Un-Blacklist Request
Your name: [FL:RP] Link66

Your blacklist ID: 41749

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40269361

Reason: "Killing an unarmed man not involved in the gun fight"

Staff member who blacklisted you: [FL] Fultz

Reason why you should be unblacklisted:

Well, there are a few arguments I have to bring to this un-blacklist request.
  • He was in the middle of the gun fight
  • He was EXACTLY where the shooter was when I came out of cover.
  • He had the same skin as the attacker.
Firstly, he was in the middle of the gun fight. Why would he think it was a safe thing to do? He was literally standing where all the bullets were going, from both sides. His death was inevitable.

Moreover, he was exactly where the shooter was. I went behind a wall to reload my gun, and when I popped out, he was standing there. I shot him, killing him. Then the real attacker emerged from the shrubs at the side of the road. This ties into my third and final point - they looked the same. If I thought that he was the attacker, in all theory, he wouldn't be unarmed... he would just have put his gun away. Regardless, he was still and immediate threat. Due to bullets being fired, fearrp is off, so he could've at any time pulled out his weapon and fired at us.

Bottom line - this was a mistake, a mistake that I could of really not of helped much due to the restrictions of indification from long way.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

I dont understand why you didnt say any of this while I was speaking to you prior to the blacklist.

In our conversation you agreed it was a mistake from your part and you were not thinking. And then you accepted the blacklist.

Why did all these reasons put up now and not then?
At the time, I took it at as a mistake from my part. However, a few people that were with me at the time persuaded me that I should put up an un-blacklist request, because they felt it was invalid. I spoke with them and we discussed the points that I have highlighted above, and now I agree with them. I should've mentioned that in the OP, my bad.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

I was standing still during the whole gun fight, and the shooter was far away (No where to be seen from your location)
Not to mention I was unarmed during the whole fight, and not hostile at any point.
(11-07-2014, 08:56 PM)Greed^ Wrote: I was standing still during the whole gun fight, and the shooter was far away (No where to be seen from your location)
Not to mention I was unarmed during the whole fight, and not hostile at any point.

Yes... why were you standing still for the whole gun fight? You were standing in the MIDDLE of the cross fire. Why? If anything, this is breaking fear rp. Would you stand in the middle of a brawl involving firearms? Honestly, you just popped out of nowhere, and you should not have been there in the first place...

Originally, I thought there was only one target. I advanced up the right outer wall of the MTL, attempting to rush. However, two guys popped out and took me down to 20hp. As I was retreating back to the end of the road, I saw one with a gun (the same skin as you) rush to the right side (my right) of the road. I got behind the wall cover and used my med kits to heal me up. Just as I was about to pop out and return fire, a guy rushed me. We killed him, and I stepped back for a few seconds to get myself into safety. I then came out and shot at you, thinking you were the same armed man as earlier that ran to the side of the road. After I killed you, the real culprit jumped out from the tree and started to spray bullets towards us.

You might've not been hostile, but the person I mistook you to be was. I have already explained why I shot you, just in case you bring it up.

"If I thought that he was the attacker, in all theory, he wouldn't be unarmed... he would just have put his gun away. Regardless, he was still and immediate threat. Due to bullets being fired, fearrp is off, so he could've at any time pulled out his weapon and fired at us."
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

Involved in the case, witnessed it and was right behind Link at the time
Right, so, I will take this step by step and cover everything I can so this is all in context.

It all began with a huge misunderstanding from both parties. Estleback had saw and heard gunshots flying into our base which was situated at the MTL, which instantly declared a state of code red and was broadcasted over our PRadio frequency, as from what it looked like, shots were being fired at us, which is a instant state of emergency and requires action. Laurenz and one other Agent went out armed, just outside of the MTL gate, to see what the heck was happening. The guns were unholstered as the code of emergency required action, and whoever was shooting at us (which we suspected at the time) could have been dangerous. We had no plan of taking shots at them, at all, as we wasn't 100% sure of the situation at this point thus the unholstered weapons as a precaution. Laurenz was then hit for 20HP by Equal, who explained he thought Estleback was somewhat going to attack him, which as stated wasn't the plan at all.

After these moments of events, Laurenz and the Agent returned fire at the men and called for urgent backup via the PRadio, and Link ran out and so did I. Link began chasing one of the men down the street on the left side of the MTL. A guy had rushed us around the small corner at MTL, and we killed him. Greed was around the corner near the barrier into the forest, and yes, unarmed. At the time though, I can see why from Links perspective it looked like greed was shooting us. A man was behind Greed shooting at us (this man was behind the railings by the trees) and was firing multiple shots at us, some hitting. From my view, and links it clearly looked like Greed was shooting us so I totally understand why Link had shot him, not to mention they had the same skin. After Greed was killed, the man behind who was hiding behind the railing rushed around to the back of the MTL, and continued to run down the street whilst me and Link chased. The man had slowed down as he'd ran low on stamina so we managed to slightly catch up. He then kept running from us whilst we fired shots, then hid behind a cop car near to the back of the factory (do note he was shooting us, I am not sure who this was, but he was with them).

So as you can see, Greed was clearly infount of them, and was defiantly inside the fighting area, and looked like he was attacking us. As previously explained, someone was shooting from behind him, but when we are trying to hide behind a wall and keep moving in and out, it looked really like Greed was standing there shooting us, bare in mind we was a good distance from eachother so it wasn't easy to make out any sort of weapons and the fact the guy who was shooting us was hidden in the trees/bushes, we couldn't even see him at the point so this enforces the fact it looked a lot like Greed as he was the only one standing there. I don't know what you are expecting when your standing in the middle of a gunfight, but when someone is shooting from behind you and your the only one visible, you can't really complain.

Here is a quick sketch I made, it isn't perfect as I couldn't exactly draw the MTL fully, but I've tried to show everything in a understandable way.

[Image: 1tWP8An.png]
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Greed is not in front of the shooter (Equal). He was more at a 120 degree angle (Greed point in the middle)

What happened was Link shot him because he was the same skin as the shooter and that is basically it. Whenever I asked him about it before he did not have any complaints that are being brought up regarding it. He said no, so I dont see how these are now issues.

It was reckless shooting which resulting in killing someone who was unable to get out of the area due to shooters being on both sides and Link shot and did not look. He shot him 6-7 times before actually killing him so there was a short period which you could have noticed the person you were shooting was not shooting at you back.

In the end you shot an unarmed man numerous times (As stated above) and killed him. He posed no threat and he was off on the edge of the right sidewalk towards your direction. And then afterwards accepted that it was your fault and accepted the punishment without bringing any of this to the table. So with that being said, I am going to deny this.

Closed, player indeed killed an unarmed person not involved in the situation. Making this valid.