Poll: Would you like to see new weapons on CityRP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
90.32%
112 90.32%
No
9.68%
12 9.68%
Total 124 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Weapons.
And Some car replacements like a new ambulance
Mexico is not safe
I've always been a major supporter of new weapons, especially with addons (money-sink) and semi/full-auto versions (money-sink and RP). No matter how much I may push for passiveRP, the fact is that weapons are a huge part of FL. We have two allied police forces (police and SRU), two non-allied criminal forces, and a security job, all of which implies weapons usage. Combined that is 25 job slots which imply the usage of weapons. 50% of our server space. So no matter what people may claim, at least 50% of our server is likely to be using weapons at any one time, making a weapons update a huge priority imo.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Jonesy, Sleepy Knight 生活
I really like the idea of updating the current weapon system.

FA:S (the one with attachments) is a good pack that can provide a new market, a great cash sink as well as make combat enjoyable in first person and even third person. I hope we can see some major improvements to the weapon system as I agree with Faustie that it is a priority.
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • BlackForestAdam
Pro's and Con's of new weapon pack:

Pro's:
- Nicer graphics to stay up to par with the new vehicles we've added.
- New content for old and new players
- Higher quality feel of the gamemode
- Higher immersion with proper weapon-handling
- New and better animations
- Happy admin team
- Happy player base
- Money pool (Weapons attachments)
- Better performance by removing issues related to the current weapon-pack that we're using (The lagg from all the effects)
- Makes first person while using guns better and the transition to first-person only easier (if we decided to remove third person with guns).

Con's:

- More content for the players to download (But as the poll showed, this isn't an issue)
- More focus towards aggressive RP

I rest my case

[Image: Drop-the-mic.gif]
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 9 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Sleepy Knight 生活, Jonesy, BlackDog, SirCrow, Smex, Obay, Sgtbender2000, James_Gaff, Craz
That's why I posted a suggestion when wanting to update the weapon models.
FAS:2 would be an amazing addon, it already includes a modificatin system for weapons, includes updated versions of nearly every weapon on FL, AND includes a personal medkit system which could also be added to replace our current medkit system, which can be used on yourself or other players opening up true medical RPs and field medic operations.

Obviously leave out things like the grenades and launchers since we dont need those.

Varrying levels of equipment upgrades give higher prices than others, which is a money sink to help slim out the economy.

The SKS in FAS2 for example:

The sheer amount of attachments for this weapon would sink quite a bit of cash if the owner died while useing it "I suggest we make attachments not save on death but the default weapon would still drop"

It can have a 20rnd Mag, 30nd Mag, multiple scope types, silencers, each with varrious changes to the weapons stats itself, depending on how its priced say a 10k weapon could become a 40k cash sink in attachments alone, ontop of regular ammo costs.

On a side note FAS2 also has a very light weapon experience system where the more you use it, the better you are at it until you die.

This would give way to a true reason for having a fireing range, practiceing with weapons to learn how they operate and just eventualy getting better with them, which also in turn acts as a cash sink for the increased amount of ammo used at these ranges.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 5 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Nevy, Smex, Obay, Craz, Haarek
Fearless must evolve with the times, Im all for it.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
New weapons have been "talked about" for the past few years, and as far as I am aware it simply was let go. FL really needs new improvements all over the place, and new guns is the place to start. Also, FL really needs to buff the guns. I understand that you want to create a more passive environment by making guns not as powerful, however taking a single magazine to kill somebody is not the way to do it. Nerfing the accurate and buffing damage is an excellent alternative to the predicament, as accuracy is not easily achieved like you can achieve in FL to date.

TLDR New guns, buff damage, nerf accuracy.
The poll explains itself.
The weapons are beautiful.
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
What will happen to the weapons in our current inventory? Will they just be swapped out (Ex: My 14 M4A1s will just be swapped with 14 new M4A1s) or will all my guns be deleted, and I will have to start over? And what about weapons that we have in CS:S that are not in the FA:S weapons? I think weapons such as the USP are not there, but in this case, what will happen? I heavily support getting new weapons, but there are still plenty of things that need to be worked out. It's not just "Meh, I'm bored of the new weapons. Let's get new ones". It requires more. If we can work all this out, then for sure, this will be great!
Credits to Raptor for the signature!
Click here to rep me!