Inactive Administrators
Last time I made a thread like this it went viral
The OP might not've put it in the best way but he sort of does have a point, people are ignoring obvious problems.
The following 1 user Likes HellShell's post:
  • Jono
Alot of the admins probably got bored or addicted to other games, hence the inactivity
nice
Actually I agree with Jan, although I am not really that active anymore. But administrators are administrators because they got the opportunity, but with that opportunity I think that they should fulfill everything that comes with being a administrator such as being on the server where minges are and that needs attention. Now stop defending your ego's and listen to what players have to say, since they keep the community alive don't they? From my viewpoint I never really see a admin anymore. Rarely on v2d now, 8/10 times there is no admin online at europian evenings (around 8/9 gmt+2). The only ones I sometimes see online are: Venom, George and sometimes floodify. Also what I see alot is admins being on build for a couple of hours.. Well I understand some of the admins run a clan but as admin spending alot of time on build.. Come on.. You should drop it whenever you get the first call of a mingy server or whatever. You're a admin to keep servers clean not to build 200+ props buildings for your own sake.

To the admins that are just inactive, why just not step down and let a active player who's capable of being a mod take your position, you're just ruining their chances for your own pink forum name and your star behind your name. Oh and your oh-so awesome physgun colors.. I just don't understand why FL has 22 admins including soul however maybe 8 of them are close to active, even less.

I do believe admins are also there to host some good events and make the server fun for everyone but it should not happen everytime, especially not when a server is mingy and out of control like it is for alot of hours per day.

Not trying to critisize you all or saying 'how bad you're all doing' but sometimes I think a admin is behaving too much like a normal player instead of administrator, or that a administrator is purely a admin because of his power and the authority he has over the large playerbase FL has, simply said: control freaks.
And yeah, that's just how I see things. It's not all bad what they're doing they also have alot of good points for example: Vauld hosting some great events, and having OOC conversations with the players etc etc.

Some stats of admins

[Image: 2s7getv.png]

So, 9.6 hours last 2 weeks that's 14 days, that's less than 1 hour per day. And considering, not even per day. But just an average.

[Image: 33kyafp.png]

Couldn't even get to the Recently Played. 0 hours last 2 weeks, not a lot eh? Might be issues with him since hes not playing other games at all, 0.8H last 2 weeks.

[Image: 10fyici.png]

3.7 last 2 weeks. Not active but has time for alot of other games.. Eh?

[Image: 34yuxwx.png]

2.9 hours last 2 weeks but spends around 20 to 25 hours on other games????

[Image: 2qd1kwh.png]

97.1 hours last two weeks, good that's some good administration +rep

[Image: 21lvor7.png]

28 hours, that's not bad at all but considering alot of admins have still under 7 hours in two weeks.. Can't catch up

[Image: 25f1x0h.png]

4.1 hours.. 2 weeks.. sigh ;(

[Image: 2agrsc4.png]

22 hours, yay a little bit better again! But still not alot.. average of around 2 hours per day, that's not bad at all.

[Image: 9bf1h4.png]

Yay, 53 hours. Active admin!

[Image: nwldzm.png]

Sigh, 2.7 hours..

[Image: 2ah88lk.png]

Wooooooo 41 hours. Active one again.

[Image: s4vz9v.png]

Oooh 8.9 now.. Got alot of time for other games.. Shame.

[Image: 2r3ia29.png]

Oh man, 0.9 hours. Not really nice.. Also has alot of spare hours for... Guess what? Other games!

So we got, 8/13 inactive admins, however some of the 'active' ones still don't have alot of hours to compensate the hours the inactive ones make on the server. Which is even less than listed. Some admins aren't here because they are private. But yeah... Some have a lot of time for other games, and don't really do their duty as much as they actually should.

Not listing any names, because they know who they are themselfs.
The following 5 users Like Weecow's post:
  • Moisty, Jono, Rain, equal, Jan
(09-30-2014, 08:00 PM)Floodify Wrote: An administrator boost has occurred on 33x since the atmos update, appreciate it. We won't be there all the time, we might be playing another game or we might be outside with your real friends and real life. Just understand that, it's not like we administrators complains to Soul because certain players aren't as active as we want them.
No need for such a pissy attitude Mr. Administrator.
If you don't like being on the servers doing your sworn duty, or us criticising you guys as feedback you should step down to let somebody who cares more take the seat.  Super unprofessional Bro 
I've seen this same thread a hundred times, and it's always the same argument, and it always ends the same way: people end up taking shots at admin's personal lives and using that as ammo against them, and that I won't stand for. Has it ever occured to you all that a staff presence on the servers is a problem we continually monitor and try and improve? Just turns out that some of our members with a lot of hours, roleplay experience and knowledge of the rules, who would otherwise be considered for promotion, don't get that chance because they spend their time stirring up trouble and causing drama in these threads. If you're going to complain about server staff presence, at least provide us with a valid solution rather than the same tiring argument and drama-baiting a thousand times in a row.

Activity is not the only criteria for a new admin, and sadly many of you don't get that. It requires a mature attitude. Sorry Jarz, but I'm going to use your post to demonstrate. Floodify makes a valid point, and while there's room for mature argument in response, you instead call his attitude pissy, provoke drama and tell him to step down - You then have the cheek to call that criticism, when its just drama-baiting and being immature. If you want people to listen to you, wisen up and give us actual feedback and criticism, rather than having a go at my fellow staff members. The above is the reason you'll probably never see a staff role - Your post makes it seem you care more about drama than FL.

If an admin is inactive for a long time with no reason, we speak to them internally. Sometimes admins have been demoted due to inactivity, other times they step up their game. It's worth nothing that some admins are active in other ways than on the servers; they may not log server hours, but they help manage the forums and make decisions, investigate certain issues, etc.. And other times they simply wish to spend some time to themself, which is completely acceptable.

I'm closing this thread, it's turned from passive-aggressive to blatant drama-baiting. If you have complaints, feel free to send them to my inbox.
Edit: Forgot to close the thread because I'm a mong, bit late now anyway, carry on chaps.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • DougisBest, General Rickets
I think promoting new moderators in bigger bulk is a simple solution to the predicament but that'll never happen based on my years here. 
Only other alternative would be moderator applications where the applicant has to meet certain requirements to be able to apply. I'm pretty sure the staff team dislikes this recruitment method though. Other than that I think the current system isn't as bad as its being portrayed to be honest. :S
Weecow read my mind and expressed it way better than I ever could have done.

you da reel mvp
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • yarrrs
I apologize that I can not join the server at the moment as problems have popped up but as soon as I deal with these problems I shall be on the server backseat administrating and making sure the server is once again safe.
The following 10 users Like Ciryl's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy, Nacreas, Nexus, General Rickets, aviator, Zecon, Zan, Feffe, Bowiii, EthanArcher