SRU RP Style Change.
Having seen how SRU or Swat operate in the real world due to taking a secondary course in Criminology  , I would like to discuss the issue of how the RP style needs to change.  In theory,  almost every situation that SRU and/or SWAT are called out to.  There is a protocall needed to be followed.  

1: Setting up a perimeter
2: Clearing Civilians
3: Contact 
4: Negotiations 
5:Tactics
6: Entry
7:Contaimment

I would like to try and get SRU and all RPs involving opposing the SRU to follow this format,  creating a greater RP situation for everyone.  
Its not a requirement for them to do this, but often times I see them try.

A huge problem with even attempting this kind of detailed situation is on FL, we just dont have the tools, equipment, or systems in place to actualy facilitate it properly.

Police/Civs cannot grab and move people, we cannot move ragdolled people, we have no proper wounded medical system for those shot, who fell from to high etc. We lack any real non lethal deterants such as batons and the like minus a very buggy tazer.

Overall its just not pheasable in most situations to actualy do this in detail.

Though when it works, it is glorious to see, but these moments are far and few between.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • Von Tempski
Its just kind of boring going in guns blazing all of the time. We can at least try to do some of these. Making contact, negotiations so on, so forth
I'm actually writing a guide for the SRU, for the RP guide section.
Hopefully people will start to understand that the SRU are not the bloody NDS or president's personal body guard...

The following 1 user Likes Safira's post:
  • Bowiii
I find 9/10 times, a good SRU team does this anway.

I have dupes I put down for perimeter and control etc.