[Rule] "Classified/unknown" jobnames.
Just for the nay-sayers, let me give you a reason why this should probably be done.

About two years ago, fish market crashes and a lot of stuff goes to hell. Many groups organized themselves under "Unindentified" or "Redacted" as a measure to secure their identity when going about Passive RP massacres. I'll even admit, I'm not innocent in that fact, as I used a similar method during the FUMUKU-SAA War, as a measure to capture players that were known mingebags as Tiger Force, and gave them AK-47's to attack SAA passive rp fortifications. IIRC, Blackdog and several other admins spent roughly three weeks cleaning up the mess I left thanks to that.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
I'll admit that this is something that has been under discussion with the staff-team.

I personally want to ban all "/job Classified".

The job-information is Out Of Character and should "represent" the current RP you're doing. People cannot identify you as ie a thief just because your job says so (but meta-gamers will meta-game. "/job Classified" is currently an excuse to do whatever you want to. If you want to walk around in a gasmask and AK47 out, then that's the job people use. If people are planning to raid and are trying to talk their way into a place, then that's the job they have.

If people want to roleplay as ie an agent then they should (must imo) put their job as "Agent". If they feel anyone are metagaming then @ is the command to try and solve that.

TLDR:
Someone's job is OOC info and should therefore be clear and revealed to everyone.
/job Classified is currently an excuse for people to do whatever they want to. I don't like that.

Ban classified and simular "jobs".

+ Support.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 4 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy, General Rickets, ShareCrow, Analcry
Scoreboard information is OOC, but prone to metagaming nonetheless.

Make it visible to staff members only and thus eliminate the negativity that custom job titles bring.

Too many times have I seen players complaining over OOC that there is no jail guard (When in fact there is one, but they simply open TAB and see that no cop has their job set as "Jail Guard"). Not to mention numerous other times that information via the scoreboard has been used.

Removing job titles would influence more RP to actually find out what a person is doing and there should be a better identification system where a person can show their job in a more IC way.
*Bump*

Thanks for all the +supports.
As for the actual arguments, Personally i feel that i have yet to hear a valid reason against this suggestion. Metagaming doesnt warrant people to hide their job in my opinion.
(10-13-2014, 03:27 PM)Baskingner Wrote: *Bump*

Thanks for all the +supports.
As for the actual arguments, Personally i feel that i have yet to hear a valid reason against this suggestion. Metagaming doesnt warrant people to hide their job in my opinion.

You can certainly think it doesn't, and that is simply the problem we have to consider.

Regardless of whether or not someone looks at people's job titles to use them to metagame directly, the information is going to be in your subconscious (of or concerning the part of the mind of which one is not fully aware but which influences one's actions and feelings).

Take for example a person with a custom job title. Let's say this is what people are going to see in the scoreboard.
  • [EvoCity ChopShop - Mechanic] [ FL: RP ] Nevy
Having the title of ChopShop Mechanic is going to bring in a few problems that we can either face in a direct form or indirect form of metagaming. Let me play out some scenarios of both.

1. Direct Metagaming
  • Through direct metagaming we can expect to be warranted from the scoreboard. A simple glance could influence an officer with new hours, or even a more experienced one, to simply issue a warrant for a search/arrest. This is against the rules and should be expected to be mediated by an admin (If one is available).
  • We could expect to see police make their intentions obvious and they would intentionally go out to find the property owned being used in the ChopShop RP and get a search warrant to enter.
  1. Indirect Metagaming
  • Through indirect metagaming, it would not be as obvious but it could certainly still have an effect on the role-play. 
  • For example, a cop looking in the scoreboard might see the ChopShop Mechanic job title and have that in the back of his mind. No matter what, he is going to know that somewhere on the map there is a ChopShop RP going on. He might decide to go out and "Patrol" with this information and act like he is not breaking any rule. He certainly is not, simply because there is no way to tell and there is no standing rule that can prevent this.

To add one more example for the sake of making a point, let me show an example of a group of players with the same job titles and how this could effect a situation.
  • [The Sinaloa Drug Cartel - Leader] [FL:RP] BreakYourKneeCaps
  • [The Sinaloa Drug Cartel - Member] Johnny
  • [The Sinaloa Drug Cartel - The Muscle] DoYouEvenLift
  • [The Sinaloa Drug Cartel - The Henchman] [FL:RP] Ghost
  • [Corleone Member] [FL:RP] NewPlayer
Now let me examine the effects of indirect and direct metagaming once again.
  • Direct Metagaming
  1. One would expect all the users to be warranted in a case where one of the "Sinaloa Drug Cartel" members was involved in some form of crime (Or maybe none at all!)
  • Indirect Metagaming
  1. If one of the members was involved in something illegal, we could expect the police to be on the lookout for any other members in the group. They could simply reference the scoreboard to know just who they should be on the lookout for. 
  2. Now let's say a person who was not a cop was using this scoreboard information. Perhaps they are looking to raid the establishment owned by this "Sinaloa Drug Cartel." They could simply look in the scoreboard and establish just how many members they have, which could be helpful in the raid.

Now I know you may think there are no negative effects to having custom job titles in general, but my belief stands and so does my -Support.
Staff said its decided internaly they shall enforce this from now on

Should to to approved/finished
+Support
(10-18-2014, 11:47 PM)Voluptious Wrote: Staff said its decided internaly they shall enforce this from now on

Should to to approved/finished

Could you source this claim for me please? Call me a cynic but eh.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
+Support, I think its getting used to raid the president quite allot lately and its starting to become annoying condsidering the fact that after the first dictator law being broadcasted you can see some of the citizens change their jobs to "Classified" or "Unknow" Not gonna lie I've done it myself but its starting to get a annoying.
(10-10-2014, 03:38 PM)Zech_ Wrote: +Support this annoys me, especially when people are doing government associate RPs, such as when people wanna be OP Officers and they have government permission. Some dude burst into mine and a buddy's home after seeing me load up a shotty, demanded that I face the wall and I was under arrest. I had no idea he was a part of the government because, guess why? His job was classified. You can't just arrest someone with the job Classified :/

Anyway, huge +support