Inactive Administrators
The honest reason we do not mass recruit moderators is simple; there are very few people that are fit for the task. You may think you are fit for the taskbecause you have been an admin on another server or whatever, but really, there are very few people we deem qualified for moderator position.

Be a staff on FL is rather complex and time consuming, both on forums and on servers. I do know that few staff are very inactive, although it can't be helped. It's not like we blame you or whatever for not playing the time we want you to play or anything as such. Being a part of this community, both as a player and staff, the risk of becoming inactive (to a certain degree) due to school and work is included. It is an excuse, and a valid one. Sure, few people is inactive due to no interest and some are just inactive completely. But SOME are actually slightly inactive due to dealing with school and work. I agree, there is a limit for how inactive you can be (not going to call out names), but the risk of having ups and downs in activity as an administrator is included in the calculation of a promotion. It won't help if we massively recruit people, it will just turn out unorganized and sloppy. You do get access to *few* things as moderator, that shouldn't be taken lightly upon.

And just quit your arguments saying "you're occupying a spot or slot". There is no number for how many staff people we can have. Obviously we won't have 50 staff, but there isn't really any limits now so that is not a valid argument.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I apologize for my inactivity. The fact that I sit at work writing this, hopefully shows how much I care...
I work 9h a day. At work, I deal with about 200 requests + other things per week. At a mission I had before, I was yelled at constantly by customers on the phone because of things that really were not my fault.
Not to mention all the crap in my personal life (Yes, admins do have a personal life omg). And if my personal life wasn't a huge mess, I'd be able to get on more often.

And you can't just tell us to resign, or be demoted for being inactive. The things all of us admins have done for FL are many, and without us, despite the inactivity, what the fuck would FL be? We've had so many players and admins leave the community already, that this is starting to feel unfamiliar. If the few people who are left to keep FL what it has and will be, it might as well turn into a darkRP server. Because that's sort of where the RP-quality and dedication is within most other players. And you'd see that if you didn't stick your head up your- and your "cool passive RP" friends' assholes.

Stop telling us what to do as if we're your bitches, and start focusing on your own god damn attitudes for once. Ranting on the forums and whining on the OOC won't help the community at all. AT ALL. Instead of teaching those new "minges", you go ahead and whine instead. I know some are trolls, but some are also new, and young. Some don't understand the rules, or haven't even read them.

I've seen what you "more experienced" members do. You laugh at, and bully other players who don't have the same RP-capability as you and your friends do. If you helped out instead, perhaps they wouldn't have shot you in the face afterwards?

Over and out, Inf.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
We're not asking admins to be online 24/7. I doubt anyone is expecting that. The community doesn't need a ton more admins/mods, we just need the current admins to be on the server more. I understand there is a lot of behind the scene action, but really, all the needs to be done is the admins simply be on the server. Have the game in a window, do what ever you need to do, and check the chat every 5 minutes. I'm sure 80% of the @ calls are things you can't help with anyways without proof. Simply being on the server will make players think twice about minging around, unless they just don't care about the rules.

No one is saying admins are not allowed to have a personal life. We're all human, anyone who isn't 6 should understand this.
I work 40-50 hours a week depending on how many orders we get a day. Monday-Friday.  I work in a Mill, I come home, tired and sore. Every other Saturday I mow a 2 acre field for my grandmother, help her with what ever she asks  for help with, do model cars, and still find time to sleep, play the server and eat 3 times a day. Sometimes I stay up way to late playing, but even without the staying up, I can average 4-5 hours a day in the server.

Since I've been back on the server, I can honestly say I've only seen half the administration team on a server. I didn't even realize there are more than 15 admins for the community until this thread came up and I checked the "Team" page.

I'm not discrediting any of the administration team in any way, but I think I can speak for most of the community when I say this: Please, get on the server most. Just be there. Check in every once in awhile. Communicate with us once in awhile. Sorry if you're offended, but I hope you're not, as this is how I honestly feel. I said what I felt needed to be said in the most respectable way I could.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 5 users Like SirCrow's post:
  • Richtea, dig, Nadrickk, Weecow, Vector
(10-02-2014, 02:43 PM)SirCrow Wrote: We're not asking admins to be online 24/7. I doubt anyone is expecting that. The community doesn't need a ton more admins/mods, we just need the current admins to be on the server more. I understand there is a lot of behind the scene action, but really, all the needs to be done is the admins simply be on the server. Have the game in a window, do what ever you need to do, and check the chat every 5 minutes. I'm sure 80% of the @ calls are things you can't help with anyways without proof. Simply being on the server will make players think twice about minging around, unless they just don't care about the rules.

No one is saying admins are not allowed to have a personal life. We're all human, anyone who isn't 6 should understand this.
I work 40-50 hours a week depending on how many orders we get a day. Monday-Friday.  I work in a Mill, I come home, tired and sore. Every other Saturday I mow a 2 acre field for my grandmother, help her with what ever she asks  for help with, do model cars, and still find time to sleep, play the server and eat 3 times a day. Sometimes I stay up way to late playing, but even without the staying up, I can average 4-5 hours a day in the server.

Since I've been back on the server, I can honestly say I've only seen half the administration team on a server. I didn't even realize there are more than 15 admins for the community until this thread came up and I checked the "Team" page.

I'm not discrediting any of the administration team in any way, but I think I can speak for most of the community when I say this: Please, get on the server most. Just be there. Check in every once in awhile. Communicate with us once in awhile. Sorry if you're offended, but I hope you're not, as this is how I honestly feel. I said what I felt needed to be said in the most respectable way I could.
I agree with this 100%
wannabe skid
[Image: J8Wdw2Z.gif]
(10-01-2014, 12:36 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: Here's the deal. One thing you guys don't consider when praising the quality of the staff is how it came to this point. We're constantly on the lookout for new staff members. It's no mystery, once you've been deemed a good fit, you get contacted. However, do you think a community with the staff this professional doesn't have a price? I've been around several communities where the RP is far superior to FL. But I found that they're all plagued with subjective and vindictive staff. You raise a valid abuse claim, provide evidence then get shut down by the owner because the staff member in question is his friend. And the circle keeps going. We have inactive staff members because:
a) They're damn good staff
b) They may not do server activity but they either do behind-the-scenes work or help the community in other ways
c) Every 500th player has the potential to be a staff member

If we had an influx of players who are mature, objective, not emotional and level headed at all times but don't take themselves too seriously we'd have 50 staff members and servers staffed around the clock. Guess what, we don't. I hope nobody takes it personally, but out of 500 players one has the potential and even then we get bad eggs who abuse and get demoted. Quality comes at a price.
Lost you at professional 
The following 4 users Like yarrrs's post:
  • Envy, Chech, James_Gaff, Nadrickk
(10-02-2014, 07:46 AM)Infernaw Wrote: I apologize for my inactivity. The fact that I sit at work writing this, hopefully shows how much I care...
I work 9h a day. At work, I deal with about 200 requests + other things per week. At a mission I had before, I was yelled at constantly by customers on the phone because of things that really were not my fault.
Not to mention all the crap in my personal life (Yes, admins do have a personal life omg). And if my personal life wasn't a huge mess, I'd be able to get on more often.

And you can't just tell us to resign, or be demoted for being inactive. The things all of us admins have done for FL are many, and without us, despite the inactivity, what the *** would FL be? We've had so many players and admins leave the community already, that this is starting to feel unfamiliar. If the few people who are left to keep FL what it has and will be, it might as well turn into a darkRP server. Because that's sort of where the RP-quality and dedication is within most other players. And you'd see that if you didn't stick your head up your- and your "cool passive RP" friends' assholes.

Stop telling us what to do as if we're your bitches, and start focusing on your own god damn attitudes for once. Ranting on the forums and whining on the OOC won't help the community at all. AT ALL. Instead of teaching those new "minges", you go ahead and whine instead. I know some are trolls, but some are also new, and young. Some don't understand the rules, or haven't even read them.

I've seen what you "more experienced" members do. You laugh at, and bully other players who don't have the same RP-capability as you and your friends do. If you helped out instead, perhaps they wouldn't have shot you in the face afterwards?

Over and out, Inf.

God Damn. The Truth has been spoken.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
(10-02-2014, 07:46 AM)Infernaw Wrote: I've seen what you "more experienced" members do. You laugh at, and bully other players who don't have the same RP-capability as you and your friends do. If you helped out instead, perhaps they wouldn't have shot you in the face afterwards?

Well not all experience members does that , i talk for me , i have more then 1500 hours and i dont bully or joke , i like to help , i have seen experienced members bully others thats true , but sometimes people is enough stupid for we get piss off , i dont have childs so i dont have to deal with the childs of others , as the rest , when i see new member and he ask help , i help with my pleasure , if he try to be minge or try to fuck with me , it doesnt have any help from my part , anyway each one speak for themself , im friendly always , if u respect me , simple as that.
(10-03-2014, 06:26 PM)therock1990 Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 07:46 AM)Infernaw Wrote: I've seen what you "more experienced" members do. You laugh at, and bully other players who don't have the same RP-capability as you and your friends do. If you helped out instead, perhaps they wouldn't have shot you in the face afterwards?

Well not all experience members does that , i talk for me , i have more then 1500 hours and i dont bully or joke , i like to help , i have seen experienced members bully others thats true , but sometimes people is enough stupid for we get piss off , i dont have childs so i dont have to deal with the childs of others , as the rest , when i see new member and he ask help , i help with my pleasure , if he try to be minge or try to *** with me , it doesnt have any help from my part , anyway each one speak for themself , im friendly always , if u respect me , simple as that.

"more experienced" - I guess its meant on 100-400hours
All I take from this; "makes me admin pweeze".

Admins lead there own lives. They word, goto school, go to college and so on.

**fuck my English... On my phone... Sorry**
Yeah guise.

[Image: 0naKsri.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheAwesomeAuston's post:
  • Venom