De-accept the third person suggestion
I strongly beleive the topic should be reopened, and a poll started and this decision be solely based on the people of fearlessRP voting yes or no to keep third person. This is not a topic that can be finished in one day. Please re-open it.
(12-02-2014, 08:54 PM)Sgtbender2000 Wrote: I don't use FP because the particle affect from the shot causes lag and blocks my vision.

This sums up my opinion, if something could be found that replaces the current weapons with ones that won't cause first person, I'd be all for removing 3rd person with weapons, but for now it would be something that would put me off doing some RPs as I wouldn't have a device capable of having an even fight.
Now, pardon me if I completely got lost in the pointless arguing that has been going on for pages (which won't happen again, right?), but I got the impression that third person would be removed for combat only.
The following 2 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • General Rickets, Nevy
(12-02-2014, 10:41 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: Now, pardon me if I completely got lost in the pointless arguing that has been going on for pages (which won't happen again, right?), but I got the impression that third person would be removed for combat only.

Still don't get it why people are complaining now, it's their choice to play in first person or third person, everyone has their way of playing. It wouldn't be there to use in the first place.
I've been using 3rd person since I was a wee little fearless gamer, that was close to 2800 hours ago. I enjoy watching my character move and 3rd person is unique. Removing even just for combat reasons is HIGHLY upsetting. I love 3rd person, watching from behind my guy as he fires is just breathtaking. 
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub
The following 4 users Like Grub's post:
  • Sleepy Knight 生活, Venom, aviator, Wood
(12-02-2014, 10:49 PM)Grub Wrote: I've been using 3rd person since I was a wee little fearless gamer, that was close to 2800 hours ago. I enjoy watching my character move and 3rd person is unique. Removing even just for combat reasons is HIGHLY upsetting. I love 3rd person, watching from behind my guy as he fires is just breathtaking. 

Standing on duty in 3rd person is just cool, end of story :3
The following 1 user Likes Sleepy Knight 生活's post:
  • Grub
Yeah, grub is so used to watching (his) guys from behind now!

Overall I really just think it's bad to remove it. I'd rather see it being optimized rather than removed.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Sleepy Knight 生活, Grub
Lookit, if you're gonna remove our third person atleast give us some well textured guns, because many of them you cant even aim down sight in first person. (famas) etc.
A new weapon pack would very much be appreciated on fearless in which most of the fearless community agree upon and would furthermore benefit the removal of third person weaponary use, something like FA:S would be extremely nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New weapons won't change the way third person works. Also it's a RP server that benefits from passive RP. Cool guns with skins is nice for a deathmatch gamemode but not a requirement for a roleplay server with intends to not stimulate aggressive RP too much.

I think it will be a big loss removing the third person view when using a weapon. First of all it will be annoying to keep switching from view when you equip and holster a weapon. Secondly the view of your character holding the gun and doing the shooting is a nice effect. Some prefer the first person view and some the third person view, that's why this addons was one of the best added.

I respect opinions of both sides but I do have this question to those who wants the third person view removed:
If you think it gives an unfair advantage, why you don't use third person yourself to benefit this advantage?

My decision would be to keep it.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Jan, Nacreas, Grub