Computer Problems yet again...
I just thought i'd ask here as i have no where else to go with it, the problem is rather simple..it wont boot up anymore past the dell screen, it goes to a black screen with a flashing underscore, if i can't get it fixed i may be out of the game for awhile.
(08-19-2011, 10:10 AM)bash Arkin Wrote: I just thought i'd ask here as i have no where else to go with it, the problem is rather simple..it wont boot up anymore past the dell screen, it goes to a black screen with a flashing underscore, if i can't get it fixed i may be out of the game for awhile.
Could you be a bit more exact, any error message's
Screenshots my friend screenshots
How is he supposed to take screenshots if his comp doesn't boot.
Well my advice is to take your windows disk put it in and boot it from the disk.
Also on the "Dell" screen usually something pops up along the lines of press F11 for boot options
or Press tab for blabla I recommend checking it out and let's hope it fixes your shit.
-Signature removed-
It could be a lot of thing's we need any information you can give us,
Could be the following
Bad MBR (Master Boot Record)
Bad Sectors
Dead Hard Drive
Bad Mobo Config
Bad OverClock
Hardware failure the list go's on
If you can come back we some specific error code it would be great
If you can't give us any more details on the issue itself, you can tell us what did you do with it the last time it worked.
Bleh.

If you have saved your shit, then reinstall it as Guami says.
( 300th post YAY ! )
this is probably a stupid statement, but ive done this myself 3 times already, i never learn:/

did you maybe remove the ntdetect.exe? its found in your main harddrive
not in the windows folder, just lying there in "c:\"

as i said i have removed that one 3 times,
if you got another harddrive install windows on it, when done, look in "D:\" or whatever its called, if you see no ntdetect.exe that could be your problem, (dont forget to make invisible files visible otherwise you cant see it) open up the windows installer CD in my computer and find ntdetect.exe
and drag it to "D" drive and finished

i am however not sure if its the same on all windows clients or just winxp
and i cant say for sure that its the ntdetect that is missin

but thoose 3 times i have removed it it wouldnt get past the first screen, no errors, nothing. just black screen reboot

if you have windows vista or windows 7 im not sure if this is your problem

not even sure if its your problem even if you have xp but it could be
I manged to fix it kinda...well format it but i manged to GET that far, i had to force it in to my second harddrive through Bios..but ether way once i get everything back on my computer i shall be on server again Cheese
The following 1 user Likes bash Arkin's post:
  • Grub