Razer Computer
(08-27-2011, 04:34 PM)Faustie Wrote: The hell? An extremely expensive razer laptop for school?

As storm said, don't buy prebuilt, ever.
And don't buy laptops unless needed.

Now, if you need a laptop, it has to be prebuilt unfortunately.

So, buy a super cheap laptop FOR SCHOOL. If you're gaming in school you don't deserve to be in school - Give that place to some kid in Africa.

And then make your own desktop at home for gaming.

Saves most money, gets most power, and most efficient.

I didn't say 'JUST' for school.

I will use it for school, and when I'm visiting my friends to play etc.

I really cant BOTHER unplugging every cable, and lifting my big ass computer to a friends house. Or even taking it to the car. Since it's too heavy.

But you are right about not buying pre-built computer Storm.
So you'd pay $2800 for a laptop used for school and occasionally playing at a friends? Who even takes a computer over to their friends anyway... What happened to the sodding outside?

For $2800 you could buy a decent computer for schoolwork, a brand new top of the range desktop at home for gaming (not prebuilt), an xbox 360, a PS3, two large monitors and high brand peripherals. Oh and people won't pick on you at school for being rich and try to steal your extremely valuable laptop.

Seriously, if you game in school, as I said before, you don't deserve a place in school - Give it to someone who'll actually use the time..

The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Andreas
(08-27-2011, 08:57 PM)Faustie Wrote: So you'd pay $2800 for a laptop used for school and occasionally playing at a friends? Who even takes a computer over to their friends anyway... What happened to the sodding outside?

For $2800 you could buy a decent computer for schoolwork, a brand new top of the range desktop at home for gaming (not prebuilt), an xbox 360, a PS3, two large monitors and high brand peripherals. Oh and people won't pick on you at school for being rich and try to steal your extremely valuable laptop.

Seriously, if you game in school, as I said before, you don't deserve a place in school - Give it to someone who'll actually use the time..

I also think that's overpriced myself, but i just said that it was a cool laptop. I'm not buying it to game in school, never said that. I'm also not trying to argue with you. I just said; I need a laptop for school, and why not buy one which is also good.

But ye, it's overpriced.. indeed.

And I'm not saying that other laptops which are cheaper are bad, their specs are probably better also. Since the Blade IS overpriced.
"I need a laptop for school, and why not buy one which is also good"
Because you have no need for a good laptop in school - Buying a laptop that can actually do things which NEED a good computer, such as gaming, is extremely expensive in comparison to a desktop. Often over double the price, which is stupid.

School laptop you can get away with at around $200, because all you'll need there is minor internet occasionally and word and maybe a spreadsheet.

For doing the 'good' stuff build a desktop at home.. Half the cost, its sensible.

Also do you really.. NEED.. a school laptop? If it was necessary to the course the school would give you one, methinks you're just being lazy and not wanting to write with a pen and paper Tounge
(08-28-2011, 04:41 PM)Faustie Wrote: methinks you're just being lazy and not wanting to write with a pen and paper Tounge

It is possible to use a computer in the exams, instead of pen and paper. I might a bit lazy Cheese But i can work without a computer, no problem.

I already have a good desktop computer, which i bought for around $2700 i think. (HD5970, AMD 1090T 6 Core and 8gb ram 1600 mhz) - a year ago.

The thing is, i want a laptop for portable use such as school and gaming.

Other laptops ARE cheaper, no doubt. And Razer Blade IS overpriced, indeed it is. If the final price is $2800, I probably wont get it cause of too expensive.

But Razer Blade is cool imo. The touch panel and the buttons.
So you have a pro desktop computer (which was a bit overpriced lol) and you want ANOTHER laptop for gaming?

Seriously, leave the gaming at home. If you're using it at a friends, use their console/PC or just go outside and do shit. If at school, get out of school you aren't learning anyway. Only good place for gaming with your own computer is... At home!

If you really really really need a school laptop, just get some cheapo typing computer.
(08-28-2011, 05:39 PM)Faustie Wrote: So you have a pro desktop computer (which was a bit overpriced lol) and you want ANOTHER laptop for gaming?

Seriously, leave the gaming at home. If you're using it at a friends, use their console/PC or just go outside and do shit. If at school, get out of school you aren't learning anyway. Only good place for gaming with your own computer is... At home!

If you really really really need a school laptop, just get some cheapo typing computer.

Well, you are right at some points. But I am learning at school, I'm not some kind of slacker who never does anything in school.

It's just.. I just want a laptop for gaming, and that also can be used for school. I might buy a laptop soon, but probably not $2000+

Ok I got a laptop from dell for my birthday and its good for gaming but its pre_built, but if you need one to keep your work on get a external hard drive.
Im not just perfect, Im WELSH.[Image: mca.png]
I have a 2007 Acer T180 with a Nvidia 7300+ 1gb RAM and it does me fine, costs like 340GBP brand new (around 370$) it works completely fine but can freeze rarely. it does the job and enables me to game on about any Steam game aslong I clean it about 1-2 times a month, update drivers and do various scans. which is no bother, its not even pre-built and ive seen some screenshots of people in-game and the graphics are exactly the same, it barely lags or anything too while in-game, I got a Logitech surround sound setout and a Saitek G5 and Razor Salmosa along with something like a 24'.
[Image: source.gif]