Inactive Administrators
(10-01-2014, 03:00 PM)therock1990 Wrote: Im sorry , they arent perfect , no one is , and except 3 or 4 members , the rest is inactive all the time , that 3 or 4 guys cant handle a huge community , time to get like 10 or 15 moderators , thats why that rank exist , start doing trials

^ This. How about finally promoting trial-mods and keep a close eye on them while they're in their trial period? I know the moderator position is some sort of trial-admin rank already but after moderators get promoted their activity heavily decreases, this might be because they got nothing to work for, no promotion, nothing.
(09-30-2014, 05:28 PM)Enzyme Wrote: If I would get a penny everytime someone made a thread like this, I'd have many pennies.
If you see someone breaking the rules then get evidence and make banrequests.
Simple as that. We can't be everywhere all the time.

Don't you think then there's actually something wrong if they keep popping?

That's my opinion anyway. Now I don't mean to offend anyone but every single administrator who actually replies to this thread is usually not the cause of the problem, it's the ones who do do not pull there weight. It's so blatant for everyone to see yet even now people convince themselves it's due to other reasons. We get the whole "free time/voluntary work" argument, but as a previous staff member I feel this is just a pillow to hide behind, and not in fact the whole truth.

I'm going to use myself as a quick example (not saying I'm perfect by any means). I started as a moderator and was very active, I loved the role and wanted to spend nearly all my free time on it. I was then promoted to admin and I loved the job even more as I got more access and things became more enjoyable. I then started to ease off as I wasn't finding it as fun and didn't feel any real pressure to do my job. When I realized the error of my ways I resigned. Don't get me wrong I'm not calling for administrators to resign and I definitely respect each and every one of them for their contribution to the community but people need to evaluate if they are capable of spending a good amount of hours either on the server of managing the forums. Ultimately however, it's up to the management to decide if that person is capable to doing the task. It's not OK for people to sit in their role inactive for weeks or even months without valid reason while others pull their weight. 

Sorry for the rant and I don't want to sound like a pretension d*ck but something needed to be said because I think most of the regular users are sick of the "post a ban request" excuse. We all know ban requests take time and effort to make and there's definitely no shortage of them. 
The following 4 users Like Verzyn's post:
  • Disabled Angel, Bowiii, SirCrow, Joey Skylynx
(10-01-2014, 08:23 AM)Weecow Wrote: Still not closed the thread??? Now Soul, be a owner and respond to the thread with your opinion. But my main point in my point was why admins like kpred and doomdude spend like 40 hours on Dota 2, and 2 hours on gmod (2 week period) isn't that ridiculous? I would not like to have admins like that on my team. I understand that admins need time for themself but is it that simple that 70% of the admin team just abandons the server? It's bullshit stop trying to act like it's not a big deal and for once listen to the players instead of your own fking ego. Do something

I love how you only think that server administration is the only thing that contributes to the server. I practically feel forced to defend myself, so I will.

True, I've been playing Dota 2, DayZ and Mount and Blade: Warband. True, I don't really administrate the servers. I could go on about all sorts of stuff that happens behind the scenes, but it's obvious, it's behind the scenes. I also hope you remembered to factor in I made the Contributor project which brought us a new developer, TheBlackShadowOfGod and will bring tons of user-made content and allows users to have a greater impact on the gamemode than ever before. So if you want to point fingers left and right, you better remember my "inactivity" every time a new feature gets coded in and added that's a result of that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • Burnett, aviator
(10-01-2014, 05:05 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: True, I've been playing Dota 2, DayZ and Mount and Blade: Warband. True, I don't really administrate the servers. I could go on about all sorts of stuff that happens behind the scenes, but it's obvious, it's behind the scenes. I also hope you remembered to factor in I made the Contributor project which brought us a new developer, TheBlackShadowOfGod and will bring tons of user-made content and allows users to have a greater impact on the gamemode than ever before. So if you want to point fingers left and right, you better remember my "inactivity" every time a new feature gets coded in and added that's a result of that.

No, that's not how it works. It was very, very obvious way before the contributor thread was made what TBSOG was capable of, for example:  the drowning mod, helping Soul code the gamemode to make it playable in gMod 13, he just didn't get promoted to developer before the contributor thread because no staff member knew that he was still active, when he applied for the contributor rank by sending in the license plate plugin, the entire staff team just got reminded that he was still out there, nothing more, nothing less.

We were not talking about what administrators do for the community, sure you do much behind the scenes, sure you help recruit a few usefull people. But we were talking about the administration on the server, that currectly it is not good, and that we want to see this issue being improved.
I still say admins should not be allowed in the clan world. Most people will disagree with this, but it just leads to favoritism, and bias within the staff. If you guys could not see that before with SemperFi and more recent examples with FUMUKU and SAA taking bats at each other, I don't know what to tell you guys.
Furthermore, if we are concerned about corruption I still believe that every thread in the admin discussion which has been inactive for two weeks should be made public. That's the only way the community can honestly know what's going on behind the scenes, and voice concerns with full knowledge of what they are talking about. The fact that admins have in the past gone rogue or have attempted to contact the Anti-Fruitcake Brigade and become informants should say miles about problems in the current staff.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
(10-01-2014, 05:05 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 08:23 AM)Weecow Wrote: Still not closed the thread??? Now Soul, be a owner and respond to the thread with your opinion. But my main point in my point was why admins like kpred and doomdude spend like 40 hours on Dota 2, and 2 hours on gmod (2 week period) isn't that ridiculous? I would not like to have admins like that on my team. I understand that admins need time for themself but is it that simple that 70% of the admin team just abandons the server? It's bullshit stop trying to act like it's not a big deal and for once listen to the players instead of your own fking ego. Do something

I love how you only think that server administration is the only thing that contributes to the server. I practically feel forced to defend myself, so I will.

True, I've been playing Dota 2, DayZ and Mount and Blade: Warband. True, I don't really administrate the servers. I could go on about all sorts of stuff that happens behind the scenes, but it's obvious, it's behind the scenes. I also hope you remembered to factor in I made the Contributor project which brought us a new developer, TheBlackShadowOfGod and will bring tons of user-made content and allows users to have a greater impact on the gamemode than ever before. So if you want to point fingers left and right, you better remember my "inactivity" every time a new feature gets coded in and added that's a result of that.

My good friend, I am saying what I see. Currently I see nothing happening in the contributor project, I don't see what you're doing behind the scenes but what I do see is you being on the Team page with admin rank, and with admin rank I know that admins administrate the servers and forums which you do not do alot but instead play 40 hours on Dota 2 which is ridiculous. I can say that I am a very active roleplayer because I've started a clan 3 times, but sadly that's not how everything works. As for the contributor project, I don't call that a big project. I can simply write a thread asking about some user-made content for the servers and review it, promote and sit back again. But is that really eating your whole day? There are 8/13 (from my list) inactive on the server, doesn't that really ring a damn bell to you? And considering that the ones marked as active aren't really that active at all. With a few exceptions the admins deemed 'active' got around 19 to 25 hours in 2 weeks. 

Doomdude you're an administrator, so get on FL do your job and don't spend 40 hours on dota 2 or some other games while being a administrator. I don't believe you can manage your project while you're playing Dota 2, and if you can why don't you go on FL and do the project. And as for the names not released on my previous post I just list the inactive admins.

Inactive: Flame, Shadow, Kpred, Doomdude, Infernaw, Vauld. Grub, SpartanJunior
Inactive but not checked: Pavilion

Just active: ZedsDead, Enzyme
Very active: GeorgeTheBoy, Fultzy, Preditor, Burnett, Venom

Not counting the developers.
The following 1 user Likes Weecow's post:
  • SirCrow
[Image: agJIP.gif]
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 8 users Like Link's post:
  • aviator, NotSep, Wood, Weecow, Blurr, SirCrow, Madi, Zan
Wink 
Sadly thing on this all , everyone will turn back and the owner wont do anything about it and FL will continue to be the same Cheese
The following 1 user Likes THE ROCK's post:
  • Envy
(10-01-2014, 07:31 PM)Weecow Wrote: Very active: GeorgeTheBoy, Fultzy, Preditor, Burnett

Not counting the developers.

[Image: SANDCASTLES.png?1318627593]
The following 9 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Weecow, GeorgeTheBoy, BlackDog, Ciryl, Wood, General Rickets, Nacreas, Zan, Bowiii
Weecow.. I... I wasn't on an of the categories.
Kind Regards,
Floodify