Poll: Would you like to see new weapons on CityRP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
90.32%
112 90.32%
No
9.68%
12 9.68%
Total 124 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Weapons.
Awesome news! Great work Smile.
I would just like to add this in.

I am all for these guns being added in but what I can see coming out of this is the removal of third person shooting also. Why? Because people are going to use this adding of new weapons that can have attachments as an excuse to remove third person shooting.
(12-07-2014, 08:22 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: I would just like to add this in.

I am all for these guns being added in but what I can see coming out of this is the removal of third person shooting also. Why? Because people are going to use this adding of new weapons that can have attachments as an excuse to remove third person shooting.

I doubt it, you've seen the votes right? It's not going to happen, it's just changing the weapon models and adding some little features to it. 
(12-07-2014, 08:22 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: I would just like to add this in.

What it might cause is that people automatically start using first person more when it comes to gunfights because it'll be more fun, immersive and just more... well.. It'll make sense.

Having gun-fights in that old weapon-pack of ours was blerugh, bad animations, horrible iron-sights and horrible recoil+smoke effects.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • Bowiii
Lets just wait and see what happens ghostk1ller. What if the new weapons are more fun in 1st person? I suggest keeping 3rd person unrestricted in the beginning but it would only be fair if everyone can reconsider their vote regarding 3rd person because of this major adjustment.
Great to see new weapons that don't glitch, but with the whole third person debate I actually prefer first person shooting even now third person is just complicated and annoying to use.
So how many of the firearms are being added by the way? Considering I'm learning modeling, I'd like to know if I could somehow model the Luty, Wombat, and Holmes machine pistols.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
We're not changing the numbers of firearms. We have 20 currently, but all 20, with the exception of the tommy gun, will be replaced with new guns, and the tommy gun will be updated.

I've been handling most of the weapons selection and tweaking, alongside my fellow staff, so I can assure you we have some really nice picks. They're more balanced and more varied. One or two long-term players have had a look too, to ensure things are ok, and hopefully soon I'll reveal the list to you all.

Due to the addition of the modifications system, third-person in weapons likely will be disabled otherwise it would be possible to gain an unfair advantage over those who use aiming mods by using third-person, which can make aiming far easier, especially as it snaps to target. Before everyone could do that, but now that some people will be paying for mods third-person will likely be restricted. There'll be some testing prior to disabling it, but if things are still as overly advantageous then it will have to go.
The following 4 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Preditor, Nevy, Bowiii, Smex
So the poll which clearly states that more people want third person for guns doesn't even matter?
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Suarez
(12-08-2014, 06:50 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: So the poll which clearly states that more people want third person for guns doesn't even matter?

You would sacrifice the entire new system and updates to the weapons, just to be able to third person in an obsolete buggy weapons system?

The new weapons are more or less not compatible with this type of gameplay, they were designed entirely for the first person. Many of those who voted did not want to get rid of third person unless a new system was brought in place to replace the buggy first person system, of which we now have.

Weighing the two options, "New weapons system that will lead to more content and updates but lacking third person combat" or "Keep the old system to retain third person combat retaining the outdated weapons system" the choice is fairly clear.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 2 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Bowiii, Obay