Clan war rules have been updated!
Please read them here: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=61491

This thread is open for purposes of discussion of the new clan war rules.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • slicedhomos
I really like these new rules!
Clan warfare can definitely expand and progress in new ways now; plus clans dont have to risk closure if an end-game battle isnt declared
One thing, can a clan deny an end-game battle request or will both/all clans be forced into it if one clan provides the evidence that would allow for the battle
Im just curious
The following 2 users Like slicedhomos's post:
  • MacTavish, mgdwszx
I think that both sides must declare a war
(06-20-2015, 01:25 AM)slicedhomos Wrote:
I really like these new rules!
Clan warfare can definitely expand and progress in new ways now; plus clans dont have to risk closure if an end-game battle isnt declared
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
I am extremely curious to understand why the staff is opening up aggressive RP. Without these rule updates, you are already allowed to raid because of your job. There is already a crap ton of random raiding and the staff commonly replies with "use /request to call the police." Dead serious, try owning a house and passive rping. The impression that I am getting off is that doors are no longer to be used for apartments to rp in and now owning one in itself opens the floor for you to be raided without warning. You can be generally a victim anywhere, and if you are a citizen, you get in trouble if you take actions other than to call the police. To be plain about it, before THESE rules, clans already can raid whomever they wish and generally get away with it. Lombardi does this quite often.

Opening the floor for week/month long open combat in the general public is insane. Although unintended, people are going to exploit this to the fullest. I feel that clans should be restricted from at least performing these tasks / owning bases on mainstreet. Give us passives a place where we don't have to fear random spray from sloppy clan 5v5s. Will reply further tomorrow when I have more time.
I understand your concerns, and we're trying to strive for a balance in which clans and regular players have the freedom to do both passive and aggressive RP without getting punished for roleplay attempts, but getting the right balance is difficult. We were far too restrictive before; we have more freedom now, but we'll likely dial things back a little. In a day or two you can expect an update to the server rules which tightens down on the rules for raiding/criminal activity, but still allows freedom to aggressiveRP; the gist of them is that you are free to do this RP, but you must provide background RP to it first, and "I need money" or "I'm stealing for my clan" or "My clan hates them" isn't a valid reason for crime any more - you'd have to roleplay being poor, or do some roleplay on the server i.e. your clan planning to steal to further its goals and making a safehouse, etc. Hopefully this'll attain a better balance, and will also significantly slow aggressiveRP down (you can no longer just spawn in and be a criminal and raid - you need background RP first, which should take at least 5-10 minutes at the minimum).

Another thing we can consider is implementing new updates for both legal and illegal activities; illegal ones that moves crime away from raiding and provides more options for non-violent theft/contraband, and legal ones that both give you more fun things to do and allow you to earn money at rates that almost envy contraband, etc. I'd be happy to speak with you about this on Steam, as always - anyone is free to contact staff about update concerns, etc. or to send me a PM on the forums.

To clarify end-game declarations: you cannot deny another clans declaration, but for them to declare a battle on you all conditions must have been met, and you must have been the aggressor at one point. If you're a passive clan, or a non-passive clan that only defends themselves (or gets their allies/buys security to) then they do not have grounds to declare a battle, which means you're safe. If you want to be aggressive against other clans, you have to take the risk of a potential closure battle, but it's not necessary; neither clan has to declare - remember, it's a huge risk to do so!

I think this change makes things a little more interesting. Clans such as FUMUKU would likely try and stay passive/defensive, and if they're getting attacked by aggressive clans they could be smart and bolster their defences, or hire security, or even RP with clans offering building/science/financial advice (big parts of FUMUKU) and make a purely RP trade agreement/alliance in exchange for protection. They could even hire mercenaries or launch sneak attacks on the aggressor, but of course, if they're caught with in-game evidence then this counts as aggression and they'd be fair game for a battle declaration. Note: This evidence must be IC, not OOC - a clan can be sneaky and hide the evidence. I'll clarify this in the rules!
  • slicedhomos
(06-20-2015, 03:17 PM)Faustie Wrote: -snip-

ah! thank you very much for the clarification!
So I presume the old 'clan representative' rule no longer takes affect?

Also, do clans have to formally declare war on the forums or can hostilities begin/end officially all ingame?
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The majority of hostilities can all be in-game, though of course some forum roleplay is advised (it helps with gathering evidence, too), but an end-game battle declaration must be made on the forums and then confirmed by admins.

The clan representative rule no longer takes affect for general war; how you want to hold an end-game battle is something to be discussed between the two clans and overseeing admin.
  • mgdwszx