Appealing a Ban from my record
Your name: Rolorox

Your ban ID: 32977

Banned by: [FL] Killjoy Currently just Killjoy

Reason: Prop spam, attempted propkilling, disrupting others

Involved: Weecow, Pavilion, TedInternationalLover, and a few others Roleplaying with us.

Why we should unban you: 

After discussing it with multiple administration and a good majority of the team, I have decided to try and get this ban removed from my record. I feel at the time of this ban it was not discussed enough, only one point of view was taken into account and all others seemed to be shrugged aside. This point of view didn't seem to have to many facts or proof behind them, in this case specifically what little proof there was, was neither shown or brought up to me. As well as a minimal effort to communicate with myself or explain the situation. I was accused of a lot I didn't do and in the end it felt like the only people against me and wanting this ban was the admin that banned me and another that may have been bias in agreement. 

Yes this ban is old but I did appeal it after it happened and I feel that not only was the response I got drawn out but it was never concise or based on proof. It took at least over a week for the appeal to be finished and even at the end no evidence or proof of any kind was provided to why the ban was a necessary action.

I hope that staff that were there when this happened and a more fresh unbiased team can take a look at the old unban request as well as if possible each persons recollection of the event and understand  that while I do think it was a harsh ban, I more so think it was uncalled for and really made with no discussion and practically no proof.

This is the first unban request I made
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=33009

Thank you for taking the time to look this over, It may just be "1 ban" to some. But as someone who changed their whole person after this happened, and has since not been banned once let alone engaged in any sort of rule breaking activity, and mostly stayed away from aggressive play in total, I would just like to have it looked over. It would just make me happy if it was looked at again, I just hope it doesn't cause any problems. I know it has been awhile but It would be nice to start fresh now that I am back!
You did violate the rules back then, so there's no real reason for this to be removed.
(12-16-2014, 05:41 PM)Killjoy Wrote: You did violate the rules back then, so there's no real reason for this to be removed.
I made this appeal so that staff could take another look at the evidence provided because I believe there was non. So please do not be so quick to shut this down, I just want to have a discussion as adults and lovers,members of this community. There was no real rule I broke and the closes thing I did was prop spam, but if you were to actually look at the logs to see when I spawned each prop and had any other proof then just a picture of after I had spawned the fountains you would know that I in fact did not spam the props, and other than the point that yes it might be weird to have spawned about 10 fountains (the exact number I can not tell you) I did not break a rule seeing as it was in a building, in my own roleplay with other people that I was roleplaying with which saw nothing I was doing as abusive, obstructive or aggressive. 
Please just take the time to look over what was previously stated.
We do not have any logs that I can go look into from 18 months ago.

All I have to go off of is memory and what I remember off this case is you spawned over 10 fountains which is spamming in my book.

So I see this as valid unless you have different evidence from this case.
You we're propspamming, at one point you even admitted to it, the one witness from your side tried to justified your actions by calling it "only a little" propspam. Rules broken? Yes. Appropriate disciplinary issued? I very well believe so. Reason for 'cleaning' record? None, other than your possible political agenda.

Everybody makes mistakes and we all have to learn to live with them. So far, it seems the only thing you've learned from your mistake is you're better off denying and hiding it. Despite popular opinion, I never knew or had any emotional affections to the people I had to penalize. Any attempts to advocate my office as corrupt should be followed by evidence, since honestly - what would I gain from banning you.
Possible political agenda? Talking to Freezak again? I don't appreciate the assumptions you guys are making for my reason. I gave a reason, to start of fresh with my return to the server. The one that said "the only thing he is guilty of is a light prop spam which was deleted right after" was Atrades who if you did have any discussion about the issue you would have known was not only not there at the time this happened but had nothing to do with the ban at all, he just wanted to defend me but what he should should have been deleted for not being involved and should not have been taken into account.

About the "Freezak" thing, I find it weird that he messages me after putting this up harassing me, and telling me he was going to talk to you about it as soon as he could. He shouldn't be getting involved. 

I have no new proof, the point I am making is that there was never any old proof, and the only discussion was one stated that one of the admins, I think Termin, came into the teamspeak channel I was in, and without context asked me why I had spawned multiple fountains, to which I gave no serious answer because he gave no explanation for the reason he was asking.

Again about the spawning of 10 fountains which I said is the amount I spawned all though people accused me of many different amounts, I spawned them not on after another in a spamming fashion, but instead made a conscious effort to make sure I did not spawn them on eachother or onto another player. This so called "attempted propkill" was because Weecow was busy talking in steam chat and came back to see one fall and hit (but not kill) Verzyn which was because it was spawned a little to close to another but every other person understood that it was not meant to harm. 

The biggest point I am trying to make is how is it fair that Weecow saying I did something has more credibility that around 4 other people saying the opposite as well Weecow stated it was a misunderstanding on his part and reneged on his own statement of possible ban worthy action he first "assumed" I was doing. This entire ban was based on an assumption and unlike practically every other ban was not discussed and a conclusion was jumped to based off of little to no evidence. 
(12-16-2014, 09:15 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Everybody makes mistakes and we all have to learn to live with them. So far, it seems the only thing you've learned from your mistake is you're better off denying and hiding it. Despite popular opinion, I never knew or had any emotional affections to the people I had to penalize. Any attempts to advocate my office as corrupt should be followed by evidence, since honestly - what would I gain from banning you.

That is another thing I don't understand. From what I was told and heard it was not "popular opinion", I have never denied what I did I explained it and it seemed you denied listening to the popular opinion. I am not attacking you but the popular opinion was not against me and the ban was never given a proper conclusion. Just denied once It was almost over. You gain nothing from banning me, I doubt it was personal and neither is this, It is why I want the evidence reviewed because I just believe truly that it was not a proper investigation and the ban was not warranted in context. Which all I am hearing is the fact that I spawned 10 fountains being thrown at me out of context. It could have been 10 anything but the fact that it is fountains is what everyone is using as an argument. 
I can assure you Rolorox, I have not been conspiring against yourself with any former or current staff members regarding what I have to say on this appeal.

Also, disciplinary actions are not issued based on popularity, so can we keep that aside the table? I still rest my case based on the UBR ruleset,
Quote:4. Do not write an unban request if you know you broke the rules.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=10
I'm going to be completely honest and straight to the point. I was a witness, I remember you spawning several fountains in the cubs, and several of them ended up leaking outside. I don't think you have any negative intention, but it's not disputable that you prop-spammed fountains.
Thank you Vauld all though I can not recall them spilling out of the building especially due to the fact that the location I was spawning them was not close to the door, I would just like to state that an official definition of prop spam could not be found, there seems to be nothing on the forums and I couldn't find one else where. But of what I did find people defined it as "spawning many props with intent on crashing the server". Also just being a part of fearless for a long time I would say it is also "spawning many props in public for minging reasons". In context of this event I would say that there was no intent to minge or crash the server, as well although 10 of the same prop, not an unrealistic amount. Also spam implies I spawned one after another in quick succession when in fact as previously stated I made an effort to make sure that no 2 fountains were spawned on each other, I realistically spawned them just to take up room, not cause a mess or server issues, as well this took place inside a locked building I was currently building a roleplay in. I do not deny it was silly and childish but I do not think in context it qualifies as prop spam. 

I was careful and had no negative motive. It was even joked that spawning all these fountains "added" to the roleplay. Now it is apparent that the only looming accusation is the prop spam, I feel it is safe to assume that attempted propkill and disturbing others were not rightful accusations. and that we are only sitting on the fact that you believe it was prop spam.

I can assure you Rolorox, I have not been conspiring against yourself with any former or current staff members regarding what I have to say on this appeal.

Also, disciplinary actions are not issued based on popularity, so can we keep that aside the table? I still rest my case based on the UBR ruleset, 

Quote: Wrote:4. Do not write an unban request if you know you broke the rules.

Now in terms of this I know you are not "conspiring against me" but I find it troubling that still to this day we have not talked one on one about this, it has always been through someone else. Always someone coming to ask questions. 

You say actions are not based on popularity but that is not the point I was making, having someone tell you their side of the story should not be construed to merely a friend having my back to dodge a ban, it was not because of my popularity that they gave their story and that Weecow reneged on his, it was because it was the honest truth, I did not persuade their words.

Also and this is the biggest problem, you stated rule 4 of the UBR Ruleset. Yet the point I am making is I was not informed I broke a rule until I was banned without investigation. To which you might respond "spawning 10 fountains in a row, thats obviously breaking the rules" but in this context (which I can't stress enough) and the fact that I did not spam them but made a conscious effort to move placement between spawning of the props I would be unaware that it would be classified as prop spam to a certain party, which the  only reason it was deemed as such was because of a still picture showing multiple props, not video, not timed logs showing them being spawned instantly after one another but a picture.

The point is I believe it was a harsh unwarranted ban because it was not discussed and without context. Anyone including yourself or Vauld could have just as easily said "look you spawned 10 fountains, this could be seen as prop spam".

Obviously you could bring up General Rule 5. Listen to an admin's Decisions, they are non-negotiable. But I just want justice based on fact and evidence. My respect for the administration is higher than you may think, but in this case I feel there just wasn't enough grounds to warrant a ban without consideration or explanation. Whenever there is a ban someone has to explain the scenario so that it can be seen as abusive or rule breaking and not just a misunderstanding.
This happened with a previous ban I had from Jamie, where a video someone took of me was edited to make it look like I was breaking rules. It is the same case. You can say someone spawning 10 fountains is prop spam if you just look at the picture. But other than being an idiot. I can not see how I broke a rule worth a ban, let alone all three of those reasons resulting in a ban lasting almost a month.

Again as I feel I must reiterate for the masses. I am doing this purely as a cleanse to start fresh, I have wanted to appeal this from the beginning although after the first failed attempt I did not want to try again until anger no longer clouded my judgement or reasoning.

If it is agreed upon that it is undeniable that I indeed broke a rule and the ban is appropriate for the scenario. Then I will not argue, but I am just fighting for my right for the facts and its the whole reason this courthouse was made.

Hopefully no hard feelings will come from this. I do it out of honest and total respect for this community and its staff.