Rant about RP
Hell ladies and gentlemen, now the reason i have decided to make this post is for a few reasons one being to get something off my chest which has gotten me pretty made recently and also hopefully able to spark a discussion.

So recently me and a friend decided to create a Mafia RP, the difference with this was to achieve more in-depth opportunities for players to interact with us and to be honest it couldn't have gone any better until today. So we started of as two with a similar goal in mind, to make the best Mafia in the city that doesn't just raid and farm but to have a good rp in the blood lines.

We build a great hotel in the tides it was open to all who would like to see it, customers could rent rooms and do as they please allowing the Mafia to make sure their privacy and sometimes devious deeds remained a secret (let me assure you it was never a base, we never farmed contra at all and was pure RP) the first few times where bumpy as out hotel didn't look too amazing but over time it became better and with that good people began to take interest. We started having different customers come in, some simply staying the night while others become a permanent resident the most memorable one was a couple who shared a room and would take victims in to perform acts of crime (kind of like a serial killer couple) we knew of coarse, but we respected each others privacy and business and a good bond started to grow, unaware the Corleones had come to have a meeting with us to discuss a partnership alas that went sour and started our first rivalry. When they first arrived in force me and my partner thought we where out gunned 2-6 but we where ready to defend our turf, when it went down little did we know the residents of our hotel picked up arms and helped drive them back... i will always remember one of them said "we have each others backs, we are a family now." that's when we got our first member of the Mafia and our first two close friends to the family too.

As time passed we had to use our brain to help defeat our new sworn enemies this resulted in us manipulating the police and government to defend us in times of need under the disguise of an innocent hotel, but underneath was this small organisation of criminals it was amazing, we eventually won and put the gang into submission after kidnapping a rival member and interrogating them and sending a message.

Now that is just one of the few stories we have got from RPing as a hotel Mafia yesterday we became part of a Breaking bad rp where we helped the meth dealers smuggle goods in and out while avoiding DEA and also capturing one of the agents. My issue is when someone comes around and spoils the entire thing, and how people ignore this issue it makes me feel there is so much potential but it gets destroyed by people who complain over the smallest thing to high up in the food chain where they ignore some issues.

So this is the part where my questions begin to arise and im pretty sure some people will stomp it out instantly but please give it some thought.

Today we where attacked by the rebels and they beat us fair and square but one of us managed to stay alive so we could continue a rivalry without breaking NLR. we kidnapped a rebel and took him to our hotel in the private room upstairs where out torture equipment was, the rebel was a good sport and played along but as soon as we began RPing the police ran in and started a firefight, they wallbanged us and reported us for basing. So as any admin would they came and investigated i wont mention who as this is not personal but more of a common thing, so the admin came started questioning us about the whole "base" stuff, we eventually proved it was not and was a mafia rp yet we came under heavy scrutiny saying that it draws too mutch fighting ect, but what do you expect from a mafia rp? I tried to raise the issue of the police wall banging and the admin completely ignored it and said he was only there for the base complaint.

Now i feel this is very one sided and im sure people have felt the same, when you get punished for something yet the other party who did worse get ignored, it feels like who ever cries the loudest gets to punish the quieter ones without any time for them to stick up for them selves and it usually has to do with police.

Now another thing i want to discuss is why when a great rp experience sets alight it gets stomped out because of one person crying, how people refuse to allow something fun and action packed at the same time to be cut off due to it not being so "passive"
now i understand that people may not like fights here and there and would like to have a calm rp which is perfect, but why can people not accept a rich story if it involves a little bit of conflict and rivalry.

Anyway my heads going to mush so il let my friend finish the rest of what im saying off (samzo) but yeh this is just a rant.

SCREEN SHOTS: (they are links to the screenshots dont worry)
http://puu.sh/dnM5c/86a4f97da9.jpg
http://puu.sh/dnM9E/2c8b42fc8c.jpg
http://puu.sh/dnMbV/b060394b0b.jpg
http://puu.sh/dnMeP/527504cce4.jpg
http://puu.sh/dnMgP/03f0104cd0.jpg
The following 1 user Likes CheekiBreeki's post:
  • Falc
Your RP was fantastic, me and Moxew were the method guys. Mark was the DEA agent and I can say your RPIng skills were very, very good.
The following 2 users Like livkx's post:
  • CheekiBreeki, Falc
(12-09-2014, 06:38 PM)CapybaraZech Wrote: Your RP was fantastic, me and Moxew were the method guys. Mark was the DEA agent and I can say your RPIng skills were very, very good.

Yeh man was awesome to do that with you guys!
Rented a room, was great!
Too bad I couldn't be more attentive as I had to respond to @ calls at the time, anyway good RP guys!
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 2 users Like dig's post:
  • CheekiBreeki, Falc
I personally thought this RP has been going well. We have done it for 3 days running now and we always have full rooms. We don't charge anything for the rooms because we enjoy the RP. Everything is free. It has been passive since we started. Unlike today which was different because rebels ran in guns blazing and I think we had all rights to defend ourselves. But apart from that, it is passive. We have guns for our own defence. Today was still passive when we took a rebel in to interrogate him, we didn't shoot or anything, we brang him up to our room and he went along with it fine, but cops never let us get a word in, it's as if we don't exist when there is cops with 50hours and come storming in firing gunshots with there pistols and M4's or there is citizens running in mic spamming, punchwhoring and all sorts. And from my point of view, people on the servers enjoy it, we have had a lot of people join our clan from it as we take this to give people a trial period on there RP and we hire people for out hotel etc. And we always have people who occupy our rooms going along with the RP within the hotel. I really enjoy doing it but, there is always a but.. It just gets really annoying when cops just ruin it constantly because the only thing that goes through there heads is "Who can we shoot/raid next" So we stopped doing it now because of it and if i'm honest, I really can't be bothered doing it again as it just gets ruined by people.

But if we do get back to it, please come along to V2D to check it out. I can assure you that you will enjoy it, whether you rent a room or we hire you for a job!
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • CheekiBreeki
Have you got a clan posted on the forums and such?
Cheeki Is working on it now I believe. Should be up soon!
Awesome, I'll apply once ready! Its a good RP, think I should be able to bring some good RP to the clan.
Seen it too, it was nice!

Mafia clan RP is tricky though, because the last group you want to get in trouble with is the government, because there are clans that support the government and those clans could take legal action. I speak from experience by the way.

If you ever need some advise be sure to contact me.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Falc