Inactive Administrators
(10-01-2014, 02:15 AM)Ciryl Wrote: I apologize that I can not join the server at the moment as problems have popped up but as soon as I deal with these problems I shall be on the server backseat administrating  and making sure the server is once again safe.

Where would we be without you Ciryl
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
(10-01-2014, 12:30 AM)Faustie Wrote: Activity is not the only criteria for a new admin, and sadly many of you don't get that. It requires a mature attitude. Sorry Jarz, but I'm going to use your post to demonstrate. Floodify makes a valid point, and while there's room for mature argument in response, you instead call his attitude pissy, provoke drama and tell him to step down - You then have the cheek to call that criticism, when its just drama-baiting and being immature. If you want people to listen to you, wisen up and give us actual feedback and criticism, rather than having a go at my fellow staff members. The above is the reason you'll probably never see a staff role - Your post makes it seem you care more about drama than FL.

Tried contacting you via Steam, however I recieved no response. 
I gave a straight forward solution to the problem at hand, and told people to stand up for what they want, but shortly after I posted that I was met with Floodify's response. I posted "wise and actual" criticism.

I understand life and school comes before videogames. I really do. I really don't understand how you can hold onto an admin position to a growing community and play .9 hours in two weeks, without repercussion, for months on end. Floodify pointed this out anyways.

The next paragraph he whipped up was extremely assertive, unnecessarily bolding words as if I wouldn't notice it, and unintentially said why most admins hate playing anyways. There are a lack of updates, now I don't want to get into this road but this is evident proof this gamemode is lacking. It's boring. Overall his post was unprofessional, and that's something a thread like this doesn't need.

More updates = More active admins. That's been a common viewpoint for years, however nothing been done about that. Like I said, not starting that flame war.

Anyways, what do you want me to say when one of the staff members gives a pissy attitude towards a legitimate problem? Plus, I would never volunteer time for a community whose owner breaks the rules himself.
(10-01-2014, 03:23 AM)Nacreas Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 02:15 AM)Ciryl Wrote: I apologize that I can not join the server at the moment as problems have popped up but as soon as I deal with these problems I shall be on the server backseat administrating  and making sure the server is once again safe.

Without my light to guide the way you will be lost!

Who will be there to propsmash the CDMer's?
Who will be there to hostage & blindfold the prop abusers?
Who will be there to prop-kill the RDMer's?

NO one... no one I tell you!
The following 3 users Like Ciryl's post:
  • Weecow, Bowiii, General Rickets
(10-01-2014, 04:32 AM)Ciryl Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 03:23 AM)Nacreas Wrote:

Without my light to guide the way you will be lost!

Who will be there to propsmash the CDMer's?
Who will be there to hostage & blindfold the prop abusers?
Who will be there to prop-kill the RDMer's?

NO one... no one I tell you!

Bait lad
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 2 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Wood, Bowiii
Honestly, my current problems with the admin team has been voiced a number of times, but I figure it'll be good to just get it off my chest.
I personally have never agreed with admins being involved in the clan world, and theirs countless of reasons for why I believe this, be it with FUMUKU and SAA, Yakuza and Semper Fi, or simply just the problems that arise from admins being involved in RP in general as any other RP that is going on the server when an admin starts an event is immediately thrown out the window.

Reading through this thread has made me realize personally that their is still a great hand of issues that are left over from ye olden' days, but to be blunt, the server is currently in a very bad state namely because the people who push the developers around about 90% of the time have no clue on what their doing or how things effect the end player. Numerous times I have made suggestions in the past regarding improving the passive rp side of Fearless while removing unneeded rules that just burden people, and time and time again, the same message comes up. "We don't need new things!" "too much content!" "the server will lag :c" if this is the case, the priority of the developers should be dropping the current gamemode on its head and recoding it from scratch. This gamemode is literally from 2008, and has been recoded through two major updates, namely the Orange Box Update(2009), and GMod 13(2012). I know to some this may not mean mean much but currently theirs a great deal of bloat left over from the earlier years of the gamemode's development. Not only that, the gamemode lacks content that brings in new players, and with how the server's clan world goes at the current moment[dramaaaa] its' better to just not be involved with the server period.

If I were to word my personal grudges as a player for the last four years...

- The government is effectively an Enemy X faction that is greatly underpowered. It only serves as cannonfod for people to shoot at.
- No economy exists, and therefore their really isn't any sort of thing that makes players feel like they have any effect on the server.
- Rules are to strict, or not strict enough.
- Nothing can be done without money printers.
- Everyone can carry thousands of guns, fish, and ect... No items degrade and require the economy to cycle itself.
- Admins are allowed to be in ClanRP

All these problems have simple solutions, but require the gamemode to be recoded from scratch, and new things be implemented to stop idiocy from being common place.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Joey Skylynx's post:
  • DarkN00b
Still not closed the thread??? Now Soul, be a owner and respond to the thread with your opinion. But my main point in my point was why admins like kpred and doomdude spend like 40 hours on Dota 2, and 2 hours on gmod (2 week period) isn't that ridiculous? I would not like to have admins like that on my team. I understand that admins need time for themself but is it that simple that 70% of the admin team just abandons the server? It's bullshit stop trying to act like it's not a big deal and for once listen to the players instead of your own fking ego. Do something
The following 1 user Likes Weecow's post:
  • yarrrs
(10-01-2014, 04:41 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: If I were to word my personal grudges as a player for the last four years...

- The government is effectively an Enemy X faction that is greatly underpowered. It only serves as cannonfod for people to shoot at.
- No economy exists, and therefore their really isn't any sort of thing that makes players feel like they have any effect on the server.
- Rules are to strict, or not strict enough.
- Nothing can be done without money printers.
- Everyone can carry thousands of guns, fish, and ect... No items degrade and require the economy to cycle itself.
- Admins are allowed to be in ClanRP

All these problems have simple solutions, but require the gamemode to be recoded from scratch, and new things be implemented to stop idiocy from being common place.

I generally try not to get involved in these topics, but I feel I have to debunk some mysteries and wrong views of how things work:

- It's a touch-and-go situation. True, the government is underpowered but due to the nature of the majority of the players we have to keep it fairly balanced, also due to map limitations and gamemode limitations. I'd love to have the IRLesque government with more manpower, more weapons and more tools, but due to limitations that wouldn't work out.
- I'm trying to adress that issue and we're talking about a new system with TBSOG
- Rules have been made over the course of several years, not one afternoon. When discussing and thinking of new rules you have two approaches:
a) Make the rule "logical", it relying on the player him/herself to understand if something is allowed or not
b) Make the rule "static", it relying on the written part and making hard boundaries.

Hate to break it to you, but option A doesn't work. It gets abused and people either don't have the mental capacity to analyze their playstyle, don't care, or if they do have the mental capacity they abuse it to their advantage. So we have to stick to B, which results in our extraordinary number of rules.
- As I said, being worked on, slowly but surely
- That's the whole "semi-serious" aspect of our gamemode. Sure, if we cap inventory space we have to come up with some form of persistent storage, with persisent storage props on servers which get thousands of individual users per week, that won't really work. On the other hand, degradation could be grand, but it has to be devised extremely carefully
- Yes, we are and I in fact am glad we are. Again, for the Nth time, if you have evidence of abuse post it. Abuse cases which are valid get dealt with. Warnings, demotions or access restrictions. There are repercussions for abusing your power, but I am telling you now, no action will be taken against anyone (player or staff member) without solid, physical proof.

If anyone has any further questions, toss me a PM.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Nacreas
Admins on Fearless is the best administrators I've seen on any GAME (not only gmod) server in my whole life.

They do their job simple and fast, which is enough.
Sometimes you have to accept that there's no admins that can help you, but we have a ban request section which works perfect.

Toffee, aren't you the one who posts crazy threads like this that goes viral in ultra speed?
These threads are in-mature and unacceptable.

Please stop if you still wanna be a part of the community.
(10-01-2014, 09:45 AM)Evanswachtz Wrote: Admins on Fearless is the best administrators I've seen on any GAME (not only gmod) server in my whole life.

They do their job simple and fast, which is enough.
Sometimes you have to accept that there's no admins that can help you, but we have a ban request section which works perfect.

Toffie, aren't you the one who posts crazy threads like this that goes viral in ultra speed?
These threads are in-mature and unacceptable.

Please stop if you still wanna be a part of the community.

4mod
The following 3 users Like Weecow's post:
  • Evanswachtz, Zecon, Madi
This is one of those threads where secretly everyone wants staff to take it under advisement yet follow the general crowd and do the O'l admins have life's too paragraph. Seems to be a constant problem in FL that never seems to be addressed.

First off, activity shouldn't be judged in bans, being an administrator/moderator is about getting in-game and interacting with newer players. It's not about playing with your friends, seeing a newbie slip up then banning them, staff on FL forget that the whole concept of an admin on a server willing to play with you is "so cool" to you when you're new and makes you want to learn the rules and be a good player.

FL's life long problem seems to be staff are staff for too long, you can only play so much Garry's Mod before you get sick of it, gaming works in phases of interest and after 1000 hours you're starting to get tired, then you start to get burned out. The simple fact is, after dealing with so many issues you start to get bored, tired whatever of having to be the respectful one to people who would happily spit in your face. FL for one needs to acknowledge that it clings on to staff that have simply had enough but want to keep their power and then do something about it. Every damn person can name at least two inactive staff members.

Meh FL hasn't changed from this in the two, two and a half years I've been here, there's no reason another post like this will do anything but whatever who knows maybe someone will give a damn on the staff team and not just argue against this.

P.S the staff that are actually replying to this aren't even the problem, yet you fellas consistently defend those that cause you to be 1 vs 49/50 on the server full of @HELPMEEE calls. Oh yeah and ban requests are god awful.
The following 2 users Like Disabled Angel's post:
  • Verzyn, Joey Skylynx