police force began to engage the rebel forces, in complete disregard towards my strict orders to not engage. I find this a firm, valid reason to demote the Police Force, who were involved on the grounds of 'Incompetence, not following orders' (not word for word). I was leaving in the same elevator with the rebels, hence I witnessed the majority of the police force shooting and killing the rebels, regardless of my orders.

As President at the time, I felt that if the police force could not comply with orders, I did not want them, thus providing a firm, sufficient reason to demote them.

Secondly, [FL] Sircrow in his closing notes, stated that:

'Evidence was deemed sufficient, as accused player was found violating rules regarding Random demoting.'

With all due respect, I was unable to cite a single rule regarding random demoting. (If it could be clarified with the rule cited as evidence, it would be very much appreciated.) Although, I do understand that random demoting ruins other people's RP experiences, and could be possibly categorized under FailRP. Regardless, my motives for demotion had reason and did not infringe on any clarified rules.

Thirdly, the prosecutor in my ban request, Rushlive had dropped their charges at 07:44pm, quote:

'I have decided to put down my charges.'

[FL] SirCrow had responded at 11:56PM, more than 4 hours after RushLive has dropped his charges.

It would be appreciated if my unban request could be considered or clear, cited rules regarding my infringement.
It falls under the short paragraph above the rules-Something along the lines of use common sense and don't do questionable things.

Demoting an entire police force because the previous president failed to hire a security team is insane. As stated in the ban request, it's not the police's job to protect the president, nor is it the SRU's.

Evidence was brought to the administrative team regarding rule violations. Rules had been broken, the accused player was punished.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
I understand the statement in the rules section: '
Quote:It's almost impossible to cover every single detail with rules, so we expect that you use your common sense and won't do questionable things or search for loopholes.
However, I felt that my actions were reasonable, due to the fact that they disobeyed a direct order, not to shoot the rebels whom were leaving the Nexus. 

I also understand that it is not the Police's primary role to protect the President. (I thought different of SRU, possibly due to other interpretations)

Since the majority of the police force began engaging the rebels when leaving the Nexus, utters incompetence on their behalf.

I used the fact of failing to defend the last Government, as further reinforcement of their incompetence, however this has likely caused ambiguity. I would like to firmly clarify that the primary reason that caused me to demote the police force, was their clear disobedience and complete disregard towards both radio and broadcasts stating that the rebels were not to be engaged.

Again, this reasoning caused my to demote the Police Force (which was later reformed with more obedient officers), thus I can say with complete confidence that my actions were not 'questionable' and were within the bounds of 'common sense'.
If a security guard started shooting at the rebels, it's very likely the rebels started shooting back.

Have a group of people running around with guns shooting, and you want the police to sit there and watch, doing absolutely nothing? That's ridiculous.

You said the majority of the police force started shooting, so you demote every player for doing their job, which is protecting the citizens of Evocity.
Appeal reviewed and denied.

Closing notes:
Suspension for accused player will stand as issued.
Player was given adequate time to respond, failure to do so shows no further interest in this case.

[FL] Sir Crow
Server Administrative Team