Unban Request Deoscillate
Your name: Deoscillate

Your ban ID: 52726

Banned by: [FL] GeorgeTheBoy

Reason: Double dooring and doomforting

Involved: Dream Panda, Sloth Monk, and the Police raiding party

Why we should unban you: For some context, this is happening in EvoCity v33 just outside the tunnel leading to the city in the factory-like building. This was 2nd raid in the past hour, but I will talk about the 1st raid later. The 2nd raid was ended peacefully.

First, I would like to address the reason: double dooring. I had three fading doors in the building which you can see in the following picture. The first door being the Garage door, the second is the door hiding my contraband, and the third being the blue thing on the wall which is there for purely aesthetic purposes.

Doors 1 and 2 are in violation of rule #5 of doors stating: "Between 2 doors, there should be space for at least 2 persons standing side by side." But only in the exact wording of the rule. I don't believe that that rule was targeted at situations like this where they just happen to be next to each other. Door 1's purpose is to allow entry into the base, which having door 2 open or closed does not affect in the slightest, and door 2's purpose is to allow access to my contraband, which again is not affected by the other door's orientation. Double dooring's purpose—as I understand it—is to inhibit someone's progress to a certain location by placing multiple doors that can't be bypassed in succession. My doors have completely different purposes and I don't think this situation constitutes double dooring.

The second reason I'd like to address is : Doomforting. After reviewing the BR here, I could only find two possible elements of doomforting which are shown in the following picture. The first being the faded door and the second the being the roof of the house.

The first element is most definitely an example of doomforting as shown below. You can not get passed the wall without crouching.

But there is a logical reason for why it is there, and it is NOT doomforting. As you can see, the wall has two house dupes that can be found in the public folder on both sides of it. Both of these houses are equipped with fading doors as the entrance to them. That fading door in the middle was formerly the entrance to a house—the same as the others—that stood there. It was decided that we didn't want the house there anymore, so it was removed. We made a mistake. The house was removed with the door being open, so we didn't realize that the door was still there. The fading door in the middle was never intended to be there nor did we even have a way to activate it, the keypad was removed along with the rest of the house.

As for the second element, I can't dispute that it could be used against raiders. I can only say that that was not it's intended use nor did we attempt to use it as such.

Now, about the 1st raid: No more then an hour before this raid, we were raided by police. In an attempt to avoid conflict, we willfully let them into our base hoping they wouldn't find the contra. Unfortunately one police did see my secret door open, so we launched a surprise attack. We fought them in the open for 1-5 minutes (can't really tell how long a gunfight last when your in it). During this fight, both of the above elements were present, but neither my colleagues or I attempted to use them.

This is my testimony and I hope everyone understands that it was never our intention to break rules, or make it seem as though we were.
Can you tell me where the keypad to door 2 was then?
As you'd assume a keypad above it would be the keypad, but that opened door 3, why is that?
(10-05-2014, 07:41 AM)Iacboy Wrote: Can you tell me where the keypad to door 2 was then?
As you'd assume a keypad above it would be the keypad, but that opened door 3, why is that?

The keypad for door 3 was also for door 2. That was the whole reason we got caught the 1st raid. I opened the keypad and one of the cops saw door 2 open. Judging from the video, the only reason i could see it not opening then was he was pressing the button too fast and it caused it to close. Also, the keypad has nothing to do with my ban whatsoever. My ban is for double dooring and doomforting.
The problem I have is that door 1 is directly on top of a world door. therefore double dooring.

It doesn't matter if you decided that you no longer wanted the house dupes as they had already been used to your advantage in raids. The crouching to get in and the walkway are clear examples of what is not allowed and you should of seen this as soon as you spawned the dupe(s).
(10-05-2014, 03:35 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: The problem I have is that door 1 is directly on top of a world door. therefore double dooring.

It doesn't matter if you decided that you no longer wanted the house dupes as they had already been used to your advantage in raids. The crouching to get in and the walkway are clear examples of what is not allowed and you should of seen this as soon as you spawned the dupe(s).

1st point: I didn't realize an open space counted as a door. I thought in order for something to be a door it has to have an open and closed state. Which it did not until i put my door there. It wouldn't be much of a secure base if anyone could just walk through the open garage.

2nd point: The door was never turned on before or during raid 1 or raid 2. It was always in the non-collision mode. The screenshot was taken after a raid and was not even turned on by my associates or me. I assume an admin or the like turned it on to see what it did. I will repeat, it has and always was in the non-collision state(until someone turned it on after a raid).

Edit: When I previously said both elements were there during raids, I meant the fading door was there, but in the non-collision state. Should have been more specific. My apologies.
Alright I'm double posting right now just so it isn't overlooked. I just found out there is infact a garage door already there. In my defense, there is no way for me to know there is a garage door there. There is no button for it and it is in the ground where no can see the door itself. We spent half the day in that building, with people knocking on our door constantly. Not one person said anything about the garage door i made, which leads me to believe not many people knew there was a world door there. Also, it should be noted that that world door was always in the open position because we didn't even know it existed. In conclusion, yes I did doubledoor technically. But i can hardly be blamed for not knowing every quirk of every building on the map.
I'll let it slide as the world door can be hard to see.

Approved.